Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Agents Of SHIELD: Pilot

Agents Of SHIELD Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 01 October 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

The joke was that Sky's snarkiness was undercut-- the implication was that the two ways were the hard way and the harder way.

The one that bugged me was, "Did you hear the one about the man who was afraid to fly?"
Coulson has always been a little awkward like that. I think he was trying to connect with Ward by telling a joke...which he never got to finish because Ward didn't even realize that Coulson was trying to do that. Ward has so few people skills that he has difficulty even recognizing when someone is trying to lighten the mood.

View PostBklnScott, on 01 October 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

The implication is that they are destined to smooch.
Oh, definitely. Probably sooner rather than later!

Edited by NeuralClone, 01 October 2013 - 07:15 PM.

"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

#122 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

BTW, ABC says that over 22 million people have seen the pilot.  Should be interesting to see the overnights for episode 2...

http://variety.com/2...ere-1200682483/

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#123 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,659 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

^^  Well, we won't have to worry about cancellation.  And we'll probably see more superhero-type projects get the fastrack.

View PostNeuralClone, on 01 October 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

Coulson has always been a little awkward like that. I think he was trying to connect with Ward by telling a joke...which he never got to finish because Ward didn't even realize that Coulson was trying to do that. Ward has so few people skills that he has difficulty even recognizing when someone is trying to lighten the mood.  
Yeah, the funny part was that they were both awkward-- but I still want to hear that joke.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#124 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostBklnScott, on 01 October 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

BTW, ABC says that over 22 million people have seen the pilot.  Should be interesting to see the overnights for episode 2...

http://variety.com/2...ere-1200682483/

That is over two nights though not just it's normal time slot.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#125 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

Yes, that figure includes all platforms - the two airings, DVR+7, on demand and online viewing.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#126 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

I finally got to see this on repeat and I agree the cast so far has very little chemistry and if I didn't already know the show has a full I'd hardly believe it from the pilot's shakey start. The scenes at hte Union Station were well done, but overall it's a fairly empty plot.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#127 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

This is the 2nd time I've seen this episode, and it is just now dawning on me that the super hero was no other then Gunn from Angel.  I haven't seen him since Angel went off the air.  It was rather nice seeing him again.  How I missed it the first time is beyond me Lol!!!  I say welcome back to prime time Mr. August, and goodluck.

#128 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,659 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

I didn't realize that.  Of course, I didn't watch Angel much.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#129 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

Yeah RJDiogenes, Gunn was the Bad boy/secret Slayer that got hookup with the vampire Angel and they ended up working together. two lost soul in LA, and they became partners or Angel's Scooby gang, his side kicks.  I saw him last night and I was like is that him, or am I imagining, he look a bit older and thicker but when he opened his mouth I was like that is him Wow.  Like I said it was really nice seeing him after all these years back on Prime time again

#130 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,659 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

I remember him now that you mention him, but I really only watched the final season of Angel, to see what they would do with Spike.  As far as the other characters went, I mainly liked Fred.  :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents Of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users