Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: The Heart Of The Truest Believer

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0 Neverland

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

Spoilers

644112_549667311755434_347817161_n.jpg

Emma, Mary Margaret, David, Regina, Gold and Hook to go Neverland in search of Henry.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,692 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

Yay!  It's back!  :thumbs-up:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

:boogie:
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

That was a good premiere. It set up the conflict that's going to play out over the next 11 episodes quite nicely.

Okay, it was way too obvious that the boy who was helping Henry was Peter Pan. The minute he appeared and grabbed Henry  went, "He's Pan and I'm guessing he wants Henry to use the pixie dust." I will say that once Peter revealed himself he was an evil little twerp. The actor they cast plays evil really well. I do hope that Pan turns out to be as bad and powerful as he's being built up to be. If even Rumple doesn't believe he can win a fight against Pan without being killed then he has to be a major force.

I like that they've built up Pan, the Lost Boys, and Neverworld as this dark, dangerous, mysterious place that won't be easily conquered. Then again, with Rumple and Regina there it has to be a horrible place since those two are some of the most powerful people around.

I wonder how long the coalition between Emma, Snow, Charming, Regina, and Hook can last. They were all ready at each other's throats after less than a day in Neverland. Though maybe this journey will help bridge the divide between all these characters.

I did not expect to see Greg and Tamara dealt with that quickly. Though they're pretty stupid since they took everything on blind faith. Pan's shadow is vicious. Took me by surprise when it swooped down and ripped Greg's shadow from him.

I wonder if Neal will be in the Enchanted Forest for long, or if he will make his way to Neverland quickly. And if he does, will the others go with him? I kind of hope so. At least Mulan and Robin Hood.

So yeah, a great way to start the season. I think I'm going to like this Neverland arc.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#5 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Seems like a very strong  and cast unifying premise for the season.  Maybe I'll sample.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#6 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

I really enjoyed the season premiere and this looks to be a great unifying adventure for our group.  Although Rumple decided to go it alone ....for now.

I was not sure at first what Pan's game was but I knew that boy who saved Henry in the woods was at least some version of Pan.....whether he was the shadow figure or the good version or what. But he's the real thing and manipulated Henry into revealing his true believer's heart.

Also hoping that Pan is worthy of the fear of the Dark One.  That's quite a build up, ya know.

They have intrigued me with that doll that the Lost Boy gave Rumple.  Why did it make him cry? I sense another Rumple backstory. (and I usually love Rumple stories)

loved both of these bits--
Emma: I know there's a lot of history here and a lot of hate.
Hook: Actually, I quite fancy you from time to time when you're not yelling at me.

Mulan: I'm in a story?
Neal: Yeah, they made a movie about you. It's actually pretty good.
Mulan: What's a movie?

Not sure about the Enchanted Forest story but glad to see that  Neal is alive.  

Edited by Tricia, 30 September 2013 - 08:33 AM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#7 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

I am very happy it is back,  I've waited too long for it's return.  Okay first off, can someone please tell me where the heck the mermaid came from, :clap:  I might have does for a few second and Bam she was there mouthing off.    I loved the cat fight between Regina and Snow.  It was priceless.  Hook and Charming I also loved.  When did Gold leave the boat, and venture on his own.  I seriously have to re watch this I missed a lot. :stretcher:   never watch a premier. laying down and ill.  you may miss so much.  I did however get to see Gold snatch out that evil Tamara's heart and swish it.  That I loved.  It did happen to fast I believe I wanted her to suffer.  What is up with Pa,n  I don't remember his character being :evil:  evil.  Hey did tinker bell show up, is she also evil Lol!!!  From the bits and pieces I did get to see I enjoyed it.  I will have to see iit again to get the full favor.  But I am happy it has returned. :angel_not:

#8 The Tyrant

The Tyrant

R.I.P. Martin Landau

• Islander
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

View Postinnocentone, on 30 September 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

I am very happy it is back,  I've waited too long for it's return.  Okay first off, can someone please tell me where the heck the mermaid came from, :clap:  I might have does for a few second and Bam she was there mouthing off. I loved the cat fight between Regina and Snow.  It was priceless.  Hook and Charming I also loved.  When did Gold leave the boat, and venture on his own.  I seriously have to re watch this I missed a lot. :stretcher:   never watch a premier. laying down and ill.  you may miss so much.  I did however get to see Gold snatch out that evil Tamara's heart and swish it.  That I loved.  It did happen to fast I believe I wanted her to suffer.  What is up with Pa,n  I don't remember his character being :evil:  evil.  Hey did tinker bell show up, is she also evil Lol!!!  From the bits and pieces I did get to see I enjoyed it.  I will have to see iit again to get the full favor.  But I am happy it has returned. :angel_not:

I have seen it has been announced that they are introducing
Spoiler
into the series this season, so I suspect that is what this is.
Hope springs eternal, and is eternally dashed

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Which is a problem....
if you're powerless." - Drago Museveni

'God is a comedian playing to an audience afraid to laugh' - Voltaire

'It's in your nature to destroy yourselves.' - the Terminator, about Humanity.

"Who knew the divine was such a dissolute, horny drunk?  Although that would explain a hell of a lot about this series... " - Christopher, about Battlestar Galactica

#9 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

^^that person comes later in the season. ;)

The mermaid that was on the deck of the ship was one of a group of mermaids that attacked Hook's ship.  Emma actually caught her in a net while Regina threw fireballs? magic? at the rest to drive them away

I know that even when I really pay attention it usually takes a second viewing of the episode to catch it all.

Edited by Tricia, 30 September 2013 - 09:58 AM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#10 innocentone

innocentone

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

:sleep: Okay I mentioned I may have dozed and missed a bit,  It would appear I missed a heck of allot.  I seriously have to re watch this again Ouch!!!   I waited so log to see it and could barely keep my eyes open.  Now I wonder if I even saw Revenge after, and the new show Iwas looking forward too  the name escapes me now.  I guess I will have to DVR everything from now on just to make sure I actually see it.

#11 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

I thought it was amazing.  I suspected the kid was Pan.  Interesting and very satisfying explanation for why he tricked Henry.  Loved the whole pixie dust thing.  Even Mulan was not annoying though imo, um, let's let Neil have her and keep Emma Swan where she belongs:  WITH HOOK.  My oh my what chemistry and I thought Emma really (and finally) came into her own in this one.  They all have their strengths (and weaknesses) but SHE is the leader and that's HER strength and it's really the most important one.  I have to admit that I adored when Regina smacked Snow one.  Pixie holier than thou Snow really annoys me.  My three favorite moments in the episode involved Gold/Rumple.  First, the costume change.  Gold in Dark One Costume is sexy.  There.  I said it.  Second, Gold crushing the heart of that woman.  Yes, yes, I know, brutal, but she SO had it coming.  And my absolute favorite moment was when Pan's crony greeted Gold as Rumple and Gold, still looking like Gold (no Rumple makeup), did that little bow that Rumple did in all the Enchanted Forest flashbacks.  That was just a brilliant little touch.   I just love him.

Welcome back show!
Posted Image

#12 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

For me Emma is still tiresome, she's still blaming somebody for the choices she made in her own life and I can't see her a leader she's too emotionally compromised. It's a shame that Regina had so little to do, but I can't see Emma and the other succeeding without Regina and Gold. I hope we get something going on in Storybrooke, it'd be a shame to wait til midseason to return to Storybrooke.

Edited by DWF, 30 September 2013 - 04:23 PM.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#13 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,692 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

^^  Yeah, I was surprised we didn't see Storybrook at all. I kind of felt like something was missing.  Still, it was a great start to the season and Neverland is a creepy place.  Is it never daytime there?  (Hmm. It's Never Daytime In Neverland. Sounds like an art rock album from the 70s :lol: ).

And now we have mermaids.  Let me see if I can spoiler code this.

Spoiler

It worked!  Is there a button for that, or do you have to type in the code?

And I wonder if the FreakyLinks guy and his cute girlfriend are really dead.  I like them both, so I'll be sorry to see them go.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#14 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Lil, I was happy when Snow finally punched Regina. She does get tiresome with her "rainbows and unicorns" view of the world, but Snow has forgiven Regina far too many times for far too many heinous acts.

Just as True Love was the most powerful magical force in The Enchanted Forest, so True Belief has the most power in Neverland. I hope they don't get tiresome with all that the way they did with True Love.  I do miss Storybrooke or at least Enchanted Forest flashbacks.

RJ, the answer to your spoilered query is Yes, and you'll see in episode 6.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#15 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostCardie, on 30 September 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

Lil, I was happy when Snow finally punched Regina. She does get tiresome with her "rainbows and unicorns" view of the world, but Snow has forgiven Regina far too many times for far too many heinous acts.

Well Snow White isn't as pure as she used be either, remember she's got that black spot in her heart now.

#16 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostTricia, on 30 September 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

They have intrigued me with that doll that the Lost Boy gave Rumple.  Why did it make him cry? I sense another Rumple backstory. (and I usually love Rumple stories)

If I recall correctly it has been previously established that Neal/Baelfire was in Never Land as a child. How long we don't know. And they seemed to have established in this episode that there is a feud/history between Rumple and Peter Pan/Never Land. I wonder if Rumple ever knew his son spent time here.... If this is a place (or a person in this place) he truly fears perhaps it upset him to know his son spent time here? Or just being reminded of such, if he already knew (reminding of his ultimate crime of abandoning his son)?

loved both of these bits--
Emma: I know there's a lot of history here and a lot of hate.
Hook: Actually, I quite fancy you from time to time when you're not yelling at me.

When I heard him say "when" I though he was going to say something like "when you are angry at me especially". Or just drop the "not" ;)
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#17 innocentone

innocentone

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

This may sound a bit crazy, but I for one can not blame Regina for her anger against Snow.  I know I know One can not blame a child for doing something innocently, :innocent:  not realizing the consequences of there actions,  Snow is not all that innocent if you ask me, and this black mark on her heart I think we are about to see the real Snow White, and I think she is worst then Regina can ever be.

#18 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

Emma started the episode still mad at her parents for abandoning her.  But she learned the lesson first (and btw, thank you Gold for chewing her ass out) that they need to work together AND accept one another for who they are if they are going to get Henry back.  That's why she's the leader.
Posted Image

#19 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

While Snow can be annoying, and has done questionable things in the past, I'll take her over Regina any day of the week. Regina has killed hundreds, if not thousands of people during her reign. She shows basically no remorse for anything she has done. She blames everyone else for her actions. She can whine about how she's perceived as the villain and she deserves a happy ending, but she doesn't want to put in the hard work to get that happy ending. She wants to use magic and take shortcuts to get what she wants. She's an interesting, complicated character to be sure, but she's also a horrible person and her love for Henry is really the only thing that shows she can be redeemed.

As for when we'll see Storybrooke,

Spoiler

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#20 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

i always get lost on this show coz i miss many episodes but still like it, less than luv but like it, anyway, enough to ask: what is that doll the pan friend gave dark one rumple, memory of someone past? who? how? why? two, why do the mermaids want to kill? three, why does pan want henry? four, why does rumple want henry? five, what does baelfire want, what's he after and back in the enchanted for? teamed up with robin? what's robin's purpose? was that six? so seven, queen wants henry, emma wants henry, luv'd how he said both my mothers are coming for me, but: what does Snow want, what's she after, what's she there for? and those r really just the first half of questions n'est ce pas? :harper:
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0, Neverland

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users