Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: The Heart Of The Truest Believer

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0 Neverland

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

View Postoffworlder, on 01 October 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

i always get lost on this show coz i miss many episodes but still like it, less than luv but like it, anyway, enough to ask: what is that doll the pan friend gave dark one rumple, memory of someone past? who? how? why?

It isn't explained explicitly. I theorized in post # 16:

"If I recall correctly it has been previously established that Neal/Baelfire was in Never Land as a child. How long we don't know. And they seemed to have established in this episode that there is a feud/history between Rumple and Peter Pan/Never Land. I wonder if Rumple ever knew his son spent time here.... If this is a place (or a person in this place) he truly fears perhaps it upset him to know his son spent time here? Or just being reminded of such, if he already knew (reminding of his ultimate crime of abandoning his son)?"

Or there could be another story to it.

two, why do the mermaids want to kill?

We just met them, as did all the characters except Hook (and possibly Rumple, but he wasn't present in those scenes). So watching this episode you know as much as we do.

three, why does pan want henry?

Fast enough with the questions? You do realize none of the main characters actually seem to know the answers to these questions and we just got to Never Land? I thought these questions were meant for us, but perhaps you mean them to go out into the ether?

;) :D

What we did see in this episode was that Peter Pan (and or the shadow?) wanted the heart of the Truest Believer. That would make sense that it would have strong magical powers. With or without the rest of the body. Perhaps he needs Henry to do something, or perhaps he just needs his heart. Perhaps Peter Pan is sick of Never Land and can't escape himself (though how they got those two idiots they killed involved would perhaps be a bit harder to explain). Perhaps he wants to defeat the dark shadow. Or Hook. Or some other island creature/person. Perhaps it somehow involves Henry's dad Neal/Balefire (I can't imagine he left Never Land with the blessing of the Lost Boys or the shadow.)

four, why does rumple want henry?

Do you know that Henry's biological father is Neal/Baelfire? And Neal/Baelfire is Gold/Rumple's son? So Henry is Gold/Rumple's grandson. And Gold/Rumple (and everyone else) seems to presume Baelfire is dead, because he was severely injured and fell thru a portal to where they don't know. Though there is some twisted prophesy that Henry is going to somehow cause Gold/Rumple's death the Gold/Rumple got before , the curse. The prophesy didn't mention their relation. So why does Gold/Rumple want Henry? To save him? Or to sacrifice him to save his own ass? Or something else? (maybe he'd like the magic that comes with the heart of the truest believer)

And five, what does baelfire want, what's he after and back in the enchanted for?

Finally! A question I can answer! ;)

Baelfire fell into a portal, when mortally injured, as I mentioned before. It was not on purpose, but apparently he has been thru a few and knows how to work them (I'd guess from his comment about the last thing he thought of was Storeybrooke). As you could see he was surprised that Emma is in Never Land. He fell thru the portal before Henry got kidnapped and the rest followed.

teamed up with robin? what's robin's purpose? was that six?

Robin is convenient. Storeybrooke is pretty depopulated since the curse. As Robin mentioned, he owes Rumple. Once Rumple was going to kill Robin. I can't remember the episode well. I think Robin stole something to save an ill pregnant Marian or something (I am wondering where she is in all this). His purpose may just be being a sidekick who knows the new Enchanted Forest ;) We'll find out if it is something more.

so seven, queen wants henry, emma wants henry, luv'd how he said both my mothers are coming for me, but: what does Snow want, what's she after, what's she there for? and those r really just the first half of questions n'est ce pas? :harper:

Snow (and Charming) want Emma and their grandson Henry. They wouldn't leave Emma to do this alone silly ;)
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#22 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

Actually Kitsis and Horowitz were asked about the killer mermaids and they answered--

Why choose killer mermaids to attack the Jolly Roger?
Kitsis: Well, in the Peter Pan book, they were only nice to Peter, and they were saucy, and we like our mermaids saucy. For us, when we were coming up with this, we just loved the idea that that was who they were attacked by, and that was kind of symbolic of Neverland. It’s not what you think it is. Most people think of Ariel when they think of mermaids, and what they don’t know is that she’s surrounded by really hot-tempered mermaids.
Horowitz: To be fair, they were swimming peacefully when a pirate ship came through.
Kitsis: Yeah, to be fair to the mermaids, this is their turf, and they did not have an entry visa.

Here's the link to that article but beware---there be possible SPOILERS there ;)  

Edited by Tricia, 01 October 2013 - 05:54 PM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#23 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,945 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostCardie, on 30 September 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

RJ, the answer to your spoilered query is Yes, and you'll see in episode 6.  
Cool.  At least I hope so.  :lol:

View PostVirgil Vox, on 01 October 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Spoiler
Hmm. Odd choice.

View PostTricia, on 01 October 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Here's the link to that article but beware---there be possible SPOILERS there ;)      
All of that sounds very intriguing.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0, Neverland

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users