11 replies to this topic

#1 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

http://tv.msnbc.com/...-work-together/

Rep. Markwayne Mullin, R-Okla:

“This country isn’t ran by just one individual it’s ran by four branches, but three branches that are in control of this,” Mullin said Tuesday. “As long as those three branches control it, then we all have to figure out how to negotiate. Not all of us is going to get 100% of what we want, but we should do what’s right.”

There you have it.

I'm totally with him on "we should do what's right." I just hope he knows what that would be.

Edited by Spectacles, 10 October 2013 - 09:27 AM.

"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#2 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

“This country isn’t ran by just one individual it’s ran by four branches, but three branches that are in control of this,” Mullin said Tuesday.

Grammar aside, what is the fourth branch that he is referring to? :huh2:

I am also with him on "we should do what’s right.". That would be a nice change.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#3 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

Ain't no tellin'. I'm hoping someone asks. I'm sure his answer will be....interesting.

Amazing, though, that someone who managed to get himself elected to the U.S. House of Representatives does not know basic civics.

I can forgive the nonstandard grammar more easily than the ignorance.

My favorite comment on this guy's remarks thus far is "That goober makes our Georgia Congressmen look like Einsteins."
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#4 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostSpectacles, on 10 October 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

Ain't no tellin'. I'm hoping someone asks. I'm sure his answer will be....interesting.

Amazing, though, that someone who managed to get himself elected to the U.S. House of Representatives does not know basic civics.

I can forgive the nonstandard grammar more easily than the ignorance.

Interesting, yes, possibly hilarious. :)

View PostSpectacles, on 10 October 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

My favorite comment on this guy's remarks thus far is "That goober makes our Georgia Congressmen look like Einsteins."

:spew:  I forgot to read the comments. :lol:
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#5 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

A distinguished WWII veteran's take on the mess.

Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#6 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

I agree. And I'm going to be really pissed if I don't get my Social Security Disability check, because that's what I live on.  They're punishing millions of Americans just to be obstinate and it's an end run to get the Obama Care bill overturned (a little hard to do since the Supreme Court ruled it legal, but that hasn't stopped them).  I wish they'd fixate on doing their damn job instead of playing games.

Edited by Rhea, 11 October 2013 - 12:10 AM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#7 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

FOUR branches of government? Executive, legislative, judicial, and...? Which constitution is he looking at anyway?
"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

#8 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Markwayne Mullin is my partner's folk's congressman in Oklahoma.  Go, Markwayne! :devil:

Meanwhile, the Tea Party Governor of Maine declared himself King!  

These are heady days for the Tea Party, to be sure.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#9 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Scott: Meanwhile, the Tea Party Governor of Maine declared himself King!  

WTF?

:D

Yeah, he sorta did (or done it, if you're Markwayne):

http://www.presshera...emergency_.html

#10 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Paul LePage making an ass of himself? Why am I not surprised. :headshake: I'd like to apologize to the rest of the country for this guy. Mainers are better than this. Well, usually.

#11 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

He's much more entertaining than Ted Cruz, that's for sure!

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#12 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

I just wish he wasn't making a mess of the Maine government and government funded programs in the process...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Government, Shut Down 2013, 113th Congress

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users