Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: Quite A Common Fairy

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0 Neverland

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Spoilers

Hook enlits the aid of Tinkerbell to try and find Henry.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

This was Regina's best ep. of the season, Lana Parilla always gives her best when she's something to work with. We also got to see some of Pan's motives at last which added some depth to him. And I do think Mulan had a thing for Sleeping Beauty. How Regina messed up Robin Hood's life is beyond me though.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#3 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

^^All I think of is that Robin Hood lost Marian and was left to raise his son alone.  Not sure how  his life was ruined either.  Unless he wasn't yet an outlaw until after Regina didn't meet him?  Or both their lives would have been better together? (Regina would have had to let her anger go in order to let herself be happy and she couldn't...or wouldn't do that)

I was  surprised when Mulan insisted she didn't need to  talk to Phillip because I was sure that she'd fallen for him during their search for Sleeping Beauty but it looks like I was wrong.  

Poor Tink....another victim of Regina, trying to save her from herself.

Edited by Tricia, 14 October 2013 - 04:53 AM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#4 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

Well I spent the night in the ER, not me this time so I have it on tape and I will be viewing it today, sound interesting,

And I do think Mulan had a thing for Sleeping Beauty.DFW,  
are they trying to say that Mulan is gay I never got that from her character.  I may have been a little curious as to why she was hanging around her so much,  and isn't her prince charming there also. with them.  Maybe I'm reading too much into this  :confused:

#5 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

It's not really directly said but since Mulan goes to talk the person she has feelings (love) for that she has not expressed and it's Aurora...  and Mulan says she doesn't need to talk to Phillip...it's implied.

Maybe Disney and ABC can back away or change what was implied but it does look like they kinda outed Mulan.

I guess it's sort of open to interpretation and until or unless she actually says the words...

Yes, Phillip is there but the point was that Mulan didn't feel the need to talk to him.

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#6 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostTricia, on 13 October 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

^^All I think of is that Robin Hood lost Marian and was left to raise his son alone.  Not sure how  his life was ruined either.  Unless he wasn't yet an outlaw until after Regina didn't meet him?  Or both their lives would have been better together? (Regina would have had to let her anger go in order to let herself be happy and she couldn't...or wouldn't do that)

Any and all of that, I assume.  I just can't see how Regina and Robin Hood could ever be soul-mates, in any universe. He is the picture of honor and nobility, how can you possibly put those two together?  :crazy:

However, I noted three Oz references in just this ep.  1) When Neal is looking for portals he says "They can be made by beings, Ruby Slippers, certain kinds of ashes... ".   2) Tinkerbell used Poppy seeds to knock out Regina because she had no magic left.  3) Snow talks about how the desire for Home is such a powerful motivator.  No place like it?  :hehe:

Also, in the trailer for next week:
Spoiler

So, before they revealed the identity of Regina's soul-mate, they kept referring to him as "The man with the lion tattoo."  And while they never used the actual word, Regina was acting very cowardly in refusing to meet him.  Up until he turned out to be Robin Hood, I was 100% certain that he would be revealed as the Cowardly Lion!  :eek:

But I guess I was 100% percent wrong.  :shrug:  Although, I guess they may as well just make Rumple the cowardly lion.  How many different story roles has he filled so far?  :lol:

On a side note, I wonder of all the Oz refs are a hint of where they might wind up next season, or are these just references for references sake?

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 14 October 2013 - 12:41 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,784 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

They do seem to be foreshadowing both more interdimensional travel in general and Oz in particular-- it would be great if that happened in the second half of the season.

And, yeah, poor Mulan.  She was definitely going after Aurora. Now she is heartbroken.  :(

And it seems like we can blame everything on Blue.  If she had supported Tinkerbell-- who was right-- none of this ever would have happened.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

I'm sure they'll get to Oz eventually.

The lion tattoo referred to Richard the Lion-Hearted, the true king Robin fought so hard for against the usurper Prince John.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#9 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

We might see Star Wars characters before we see Oz since Disney now owns Star Wars. :D And the more I think about it the odder the scene of Regina and Tinkerbell eating amongist the commoners is to me, it's strange to see Regina in normal clothes and little make-up. And Henry doesn't appear to e too angry with Emma for putting him up for adoption.

#10 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostCardie, on 14 October 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

I'm sure they'll get to Oz eventually.

The lion tattoo referred to Richard the Lion-Hearted, the true king Robin fought so hard for against the usurper Prince John.

That makes perfect sense.  But since Robin Hood never occurred to me as Regina's soul mate, I didn't think of that.  ;)

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#11 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

I know that when the tattoo was mentioned and we saw the man from the back I thought "Robin Hood is Regina's soulmate?"

I knew about the whole Richard the Lionhearted thing....just thought they were trying to fool us.

#12 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

I don't like the Regina - Robin Hood soulmate thing. So I tried to get to thinking of who I *would* like paired with Regina out of fairy tales and myth.... A lot of the guys we are regularly exposed to just don't stand up to scrutiny. They are more like cut-outs then actual people, and even when you can imagine them actual people could you imagine them going toe-to-toe in a mature romantic relationship with Regina? I am sure the actress can sell anything they write ;) But when I was trying to think of good romantic matches for her I got stuck on Merlin. Not just because of magic, but he has a bit of a tortured past (and still seems optimistic and see the good in people, sometimes to his detriment), has the maturity to handle a complicated relationship and just has lots of gravitas. He could also make for interesting stories outside of their relationship. I am sure some people would hate this idea ;) but I think it has more merit then normal story characters with their cut-out personas. While Robin Hood is an outlaw, he is a do-gooder outlaw ;) Though I don't imagine her with an ancient Merlin with beard and hair he can tuck in his belt ;) Middle aged with a trim beard. There is enough inconsistencies and variations in Merlin's tale they could have pretty much do whatever they wanted. No worse than they've done to Hook ;) Hook just isn't as beloved as Merlin.

I am unsure how Regina has ruined Robin Hood's like either, unless it is just one of those things that are supposed to be self-explanatory such as never finding your soul mate automatically makes your life unliveable even if you don't know that they are missing..... *rolls eyes* I don't know how that should be the case because I don't know how they would have met without the fairy... and if they did would the King have just let her go or would there have been fighting and battles? We almost need an alternative universe story to figure *that* out. Without that I would suppose unless we learn more about their version of Robin Hood (and his past) we won't know. Was he an outlaw before they met? Had he already met the father of his child? Does them being soulmates mean that Jr shouldn't exist, or where they suppose to meet after the death of Mariam and the fairy speed things up but in actuality messed them up?

As for Mulan, she could have wanted to talk to Aurora about her feelings for Phillip (which had been touched upon before and guessed by Aurora IIRC...) before talking to him herself. In any case, I don't care if she is straight, gay or bi ;)

Edited by sierraleone, 20 October 2013 - 10:17 AM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#13 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

It was Tinkerbell's plan to bring Regina and Rodon Hood together, I'm sure we'll learn why later on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0, Neverland

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users