• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

http://www.nowtheend...m/blog/?p=15312

Be warned, right now. MAJOR non Liberal rant ahead. continue reading at your own risk of being offended.

You've been warned.

Alright...I can't even express how pissed off I am at THIS. Is obama F-ing kidding me? You open the memorials you had closed to the vets, and keep it closed to Americans, but you open it up for illegals...who aren't even suppose to be in the damn country, and who should be deported....and then you have the BALLS to arrest the vets? Well, it's not like Obama gives a rats a$$ about the military...He did, afterall, do nothing when Benghazi happened, and still has done nothing. Oh wait...he did give the stand down order to the seals who were trying to protect Americans.

You know what....I have to stop myself right now. I'm about 2 seconds from violating US law. And it's almost worth it...cause the way I'm feeling right now...voting them out just doesn't do it for me right now. So I'll be back once I've calmed down to only being nuclear pissed...cause right now, I'm well past THAT point.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#2 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

You're completely wrong about who is at fault,  Will you try and find out what you don't know?  I've seen you do it once in a while but you always go to the same sources and wind up with egg on your face.  The Republicans SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT, parks and memorials are Federally funded, the people that maintain them and protect them are funded by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, which the Republicans shut down.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostBalderdash, on 13 October 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

You're completely wrong about who is at fault,  Will you try and find out what you don't know?  I've seen you do it once in a while but you always go to the same sources and wind up with egg on your face.  The Republicans SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT, parks and memorials are Federally funded, the people that maintain them and protect them are funded by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, which the Republicans shut down.

Shut down accept for the illegal immigrants you mean, right?
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

Well, I think you can calm down, LoTS. This looks like it's a bit of twisting to make it sound worse than it is, and to get people all riled up.
First of all, they didn't open it up for illegals, they opened it for a rally to try to convince "Congress to adopt an immigration law that would allow the nation's 12 million undocumented immigrants the ability to apply for U.S. citizenship".

From this article,  http://www.usatoday....-rally/2942257/:

"Under the same First Amendment rights that are allowing Honor Flight veterans and their families to visit the veterans memorials on the National Mall, other groups will be granted access to the park for First Amendment activities in accordance with National Park Service established regulations," Litterst said in a statement.

The only actual mention I could find of someone being arrested was a guy carrying a gun. So why Vets would be arrested, I don't know. I read a day or two ago, that they were allowing Vets in, so that doesn't make sense.

As for closing national memorials and parks, and keeping them closed to Americans, the government kind of had to after the Republicans shut down the government. Police/security are salaried, which means they are paid a yearly sum regardless, so they would be the only ones to still be on the job. The thousands of others it takes to keep memorials/parks open and running, would not be working.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#5 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 14 October 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

Shut down accept for the illegal immigrants you mean, right?

Settle down, read Elara's post, she did the legwork for you.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

#6 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostElara, on 14 October 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

Well, I think you can calm down, LoTS. This looks like it's a bit of twisting to make it sound worse than it is, and to get people all riled up.
First of all, they didn't open it up for illegals, they opened it for a rally to try to convince "Congress to adopt an immigration law that would allow the nation's 12 million undocumented immigrants the ability to apply for U.S. citizenship".

"Under the same First Amendment rights that are allowing Honor Flight veterans and their families to visit the veterans memorials on the National Mall, other groups will be granted access to the park for First Amendment activities in accordance with National Park Service established regulations," Litterst said in a statement.

The only actual mention I could find of someone being arrested was a guy carrying a gun. So why Vets would be arrested, I don't know. I read a day or two ago, that they were allowing Vets in, so that doesn't make sense.

As for closing national memorials and parks, and keeping them closed to Americans, the government kind of had to after the Republicans shut down the government. Police/security are salaried, which means they are paid a yearly sum regardless, so they would be the only ones to still be on the job. The thousands of others it takes to keep memorials/parks open and running, would not be working.

Accept that the "Honor flight vets" had to break down the barricades and basically disobey the government and trespass to visit. The illegals are being given preferred treatment by Obama.

Quoted from the article you linked:

Now they're being given free range on these public parks while we've seen the greatest generation military vets being turned away from their sacred memorials," said Bob Dane, a spokesman for the Federation for American Immigration Reform, a group that opposes proposals in Congress to legalize the nation's undocumented immigrants. "It's offensive and it shows where their loyalties lie."

#7 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 14 October 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

Accept that the "Honor flight vets" had to break down the barricades and basically disobey the government and trespass to visit. The illegals are being given preferred treatment by Obama.

Now they're being given free range on these public parks while we've seen the greatest generation military vets being turned away from their sacred memorials," said Bob Dane, a spokesman for the Federation for American Immigration Reform, a group that opposes proposals in Congress to legalize the nation's undocumented immigrants. "It's offensive and it shows where their loyalties lie."

President Obama did not close the Government, the Republicans did.  The memorials are closed because of the Republicans.

#8 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

View PostBalderdash, on 14 October 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

President Obama did not close the Government, the Republicans did.  The memorials are closed because of the Republicans.

This issue has NOTHING to do with who shut down the government. It has to do with WHO opened a closed park to illegals, while enforcing that closure for vets. That is Obama. Not the republicans.

#9 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

Yes, though "break down barricades" is probably a bit over dramatic. They may have moved barricades to open it up more, but that was about all. And, as I said, these places have to be closed with the government shut down.
I'm not sure when the rally was set up/planned, but timing could have something to do with why they were allowed and why the Vets had to move barricades. What I read said that the Vets were allowed in, despite these places being closed.
And again, they were not illegals, it was a rally about allowing undocumented immigrants to become legalized. If they had actually been illegals, they would have been arrested, if they were actually brave enough to come out of hiding.
And the parks/memorials being closed is not Obama's doing, there would be protocols in place.

The part you quoted from the article that I posted, is someone that is against legalizing illegals, so what they say is probably meant to incite, and usually works.

~edit to remove sneaky coding. :)

Edited by Elara, 14 October 2013 - 01:23 AM.

El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#10 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

Thanks, Elara and Baldie.  I'm getting damn sick and tired of all the stupid lies about who to blame about what, and meanwhile, I can't believe the morons responsible for this mess DARE to threaten veterans LIKE ME with no check next month, then try to trick us into blaming the President.  Sadly, I do believe that many Americans actually believe their stupid lies.  I am shaking so hard I can barely type, but I want to get the word out: THIS IS NOT THE PRESIDENT'S DOING.

One of my neighbors was trash talking the government over the closure of the WWII Memorial the other day, and I stopped him before he started in on the President.  He listened to me when I asked why no GOP were at my Women's Memorial, also closed.  No photo op there, I suggested.  I could see the lights going on in his head.

Several GOP expressed concern on the Sunday talk shows that they will end up humiliated over this, and they want to spread the humiliation around.  No!  This is the GOP's doing, and they need to man up and take it, as soon as they give the President the clean bill he needs.  No more screwing around.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#11 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

Oh for crying out loud, it's an end of times site!  Of course it's nothing but lies.   :rolleyes:   Those morons want to bring about the end of the world so they can sit in their weird, raging deity's lap and laugh while he points out the the rest of us suffering.  They obsess about Israel, they cause as much misery in the Middle East as they can, all because of their pathetic, selfish belief about their ridiculously elevated place in their made up universe.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#12 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

http://www.usatoday....-rally/2942257/

Susana Flores of Casa de Maryland, a community organization that assists immigrants and helped organize Tuesday's rally, said they were given clearance for the rally by the National Parks Service based on First Amendment grounds. National Parks Service spokesman Mike Litterst confirmed that the march will go on.

But that won't stop the outrage.

We're a pretty outrageous nation these days thanks to Rush Limbaugh, FoxNews, the WorldNutDaily and other sources of rightwing propaganda.

(See shutdown and possible default.)
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#13 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

As for the lunacy about Obama ordering the SEALS to stand down in Benghazi, that is another example of how repeating a lie often enough makes it seem the truth.

LoTS, Fact Check. org is your friend:

http://www.factcheck...zi-food-stamps/
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#14 Kota

Kota
  • Islander
  • 417 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

Mmmmm - Let's see, as long as Obama REFUSES to negotiate Obamacare, the government will be “shut down”.
So that would be the Democrats shutting down the government since the House of Representatives passed a bill to keep the massive budget on target and wanted to negotiate Obamacare.  But Noooooooo, Democrats shut it down.

I just got back from Nevada and every Park Ranger- repeatedly said Obama and Reid shut down the National Parks and are to blame. They offered the information and much more,  we didn't have to ask.

#15 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostKota, on 14 October 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

Mmmmm - Let's see, as long as Obama REFUSES to negotiate Obamacare, the government will be “shut down”.
So that would be the Democrats shutting down the government since the House of Representatives passed a bill to keep the massive budget on target and wanted to negotiate Obamacare.  But Noooooooo, Democrats shut it down.

I just got back from Nevada and every Park Ranger- repeatedly said Obama and Reid shut down the National Parks and are to blame. They offered the information and much more,  we didn't have to ask.

You better pray that Obama doesn't cave because if he does the next time Democrats are in the Republican position they will have the purse strings and lets see what they will do.  Obamacare or the Affordable Care Act is a law is Constitutional.  Tea Baggers shut it down.   Insane effing tea baggers shut our Government down and are holding our country hostage, they are terrorists.  

"every Park Ranger- repeatedly said Obama and Reid shut down the National Parks and are to blame"

Whoa, well I guess that nails that down.  It's b*llsh*t!

#16 Dev F

Dev F

Straighten your pope hat!

• Islander
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

View PostKota, on 14 October 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

So the Democrats refused to make a massive concession in exchange for something that both sides wanted, while the Republicans conceded nothing. Gosh, it sure sounds like it was the Dems' fault to me!

Care to explain why the Republicans deserve to be "negotiated with" to avoid something that everyone agrees is terrible? "Do what I say or we all go to hell" is not negotiation; it's hostage-taking.

Edited by Dev F, 14 October 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#17 Kota

Kota
  • Islander
  • 417 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

You better pray that Obama doesn't cave
He has to cave, he can't sit there and do nothing - he is the president who
should be running the country.  Instead of sitting there as a spoiled boy who is not getting
his way.

Whoa, well I guess that nails that down.  It's b*llsh*t!
Wasn't it fun when the Park Rangers turned on their flashing lights and chased us down,
on Lake Mead Blvd.  Remember what the Rangers
said?  Of course you don't, you weren't there but you do know it was bullpoo...

#18 Kota

Kota
  • Islander
  • 417 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

So the Democrats refused to make a massive concession in exchange for something that both sides wanted, while the Republicans conceded nothing.

17 changes have been made to the ACA law but now it can't be negotiated..Right!

"Do what I say or we all go to hell"
Exactly and why would the President do this?

#19 Dev F

Dev F

Straighten your pope hat!

• Islander
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostKota, on 14 October 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

So the Democrats refused to make a massive concession in exchange for something that both sides wanted, while the Republicans conceded nothing.
17 changes have been made to the ACA law but now it can't be negotiated..Right!
I didn't say it can't be negotiated, I said it isn't being negotiated. If the Republicans wanted to, say, agree to lift the sequester or raise more revenues in exchange for adjustments to the ACA, that would be a perfectly decent negotiation tack. But what they're doing instead is demanding that the Democrats gut the ACA in exchange for nothing or they'll blow up the economy.

Unless you think that simply keeping the government open and not defaulting on our debt amounts to a concession on the Republicans' part, which suggests that they actually want the economy to blow up but are willing to negotiate for a less optimal outcome if they can also gut the ACA.

Edited by Dev F, 14 October 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#20 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,028 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostDev F, on 14 October 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

Unless you think that simply keeping the government open and not defaulting on our debt amounts to a concession on the Republicans' part, which suggests that they actually want the economy to blow up but are willing to negotiate for a less optimal outcome if they can also gut the ACA.

I'm no longer entirely convinced this is not the case...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Government, Shut Down 2013, 113th Congress, Veterans

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users