• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#81 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

It's the spin, dear.

Even in that article's information is the fact that the Obama white house staff is NOT the most expensive in history. It is neck-and-neck with Bush's. In fact, a comparison of some years shows Obama's White House staff expenses to be 2 million dollars less than Bush's.

This is a silly discussion. When you introduced the point, I'm sure you were thinking of those damned Obama's hiring people to peel grapes for them and treat them like royalty, right? Not the case. But do continue. By yourself.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#82 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

I'm gonna post this in every thread I consider an appropriate place to post it:

View PostNonny, on 17 October 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

I had my laser procedure yesterday, it went well, I feel fine, will receive "aggressive" follow up from the surgeon and her team, so this veteran is damn glad they shut down the war memorials and NOT THE VA HOSPITALS.

Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Government, Shut Down 2013, 113th Congress, Veterans

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users