Government Shut Down 2013 113th Congress Debt Limit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

This is written by an apparently knowledgeable and sane person who doesn't seem to have an ideological axe to grind.

http://www.washingto...-today/?hpid=z1

Looks like this round of Tea Party Follies is wobbling to an end.

What did the GOP win? Not a damned thing. The Teahadists just made  the country nervous as hell for a couple of weeks, and now, having gained not a damned thing, they will have to agree to shut the f*ck up long enough for government to resume and for the debt ceiling to be raised so that we can avoid another recession.

Yay.

Now let us hope that people in their districts aren't stupid enough to re-elect them next year--but I wouldn't bank on that.

The stock market is happy--up about 200 points at one point today.

That's nice. Mostly, I'm relieved. How about y'all?
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#2 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

If this goes through and I can go back to work, the Teahadists, baggers whatever vile name I can think of will have accomplished some things.  They have terrorized hard working people and took us to the brink of disaster.   If I hear one more effing Republican come on CNN and whine about how the President and/or the Democrats won't negotiate with them I'm going to implode.  They are liars, they are dishonest, for the most part and until they stop kow towing to the insane of their party they will have to continue to save face with lies.  The only Republican that I have any respect for is Olympia Snowe, you go girl.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#3 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

^What did Comrade Olympia say? I missed it.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#4 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostSpectacles, on 16 October 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

^What did Comrade Olympia say? I missed it.

I actually meant Susan Collins but Olympia Snowe has been telling her Republican buddies to "do your job!"  Susan Collins a moderate, sane Republican put the bi-partisan team together that got us this deal.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Government, Shut Down 2013, 113th Congress, Debt Limit

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users