• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...-wont-block-it/

If there is one thing I cant stand, it's people who lack the courage of their convictions. Or alledged convictions, as the case may be. The republicans have just proven to Obama, and the democrats that all their posturing aside, when push comes to shove, they will cower in the corners and say "Please don't hurt me." All Obama has to do from now on, is keep saying "I won't deal. It's my way. Bow down and worship me" and at the 11th hour, the republicans will. Because, as of right now, the GOP is Obama's bitch!.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#2 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 16 October 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

If there is one thing I cant stand, it's people who lack the courage of their convictions. Or alledged convictions, as the case may be. The republicans have just proven to Obama, and the democrats that all their posturing aside, when push comes to shove, they will cower in the corners and say "Please don't hurt me." All Obama has to do from now on, is keep saying "I won't deal. It's my way. Bow down and worship me" and at the 11th hour, the republicans will. Because, as of right now, the GOP is Obama's bitch!.

Well, I for one am thankful that cooler heads finally prevailed and I can go back to work tomorrow.  I do think that I'll be looking for a new job though, I can't take this insane crap again.  And as far as the GOP being Obama's bitch, as you've proved over this entire debacle, you aren't paying attention.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

Whoever thought of this youtube video is a prophet...that is the future awaiting America.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostBalderdash, on 16 October 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Well, I for one am thankful that cooler heads finally prevailed and I can go back to work tomorrow.  I do think that I'll be looking for a new job though, I can't take this insane crap again.  And as far as the GOP being Obama's bitch, as you've proved over this entire debacle, you aren't paying attention.

As for me....I have zero use for any politican. I'm actually grateful I don't have any kids, to be honest. So Obama can have his grandchildren and great grandchildren pay this debt. Along with the rest of future generations....At least my immediate family won't be paying for this debt.

#5 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

It also looks like the republicans will have 87 primary challenges to deal with, from the right, come the mid terms.

#6 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

So, if you don't like people who cave on their convictions, you must really love Obama for sticking to his, right?

The only deal that was offered to Obama was "De-fund ACA or we're going to shut down the government!" You're saying he should have gone the whole process of getting ACA repealed and de-funded for that? That he's the one who should have 'caved'?

#7 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 16 October 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

It also looks like the republicans will have 87 primary challenges to deal with, from the right, come the mid terms.

Which shows that the right is becoming even more unhinged.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#8 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

Posted Image

Look at it this way. The Republicans scored a goal. So what if it wasn't theirs.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#9 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,506 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

We can b!tch all we want about who's ideals are/were right/wrong and who scored a victory (no correlation to the pic above), but in truth...

we (the country as a whole) all lost in the end here.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#10 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

View PostEChatty, on 17 October 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

So, if you don't like people who cave on their convictions, you must really love Obama for sticking to his, right?

The only deal that was offered to Obama was "De-fund ACA or we're going to shut down the government!" You're saying he should have gone the whole process of getting ACA repealed and de-funded for that? That he's the one who should have 'caved'?

I do NOT like Obama, no. But at least he had the balls to have the courage of his convictions. I can at least respect that. Those 87 republicans that caved...are completely useless as far as I'm concerned. They lacked the courage of their alledged convictions. And they'll probably pay the consequences of it, in primary challenges. Hope every single one gets replaced.

#11 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

POPULAR

Having the courage of your convictions is not a virtue if your convictions are all wrong.  

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#12 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

POPULAR

^ Can't upvote that post enough. The KKK have "courage of their convictions" in spades.

In fact it takes more courage to admit when you're wrong (especially for a politician, I suspect).

Sparky

Edited by SparkyCola, 17 October 2013 - 11:30 AM.

Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#13 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 17 October 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

I do NOT like Obama, no. But at least he had the balls to have the courage of his convictions. I can at least respect that. Those 87 republicans that caved...are completely useless as far as I'm concerned. They lacked the courage of their alledged convictions. And they'll probably pay the consequences of it, in primary challenges. Hope every single one gets replaced.

I have to ask: What is the difference between "caving" and realizing that one might be wrong? Does one only have "balls" if they stick with their original thought, never "caving" despite evidence saying that they are wrong? If science worked that way, well, we would still believe the sun revolved around us.
It is a possibility that the Republicans, the ones who changed their minds, actually considered that this was a bad choice, or maybe they were not completely for it in the first place and this time had the courage to vote against their fellow Republicans.
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#14 Dev F

Dev F

Straighten your pope hat!

• Islander
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostElara, on 17 October 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

It is a possibility that the Republicans, the ones who changed their minds, actually considered that this was a bad choice, or maybe they were not completely for it in the first place and this time had the courage to vote against their fellow Republicans.
Yeah, that's pretty much what happened. The Republicans who actually had the courage of their (nonsensical) convictions never had to change their minds; they voted against the final bill. What changed was that the craven establishment Republicans, who knew all along that this was an idiotic and impossible strategy, finally decided to stop kowtowing their oh-so-committed Tea Party brethren and actually govern.

#15 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

Dammit I hit the stupid karma button when I meant to hit quote.  I did in NO WAY intend to give this post a karma.  I do in NO WAY support this pov.

If there is one thing I cant stand, it's people who lack the courage of their convictions. Or alledged convictions, as the case may be. The republicans have just proven to Obama, and the democrats that all their posturing aside, when push comes to shove, they will cower in the corners and say "Please don't hurt me."

What I came here to say is that, no, they are cowering in corners trying to figure out a more outrageous attack on the most vulnerable Americans for next time.  We ain't seen nuthin' yet.  

And, of course: I'm gonna post this in every thread I consider an appropriate place to post it:

View PostNonny, on 17 October 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

I had my laser procedure yesterday, it went well, I feel fine, will receive "aggressive" follow up from the surgeon and her team, so this veteran is damn glad they shut down the war memorials and NOT THE VA HOSPITALS.

Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Government, Shut Down 2013, 113th Congress

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users