Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: Nasty Habits

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0 Neverland

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Spoilers

old decides to face but is it to save Henry or kill over the prophecy? And David deals with his wound,

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

So if Pan only allowed Bae to leave the map the others found is more or less useless and Pan is still tiresome as a villain at least to me. Jered Gilmore is growing up though and very quickly anymore. And Peter Pan as the piped piper with of course a pan flute is pushing it a bit.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#3 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

I am going to have to watch this again, I was confused.  Pan is starting to get on my nerves,  I mean who the heck is he anyway to keep people against their will.  Why is he doing this.  is he force to stay in never land, was he cured or something that he can't leave and live a normal life. Why is it that all of the sudden Henry can hear the music now.  It appears that Emma and Hook are finally about to :blush: hookup next week. Do you guys really think Gold is going to kill his grandson.  I don't think he was I believe he wanted to get him back because he was all that was left in his mind of Bain.  Well one thing although it has me confused as heck it is still interesting I love watching the crazy stories :clap:

#4 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Neal is an idiot.
Posted Image

#5 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

Agreed

If he just thought about what Gold said when he thought that Neal was just a vision (like Belle) he'd realize that Gold said he'd sacrifice himself for Henry.  Or some such thing.  Neal even asked his father if he was willing to sacrifice himself to save Henry.

I know that I believe Gold.  And I suppose that Neal might not trust his father.

I really wasn't surprised that Pan was the Piper especially when I realized that it was only boys who were following him.

Not sure what Pan is but I sense there is another backstory there.

Also not quite sure why Henry couldn't hear the music at first but could later.  Maybe because he was reminded of his father who he thought dead and as a result felt 'lost'?

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#6 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

I just think that the longer one stays with Pan, the lest able to resist.  

Emma is managing to work with a ton of people she doesn't trust and she also has abandonment issues.  Yes, Neal SHOULD be concerned about the prophecy but, of all people, he HAD to know he had zero chance of getting through the forest without magical help.   I've never really liked him and this is just one more reason.  One thing is being cautious.  Another is being STUPID.
Posted Image

#7 innocentone

innocentone

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

I wonder how that will add up when jealousy comes in to the picture,  Will Bain get the hook or will hook lose the hook either was Emma had better make up her mind if it is not already made up.  We know she still loves Bain but Hook is starting to look good to her.  Oh and what's up with Charming, why is it that Hook is the only one that knows he is dying. Can't Regina heal him if she knew he was pierced with the poison arrow cursed. Why is he keeping quiet unless he wants to dye

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

BTW, Neal is Bae or Baelfire, not Bain.  ;)

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 innocentone

innocentone

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

DEBBISH on the move again, Bae, Baefire, Neal, Bain,  How about the son of the Dark One. :p~

#10 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

:hehe:
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#11 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,884 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Man, Neil made a huge mistake.  I was very disappointed.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#12 innocentone

innocentone

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

Man, Neil made a huge mistake.  I was very disappointed.
    Why, because he didn't believe the dark one, frankly from what we seen between the relationship with his pop's, or as Bae says it, Papa I would find it hard to believe it also.   Rumplestiltskin  has allot to make up for where his son is concern.  Bae is being cautious, after all he refuse to fail his son the way Papa failed him. but time will tell.   On a nicer note I do wish I had me some of that ink they used to freeze folks it would sure come in handy right about now.  I know a few people I'd like to slow down so I can do what I want to do. Lol!!!

#13 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Of all the people on that Island trying to save Henry, Neal knows it the best and he got so wrapped up in his resentment of Gold that he put both himself and Henry at further risk. He didn't need to commit to trusting Gold full time.  He only needed to do it for the short term.  He behaved really stupidly and I think the writers screwed the pooch on him because given his background in Neverland, he should never have tried the forest by himself.  It was just plain dumb.
Posted Image

#14 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

So I'm kind of tired of Neverland and Pan all ready. I like the actor playing Pan, but so far the writers have told us that Pan's a big threat, but they haven't really given us any evidence of that. Yes, he's good at manipulation but so are a lot of the characters on this show. Does he have a lot of dark magic? Is he unkillable as well as immortal? What makes him a big threat aside from the fact that he has a lot of Lost Boys that have poisonous weapons and he can manipulate people?

Yeah, Neal was pretty dumb this episode. First, after he knocked that Lost Boy out, why didn't he tie him up? He had the rope for it. Would have been the smart thing to do. Also, when he and Rumple had Pan immobilized, why not kill him? We've heard in every episode that Pan is a monster and the Worst Villain Ever so why leave him alive? I can see why Neal wouldn't want to murder him, but you'd think Rumple would have suggested it. And yes, Neal has every reason not to trust Rumple since Rumple has always let him down and pretty much always gives in to his darker urges. But why not side with him for now instead of going out on his own? It seemed like a stupid contrivance just to get Neal and Henry captured by Pan.

Also, why did Henry hear the music at the end? Yeah, Pan reminded him that he lost his dad, but Henry still knew that Emma, Regina, Snow, and Charming were going to be coming for him. It was just a poorly done scene.

Interesting that Rumple and Pan knew each other as kids. Wonder what kind of backstory they have? Pan as the Piper makes sense, though if he can leave Neverland why doesn't he? Is it because that's his base of power?

Neal calling the giant squid was pretty cool. At first I thought he was calling on the mermaids. I like that they used the squid ink again. A nice little call-back.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#15 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Interesting that Rumple and Pan knew each other as kids.
    There's some spec around the 'net that they were brothers. Peter took off for Neverland when  their dad left while cowardly Rumple was afraid to take the leap (as happened later with Bae).  It would explain why Pan had the doll Rumple's father gave him and both know its significance.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#16 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

There's some spec around the 'net that they were brothers. Peter took off for Neverland when  their dad left while cowardly Rumple was afraid to take the leap (as happened later with Bae).  It would explain why Pan had the doll Rumple's father gave him and both know its significance.

Interesting. I never would have thought that they might have been brothers. That would be a good twist to the plot.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#17 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

^^There has been this soap operatic tendency on OUAT to have everybody be everybody else's kin, if not biological then by marriage or adoption. And because of all the non-aging realms and conditions, you get these weird mismatches between chronological and physical age. Hook is essentially Bae's step-father (pirates probably don't get formally married to their lasses but Hook sincerely loved Milah.) Yet it looks like he and grown-up Bae/Neal may be rivals for Emma.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#18 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostCardie, on 22 October 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

Interesting that Rumple and Pan knew each other as kids.

Oh that is the perfect theory!  There was something implied between the lines that I couldn't quite put my finger on, and that would explain all of it!

Thank you!  :D

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0, Neverland

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users