Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: Good Form

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0 Neverland

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Spoilers

We learn the origin of Captain Hook.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

This is the best episode of this season [so far].  It was fast paced, it was a good origin story, and it added another layer to the character of Cpt. Hook.  I loved this episode.  I really think it was one of the best of the series.  

The King's betrayal, as the raison d'être for Hook's becoming a pirate, was a little thin, but it'll work.  

And, it will be interesting to see how David gets off the Island now that he has been saved.

I know I should not like the fact that Emma and Regina went so far to get a message to Henry, But I guess the mother in me just understands doing anything you have to in order to save a child.  Plus, I just don't think that Emma heart could go black like Snow's did.  Snow is an idealist, and everything is black and white.  One evil act and she would believe she was evil.  Emma is a pragmatist, NOT an idealist.  One act, in order to save her child, won't doom her.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#3 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

well it will be nice to see, coz i have NEver viewed this Hook role well, never understood what the hell they(writers) are doing with him, he is SO different from any concept i could ever have of a Hook, so it will be good to see 'what the hell are you doing' with this role
;)
also been wondering 'why the hell you even have him in there', not much utilizing...
I'll check it tomorrow on the online replay
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

But why is the rum gone!?!  :piratebuds:

Ahem, sorry.  :look: :whistle:

So, the magic of neverland is powered by the fountain of youth, interesting.  That makes a lot of sense actually.

I loved Regina's face when Snow and Charming had their reunion kiss.  :howling:

Snow:  I'm not complaining ...

Emma:  Well I'm complaining! :lol:

But Regina's face was just priceless, LOL!  :howling:

Big question though, who is being kept in the other basket / cage next to Neal?  Was Rumple captured?  Or is it Tink?  Or someone else entirely?!?  :oh:

Also, one more thing.  Hook said: "As you wish".  :spew:

SFG :pirateship:

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 28 October 2013 - 05:46 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Regina did have a couple of great lines in this one, I loved the sleeping potion line and "I don't do rum." and it's nice to see her having a part to part in the storyline. Peter Pan is a weak villain though and they've certainly made Hook a sympathic character.

Edited by DWF, 28 October 2013 - 09:15 PM.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#6 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

^Yep, those were good lines. :lol:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 28 October 2013 - 09:55 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#7 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

I will agree this was the best episode yet of this season,  Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

We've gotten my Mother interested in Once Upon A Time and she has developed quite a case of the hots for Hook.  I have a feeling we'll be talking about nothing else but this episode when I go over on Saturday.  :lol:

It was a really good episode, though, and turned Hook into more of a sympathetic character, which was inevitable.  I really liked how he freaked out over using the poison on enemies-- a very topical reference, given recent events related to chemical weapons.

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 28 October 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

SFG :pirateship:
I love this.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#9 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

^ ;)

This combo is ominous:
:pirateship:   :boat:

And for good measure:

:pirate2: :piratetoast: :piratebuds:

SFG :lol:

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#10 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

I was also wondering what kingdom it was that Hook came from, and what war his people were fighting.  I'm guessing it was not the ogre wars, or I doubt he would have been quite as concerned about the potential of genocide.  But here's a thought:  What if it was the war against the giants?  Hook has been shown to have plenty of knowledge of magic beans in the past.  And we know that the giants were pretty much wiped out in their war.  And I'm pretty sure they said that the "hero" in that war (Jack the Giant Slayer) used a poisoned sword in order to wipe them out.  As a matter of fact, I think it was even Hook who mentioned that!  :eek:

So, what if that king managed to get hold of a poison of some sort after all?

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 01 November 2013 - 11:14 PM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#11 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

Afterthought:  Hook burned the Pegasus sail, to prevent anyone from getting back to Neverland, but we know he spent many years there.  And if he got back there, others could too, whether by magic beans or some other way.  So the king probably really did get his dreamshade, one way or another.

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#12 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

Cool theory, SFG!
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#13 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:24 PM

Well with no beanstocks around I'd hazzard to guess that was the reason for telling us about the pegasus sail, It would explain why Hook isn't too worried about reparing the ship.

#14 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 01 November 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

This combo is ominous:
:pirateship:   :boat:  
Indeed.  :lol:

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 01 November 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

But here's a thought:  What if it was the war against the giants?  
That would be cool.  I'd like to see more giants.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#15 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 29 October 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

We've gotten my Mother interested in Once Upon A Time and she has developed quite a case of the hots for Hook.  I have a feeling we'll be talking about nothing else but this episode when I go over on Saturday.  :lol:

Try showing your mother this adorable picture, on set with a fan: :D

Colin O’Donoghue with a fan on the sets of Once Upon a Time - tumblr_mvim7zJI1C1qdkyqio1_500.png

Awwwwwww!  :love: :love: :love:

SFG :)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#16 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

Aw, that's awesome.  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0, Neverland

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users