Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: Ariel

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0 Neverland

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

Spoilers

The gang meets a little mermaid.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

Sweet. I'm looking forward to this.  I love Ariel.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

She's okay, I guess, a little simply to get played by Regina so easily,  I want to know what the deal is between the other mermaid and Regina.  She looks wicked.  Glad Neil is back with the gang.   it is about time and that finally Regina and Gold are working together to get maybe now they all can go back to storybook because I am bored with neverland

#4 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

Well, Ariel is a true innocent and very unlike the Neverland mermaids so I can't fault her for trusting Regina.  

Who  was masquerading as Ursula, a legendary/mythical creature who had given mermaids the gift of legs every...I forget how often High tide? So you can't blame Ariel for being too trusting.Once Ariel knew the truth of how she was tricked she did the right thing and helped Snow/stabbed Regina.  (loved the real Ursula confronting Regina for her little deception.  Regina should not not to mess with a goddess)

Really hated Regina for taking Ariel's voice out of spite so that at least one person wouldn't get their Happily Ever After
Regina: The only thing worse about telling your prince how you feel and rejecting you is... never telling him at all. Never knowing. Never even having... a chance at true love. That's right, dear. He's gone. Time to swim back home... little mermaid.

But glad that Ariel will be taking us back to Storybrooke.  I've really missed Storybrooke and its citizens more than I thought possible.  And maybe Eric is really there.  Because I'm not sure I can forgive Regina for playing Ariel again.

The confessions that were revealed in the echo cave....I expected those made by Snow and Charming but Hook...that was so romantic!

Still want to know who's in the other crate!!

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#5 innocentone

innocentone

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

Well we know Bae was in one and Gold I wonder if Henry is in there.  it has to be someone we know. It seems to be picking up again. I just hope they get back to storybrook so we can see what is happening with the others.

#6 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Theory was that maybe Gold had been captured but we see not.  

Henry is out and about  so not him.

But it does have to be someone we know the story of, if not already met.

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#7 innocentone

innocentone

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

I know he is gone on but I am sort of hoping Pinocchio will come back.  His story ended to fast.  I know they have to find a way for Charming to leave the island after all they been through he can not return with snow to storybrook. :crybaby:

#8 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

Leading speculation, based on guest star info for upcoming episodes, for the occupant of the second cage is
Spoiler

Nothing succeeds like excess.

#9 Raijin

Raijin
  • Islander
  • 477 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

That scene with Pan preparing Rumple's 'favourite breakfast'... Don't tell me Pan is his father.

#10 innocentone

innocentone

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

No that is impossible, isn't it.  But then again this is never land so anything is possible.  Oh and  Cardie don't pop me in the mouth but who the heck is
Spoiler
?   :innocent:

Edited by EChatty, 04 November 2013 - 03:07 PM.
Add spoiler tags

#11 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

OMG, innocentone, somebody who really doesn't know the story of Peter Pan! !  BTW, somebody needs to put part of post 10 in spoilers...
Cats will never be extinct!

#12 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

innocentone
Spoiler

#13 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

The ep. felt like a step backwards both Regina and Gold acted like two dimensional villains and Ariel's storyline was rather predictable and yes Regina took her voice but then that's normal for her at the time. I wondered where Ariel and Snow got their gowns for that matter, fairy godmothers are few and far between thanks to Rumpy. The release of the secrets was interesting it allowed the characters some freedom, it's a shame though that Gold and Regina were off playing their little game.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#14 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

"You went to a long dead octopus for advice and you're going to blame me for your problems?"

ReginaLogic FTW!

The scene where they revealed their secrets was beautifully done.  I feel SO BAD for Hook.
Posted Image

#15 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

View PostRaijin, on 04 November 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

That scene with Pan preparing Rumple's 'favourite breakfast'... Don't tell me Pan is his father.

I think he's either that or his brother.
Posted Image

#16 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:31 AM

Either way...and I think Pan is Rumple's brother....I'm interested in what actor they will get to play young Rumple in the backstory

#17 innocentone

innocentone

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

Thanks, somehow I had forgotten that part, Oops thanks for clearing that up.  Sorry about the missing spoiler.

#18 The Tyrant

The Tyrant

R.I.P. Martin Landau

• Islander
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

From the point where Regina saves Gold from Pan's shadow, all that went through my head was "Awww...Regina's learned to Force-choke. How cute." *snerk*

How come we have Yoda smilies but no Vader ones?
Hope springs eternal, and is eternally dashed

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Which is a problem....
if you're powerless." - Drago Museveni

'God is a comedian playing to an audience afraid to laugh' - Voltaire

'It's in your nature to destroy yourselves.' - the Terminator, about Humanity.

"Who knew the divine was such a dissolute, horny drunk?  Although that would explain a hell of a lot about this series... " - Christopher, about Battlestar Galactica

#19 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

View PostBad Wolf, on 04 November 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

View PostRaijin, on 04 November 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

I think he's either that or his brother.

Father was my first thought a few weeks ago, with something Rumple said (I'll look for the quote in a bit, I think it's an important one), but that can't be.  Rumple's father is supposed to be the ultimate coward, and that doesn't seem to be Pan.  Then Cardie mentioned the brother theory, and that made way more sense.

But now I'm working on a very different theory.  Did anyone catch what Rumple said in this one?  Twice he said that the only way to kill Pan was for him (Rumple) to die.  Not that he would die trying, but that the only way to succeed is for Rumple to die.  As in, if you kill Rumple, Pan will die and vise versa!  :eek:

New theory:  Rumple and Pan were / are the same person.  Maybe when his father left, the trauma (plus some magic) split him in two.  The part that feared becoming his father split off as Pan, and refused to grow up.  :oh:  And the part that was simply hurt by his father, the victim, remained as Rumple.  Or, alternately, the side with darkness and evil became Pan, and the side with good became Rumple.  That sounds a little odd at first, but think about it:  before Rumple became the dark one, he was only ever good and kind.  He was weak and easily hurt, but maybe that is what happens when half of your personality has been removed?  :think:  Anyway, it would explain how Pan seems to know everything about Rumple, his father, etc.

One more thing.  If the only way to kill Pan is for Rumple to die, I think that is why he brought the Dark One dagger to neverland!  :eek:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#20 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

Spoilers have leaked as to Pan's relationship to Rumple.  
Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0, Neverland

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users