#1 Mooky

Mooky

Self-REbanned

• Islander
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

I installed Stardock Fences.  I got this:

[attachment=27551:FSError.jpg]

I click OK to terminate...still there. I uninstall Fences using Revo Uninstaller Pro...still there.  Reboot..still there.  Scratch my head...still there.  Take a leak...still there.Pet my monkey....still there.Tokyo Sandblaster...still there.  It's like herpes.  I can't get rid of it.

Srsly, do I need to edit my Registry er sumthin'?

#2 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

What version of Windows?  In Windows 7, you can run msconfig and check the startup tab to see if fences.exe is maybe stuck in there?  If it comes back after you reboot, it would almost have to be, I think?  (EDIT: Actually, duh, just went and checked my own PC, and it does show up there as expected when installed successfully, anyway.)

Edited by Niko, 15 November 2013 - 08:39 PM.

- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#3 Mooky

Mooky

Self-REbanned

• Islander
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

Yet another problem I managed to solve myself, but if I didn't see your post I probably wouldn't a thought of downloading and trying CCleaner, which I thought of after look in the MSConfig startup tab, so you did help. Thanks. ;)

Anyway, my currently installed OS is the OEM version of Windows XP Pro w/ SP3 that came with my Dell Optiplex 755 small form factor PC.  Kinda ironic that I would be using a PC designed for business since I've never had a job.

#4 Darkside_1

Darkside_1

Your friendly Neighborhood Moderator.

• 3,091 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

I personally have not had any issues with Stardock Fences at all on any of my systems.  I've ran it on XP Pro SP3 OEM version, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, Windows 7 64 bit and Win 8/8.1 64 bit and never had any problems.  You may have had some other software issues outside of Stardock that could have affected the installation.

"Harry S. Truman said that he felt like a bale of hay fell on him.

I feel like I got the whole damn barn."

Darren "Condor" McGavin - "By Dawn's Early Light"

HBO TV Movie - 1990

*** (Click here to view my signature) ***

Posted Image

"A pound of supplies taken from your enemy is worth 10 pounds of your own supplies"
Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users