• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mooky

Mooky

Self-REbanned

• Islander
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

I haven't been able to watch videos on YouTube since yesterday.

#2 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

erm, been watching a lot O the you of the tube, e tu brutè ............... 1612 the russian movie on the time of troubles and invasions is loaded up on there now, all 2 and 1/2 hr of it eh
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

It's working for me, at the moment anyway.

What do you see when you try to view one?  Have you tried different browsers?  Clearing cookies?

Or maybe only certain videos are broken, try posting a link to one that won't play for you and I'll try it.

Just throwing out guesses here.  :)

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 29 November 2013 - 06:40 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Or did they fix it already?

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

Here's a test embed of a video that works for me.  Can you see this one?

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 29 November 2013 - 09:46 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 Mooky

Mooky

Self-REbanned

• Islander
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Didn't work for me.  Tried a few others...nothing.  Then, clicked on the lego movie trailer...it  played straight thru.

I'm currently running Firefox 25 and the FF version of the Flash plugin (11.9 900.152) on Windows XP Pro.  I have a NetGear  6200 DSL modem.  My max. d\l speed is 1.5Mbps.  No problems playing videos on other sites.

Edited by Datalyss, 29 November 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

Did you try clearing cookies, or an alternate browser?

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

You could also try unplugging your router for a minute, and then plugging it back in.

Still not sure what's causing it though.

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 01 December 2013 - 05:19 PM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 Mooky

Mooky

Self-REbanned

• Islander
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

Sorry for the  late reply, but I just got around to trying in IE8...no luck. The modem  reset didn't work either.  

Anyway, I'm planning to upgrade to Windows 8.1 soon.  That might help.  And no, it's not like I'm going straight from XP to 8.1.  I have used Windows 7 Home Premium for almost 4 years.

#10 Mooky

Mooky

Self-REbanned

• Islander
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

Musta been a Flash problem.  I re-installed the plugin.. videos are playing w/o problems.

#11 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

^ Cool!  :)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users