• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rhys

Rhys

... a learning experience.

• Islander
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

I've started re-watching my old B5 DVDs, and it seems that my BluRay player (a Samsung) doesn't like the menus... I get no visual on the menu screens beyond the first one. The menus still work, and if I want to make sure I'm navigating properly, I just need to pop it into my computer, and make sure I know the sequence of buttons to press. So, ultimately, I can work around it, but I'm curious: Is this a general issue with (older) DVDs in BluRay players, or is it something that's specific to my player?
"It's easy to bond over hating something together - The Internet is total proof of that." Cyd/Codex, The Guild

Change the world!  No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.

#2 JudasRimmer

JudasRimmer

Emperor of Incompetence

• Islander
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

Have you tried googling for "your model number + dvd menu errors" or similar? Is there nothing on the samsung website about known issues?

Dave.

#3 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hmmm, it took me a couple episodes to notice that DVD 30 Rock was starting several seconds in on the Sony BluRay player.  Easy to work around, but puzzling all the same.  More annoying, though, is that no matter where I stop, when I start up again later, it doesn't go resume where I stopped, but starts over again, and in PLay All instead of Episode Selection.  That is a pain and a half.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#4 AaronRic

AaronRic
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

Ive got a DVD that will play on my PS3 and a Samsung Blu-Ray player, but wont play on a Mac or PC. It is not a Blu-Ray disc.

Any ideas?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users