Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: The New Neverland

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0 Neverland

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

Spoilers

The happy return of Henry to Storybrooke is disrupted by Pan.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,771 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

I'm very happy we're getting back to Storybrooke again.  I hope they don't abandon that setting for so long ever again.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#3 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:58 AM

I hear you, I am also praying we don't have to return to never land.  I am shock that now they are portraying Regina as a gullible fool.  Regina I think not.  to be tricked by the suppose Henry/Pan  I didn't fall for that one bit.  However the real reunion of Pan/Henry was beautiful on the outskirts of Story Brook.  and now back to town.  What was the purpose of bringing in the medusa portion to this particular storyline.  are they going to some how use the stone head of Medusa to freeze Pan forever.  I would think once Medusa turned herself into stone looking in the mirror that her rein of terror was over. or was it.  I forget this is story brook, land of magic Lol!!

Edited by innocentone, 09 December 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#4 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

I think the whole Medusa thing was to show how crazed Snow got wanting to protect her future children from Regina's threat.  Worrying about the threat letting you not enjoy the present.  (after all, Snow was on her honeymoon and not enjoying it)  But the Enchanted Story part just seemed unnecessary this time to me.

As for Regina....I think Pan played her.  He knows she has magic and that book of Fairytales gave him the idea about the vault.  

Regina is still vulnerable and Pan/Henry took advantage.  Henry had been angry with her and not wanted much to do with her and suddenly "Henry" wanted to spend time with her. She wanted this so much that I think she got sort of stupid.  

Though I am a bit confused as to why Pan turned the Shadow loose in Storybrooke and let them know 'hey, who's really in that box?' Nothing like snatching the Blue Fairy's soul to get everybody on high alert.  I know the intention was to get Regina to take "Henry' to the vault for safety but Pan controls the Shadow and how can he do so from Pandora's Box?  I guess Pan only needed a short time while all were confused to do his thing?

I really like Robbie Kay's portrayal of Henry/ Pan because I really heard Henry's voice (tone?) coming from him.  Just the way he said Mom was so Henry.  Not getting the Pan vibe as much from Henry's actor but maybe because he's not as experienced?

eta---Loved the reunion of the Darlings but when the one brother said that now they could go home.....what home is that?  A lot of years have passed and I'm sure their parents have long since died.   :unsure:

Edited by Tricia, 09 December 2013 - 10:28 AM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#5 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

The Medusa thing felt like filler.  We already KNOW that Snow would do anything, including locking her baby up in a magic cupboard and sending her through a dimension portal, to protect her.  It was a waste of time that could and should have been spent on on Henry/Pan/Regina/Emma.  And now, we've got yet ANOTHER threat to StoryBrooke's existence.

Wasn't that last season's cliffhanger?
Posted Image

#6 innocentone

innocentone

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

That is true, now that I think of it, exactly what home will the darlings be returning too.  Also I was under the impression that once one enter storybook you can not leave with out loosing your memory.  unless that curse was also lifted and I just forgot.  It was a good episode  I wonder if Regina is going to be fooled again.  Hum?

Edited by innocentone, 09 December 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#7 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

I think that the losing one's memory problem is just for those who were brought there by the original curse.  But I might be remembering wrong :unsure:

And yes, the whole Enchanted Forest thing felt like filler.  In fact, that was a lot of complaint about that in reviews.  

I didn't really learn anything new about the Snow and Charming relationship or Regina this time but at this point can we really learn much new about them that wouldn't involve re-writing their stories?  New stories or more details of other/new characters or the current groups relationships with the newbies would be better.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,771 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

The Darlings have been around for a hundred years, so they probably just still own their house.  How they explain their age, I don't know.  Maybe they pass themselves off as their own children.

I have a feeling that Pan's plan is going to go wrong.  The curse didn't just change everybody's memories.  It moved them to a fabricated town in another dimension and gave them new identities.  So what happens if you use the curse on a Storybrooke that already exists?  Does it restore those alternate identities?  Or does it send everybody to yet another dimension with yet another set of false memories?  Maybe everybody will wake up in Oz in the second half of the season.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#9 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

^ Do NOT say that! :p~
Posted Image

#10 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

It was nice seeing Ariel again, I also liked the scene of Belle tying Gold's tie they look more like a married couple now and I really liked how Snow included Regina in on the celebrations this time as opposed to how she was left out things last season. Jared Gilmore's version of an evil Henry was more interesting than seeing Pan in his own body. And I don't think the Medusa storyline was all filler, now Snow and Charming can start on a family and there's a parallel now that they want to have more children in Storybrooke and with Ginnifer's real life pregnancy they write in into the show now.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#11 innocentone

innocentone

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

Wait, don't laugh okay but with all this time travel and curses and all.  I am under the impression that Charming and Snow are a bit to old to be starting a family.   I think they should take a page out of Regina's book and adopt. Lol!!!

#12 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

Since time stood still
(and no one aged) until Emma came to Storybrooke, Snow and Charming are only two years older than the day Emma was born. Plenty of time to have more babies.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#13 innocentone

innocentone

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

I believe you are right Cardie, as I said with all the time trave,l and freezing, and century jumps anything is possible.  Imagine getting married, having a child, two days later sending said child through a wardrobe and then your very existence is cursed and your in a land where you have no memory, then in two day the child is your age and then you find out you are a Grandma and your worse enemy adopted your grandchild.  That is enough to cause me to fall in love with a bottle of Jack Daniels in this case Cardie yeah they do deserve to start a new family.  But with this new threat from Pa will they even get to see this child grow up?  :freakingout:

Edited by innocentone, 11 December 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#14 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,771 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

They've never really addressed how old these people must feel, though.  They do remember all those years.

View PostBad Wolf, on 09 December 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

^ Do NOT say that! :p~  
Aw, c'mon.  I would love that.  :lol:

#15 innocentone

innocentone

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

:smirk:

Edited by innocentone, 11 December 2013 - 08:33 PM.

#16 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostTricia, on 09 December 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

I didn't really learn anything new about the Snow and Charming relationship or Regina this time but at this point can we really learn much new about them that wouldn't involve re-writing their stories?  New stories or more details of other/new characters or the current groups relationships with the newbies would be better.

I assume part of it was to also draw parallels between Snow and Emma experiences in this episode. I like the bonding scene between Charming and Emma, we don't often see those two bonding alone.
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#17 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

The thing that bugged me was, why did Henry (in the body of Pan) speak with Pan's British accent?  How could he possibly think he could convince his family or anyone that he was Henry, when he still spoke like Peter Pan?

I get that the others still needed a reason to doubt that he was Henry, but surely if Pan was tricking them and pretending to be Henry, he could have faked Henry's accent as well.  That would be far more likely than Henry suddenly sounding like a Brit just because of a body swap.  Could the actor not do an American accent or something?

I agree that the actor is excellent, and did Henry's facial expressions and voice mannerisms perfectly, but the accent thing spoiled it for me a little.  Oh well.

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#18 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

I didn't think Jared Gilmore was using a British accent, he sounded like Henry to me maybe he slipped in and out depending who he was tlaking to by all I heard was Henry's normal voice.

#19 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

They had both actors use their natural accents despite the switch. Pan, of course, had to do Henry's accent in order to perpetrate his deception. Henry-in-Pan should also have had an American accent; it's not like your body determines your accent.  I am assuming that Robbie Kay could not do a convincing American accent.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#20 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,771 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

I wondered about the accent, too.  If he couldn't do it, they should have dubbed it in.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0, Neverland

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users