Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

May I assume that's a "NO" then?

#3 Mooky

Mooky

Self-REbanned

• Islander
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

I guess it doesn't really matter.  Judging from what I've read, Windows 8/8.1 is too buggy to right now to justify paying 120 bucks for it.

Since Micro$oft has allegedly already finished Windows 9, and said it works great,  maybe they should just release that...first as a fully functional free preview version; then at the same price as 8.1 on DVD.

Edited by Datalyss, 16 December 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#4 Rhys

Rhys

... a learning experience.

• Islander
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

I have it on a laptop... It's fine, but I really only use my computer for Internet stuff, a bit of word processing (etc), and a handful of simple games, so just about any OS would do. I wouldn't pay money to upgrade from 7 to 8, at least at this point. (Although I haven't noticed any bugs in particular.)

Win 8 does boot up really fast...
"It's easy to bond over hating something together - The Internet is total proof of that." Cyd/Codex, The Guild

Change the world!  No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.

#5 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

oh yer jus not getting the luv with ot or over here yeah? ;) I waited on this one, coz I'm not really yer pidgeon, what? coz I would say 'I dont but I was but not' , what? I mean, I got really good with the win8 on desktop at work but then I'm not there now, so back to xp pro; but I do still remember the win8 fondly, set up everything, nice custom desktop to make everything convenient to get to; but my reply was inhibited coz I saw no question beyong DO You have this? and I really dont now; yer best pidgeon would be someone who bought, and I cant buy anything, a new desktop with the win8 and use it every day and could answer in depth question which I assumed would follow, about running videos in the new Email app, or like those people who use the social newest every day like air to breath and that's not me; so I waited; I guess you really dont get a good pidgeon for you question; but I did like the win8 on the desktop.
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#6 Zanthra

Zanthra
  • Islander
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

I have been running Windows 8 and 8.1 for some time now.  I have one computer running 2 OpenSUsE, one FreeBSD, one Windows 7, and one Windows XP virtual machines on Client Hyper-V, and I like it a lot more than VMware.

I have had no problems with Windows 8 since it was released.  Everything works just like Windows 7 besides some changes to some lower level features, which are improvements for the most part.  I really like the .vhdx Virtual Hard Disks, and have been doing some fun stuff with them lately.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users