Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Winter Weather 2013/14 - stay warm and safe everyone!

weather winter snow check-in check in

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

Better tuck in everybody, this storm is a big one!  :eek:

It won't be bad in my area until Saturday afternoon or evening, but some of you are already in the thick of it.

We're supposed to get 8-12 inches here, and right now it is 11 ºF.  Stay warm and safe people!  :hugs:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

It's started earlier than I thought, and now it's 7 ºF.  :oh:
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

I think it got up to 10ºF today, and there's an inch or two on the ground.  The worst is supposed to come through overnight.

Where I am in the mountains, I could get up to a foot of snow.  Places like NYC, NJ, and Philly are supposed to snow at first, then change to rain overnight.  Boston will get snow, then rain overnight, then snow again in the morning!  :huh2:  (That sounds messy!)

:hugs:  (((((((((Everyone)))))))))  :hugs:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

It's a bit messy out...Mom cleared the walkway without much trouble.  It's 37 degrees out and it's a bit of a rain/snow mix.  Stayin' in and stayin' warm.
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#5 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,369 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

Yeah, it's snowing and not fun.  But the roads aren't too bad.  Supposed to snow all night so we'll see.

Edited by Mary Rose, 14 December 2013 - 10:53 PM.

Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

#6 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

Looks like 8 inches of the stuff so far, and the road is completely white.

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#7 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:54 AM

Nothing going on right now...just bone chilling cold.

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:24 AM

Definitely at least a foot here, some places got more.  And it is still snowing this morning.

SFG

edit, also it's 16ºF.  warming up!  ;)

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 15 December 2013 - 08:25 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,488 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

It was supposed to start here at about 5pm-- it actually started before 2oclock.  It was bitterly cold, down in the teens, and windy, so the chill creeped into the house.  However, by this morning it had warmed up into the 30s and the snow changed to rain about 7am.  I think we probably got about six inches, but I'm not sure.  The temps dropped again after noontime, though, and we got some freezing.  Shoveling was difficult.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#10 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

Well it sure is pretty out there, with the full moon on all that fresh snow! :)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#11 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

It was 28ºF this morning, and now it's -3ºF.  :eek3:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#12 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

We're due for a dusting overnight...supposedly just an inch.

#13 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

Well, it's all the way up to +3ºF!  And, it's snowing.  :rolleyes:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#14 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

The weather here is not frightful, but the song keeps going through my head anyway.   :oh:   Stay safe and warm, everybody!   :waves:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#15 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,488 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

It got down to zero this morning, and only made it up to the low 20s. It's been snowing fairly heavily most of the day and we got a pretty good accumulation.  It's still flurrying heavily now.  Big flakes, swirling around.  It's pretty.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#16 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

Yep, snowed here most of today too, at least 4 more inches.

And a friend said it was -12ºF at her house this morning.  :eek:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#17 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,488 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

It stopped snowing at some point overnight and it got up to a little over freezing today.  Cleaning off the car wasn't too much of a hassle.

#18 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

It'll be really messy here in the next several days.  First, the temps will go up, then we'll have rain, then the temps will drop and then snow again.

#19 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

We got about 6 inches of snow last night/this morning, but the bad stuff is here now, and it's not more snow. It's down to about 3 degrees with 20mph winds, and the expected lows by 6am Monday, will be around -17 degrees. I have a feeling morning chores are going to be a bit chilly. :lol:
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#20 Rhys

Rhys

... a learning experience.

• Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

Got caught in the Toronto blackout... Took the wife & kids to a hotel last night... hope we have power back today!
"It's easy to bond over hating something together - The Internet is total proof of that." Cyd/Codex, The Guild

Change the world!  No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weather, winter, snow, check-in, check in

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users