Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: Going Home

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0 Neverland

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

Spoilers

In the winter finale, the race is on to stop Pan from enacting the curse.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

I truly hope that Gold in not gone, the show would not be the same without him.  I hope from what I just saw that Pan is truly gone.  I still have a 1/2 hour left to watch.  But so far it is getting good. for the winter break. Okay that was interesting.  I have to saw no offense to any one, But I loved he end when Emma connected hook in his hook,  What a little surprise that was.    Did they really say this was coming back in March please tell me I heard wrong..

Edited by innocentone, 15 December 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#3 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

Yep, the show won't be back til March but what a way to go out, this was a very emotional ep. and I loved how Regina finally got some redemption. So glad the overwrought Peter Pan arc had such a powerful finish.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

Wow, what an emotional rollercoaster!!  A multiple tearjerker, and then I laughed so hard at  the ending!  :howling:

And then MARCH?!?  MARCH?!? :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 16 December 2013 - 01:51 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:07 AM

At least when OUAT comes back the last half of the season should not have any interruptions or reruns

Lots of tears and some cheers....

The resurrection of Blue Fairy once the Shadow is defeated but even more important  Tink found her courage and magic and got her wings back!

Really loved that Emma was given new memories of Henry's birth and just plain new memories that did not include Storybrooke and all that happened there.

But Gold!!  I shed tears over those scenes

Was not sure who was at the door in Emma's New York apartment and happy to see Hook and yes, I laughed when Emma kneed him

March!! I can't wait!!

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#6 innocentone

innocentone

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

I hope I can wait that long.  I wonder now what new problem they came into when they all returned back to the enchanted forest.  Oh yeah and one more thing to throw at you lovely folks,  if Regina said they would all go back t they normal lives as if nothing happen an that hey would not remember anything right, okay so how come Hook remembers everything. I think they did  boo boo  :confused:

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

OMG you guys, I just noticed something!  I can't find a screencap though, so I'll have to make one.  I'll show you in a bit!  ;)

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

I really am not sure of why Neal did not go with Emma and Henry.  

The only one who would be left behind was Henry because he was born in this world.  As long as she left before the Curse arrived, Emma could go.  By that reasoning so could Neal, Henry's father.  Neal's father is dead (or seems to be) so there is nothing to stop him from being with his son.  But he stayed behind to be swept away to the Enchanted Forest.

Did I miss an explanation of that? because when I thought about this I was really puzzled

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#9 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

View Postinnocentone, on 16 December 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Oh yeah and one more thing to throw at you lovely folks,  if Regina said they would all go back t they normal lives as if nothing happen an that hey would not remember anything right, okay so how come Hook remembers everything. I think they did  boo boo  :confused:

A couple guesses: 1) everyone who was included in the original curse loses the new memories when it is reversed. Hook was not part of the original curse, remember he sailed to storybrook. He could also cross the town line without losing his memories, and the curse never gave him any new memories. So: maybe the new curse/reversal only transported him without affecting his memory?

There are other possibilities too, like maybe the effects weren't quite as predictable as Regina thought, or maybe they found a loophole or some way to get their memories back.

Question: if everyone goes back to where they were with no knowledge of what happened to them (or that anything happened at all), how will they explain baby Emma vanishing?  That alone would be enough to start them on a search to find out what happened.

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#10 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

Is Regina going to forget her sacrifice?  What a waste if she just goes back to being evil.  I like Regina.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#11 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

I also loved how the Blue Fairy's legs were crossed in her casket.

As for Regina,
Spoiler

#12 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostTricia, on 16 December 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

I really am not sure of why Neal did not go with Emma and Henry.  

The only one who would be left behind was Henry because he was born in this world.  As long as she left before the Curse arrived, Emma could go.  By that reasoning so could Neal, Henry's father.  Neal's father is dead (or seems to be) so there is nothing to stop him from being with his son.  But he stayed behind to be swept away to the Enchanted Forest.

Did I miss an explanation of that? because when I thought about this I was really puzzled

I wondered that too, as neither Neal nor Hook were actually brought here by the curse, they came by other means.  It seems like they should both have been able to leave town, along with Emma and Henry.  (Wouldn't that have been awkward, LOL!)  Except they still would have lost their memory, if Emma and Henry had to.

The only explanation that fits what happened though, is that anyone who was born in the enchanted forest (or any other land) would be sent back there when the town disappeared.

But no, that really wasn't explained. They must not have had time for an  explanation, with such an eventful episode.

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#13 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

The way I understood it, each person would go back to where they belonged, or where they were before the curse.  I'd expect Hook, and the Neverland gang to go back to Neverland, those from the Enchanted Forest to go back there, etc.  But, I might be too literal there.

As far as Emma and Neil, didn't Regina say that Emma could leave because she was the Savior?  Because, if not, Emma would go back to the Enchanted Forest too because she was born there.  Just as Neil would.  But, if Emma was 'special" because she was the Savior, then that would explain why Neil couldn't stay too.

Or, I might be over thinking this.  I do that ya know... :p

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#14 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 16 December 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

OMG you guys, I just noticed something!  I can't find a screencap though, so I'll have to make one.  I'll show you in a bit!  ;)

SFG

OK, enough teasing!  :p

Here are some pics of the very last scene.  Right after Emma knees Hook, as he falls backwards, the camera does a long shot.  Take a look at Hook's hands.  Yes, I said HANDS, as in two!  :eek:  (click for bigger)

Picture 906.png

Picture 910.png

Picture 913.png

Picture 915.png

Picture 920.png

You can clearly see stiff, gloved fingers where his hook used to be! It looks like Hook has finally gotten a prosthetic hand!  :clap:  (I wonder if Geppetto made him a wooden one? :think: )

SFG  :lol:

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#15 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostCait, on 16 December 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

The way I understood it, each person would go back to where they belonged, or where they were before the curse.  I'd expect Hook, and the Neverland gang to go back to Neverland, those from the Enchanted Forest to go back there, etc.  But, I might be too literal there.

As far as Emma and Neil, didn't Regina say that Emma could leave because she was the Savior?  Because, if not, Emma would go back to the Enchanted Forest too because she was born there.  Just as Neil would.  But, if Emma was 'special" because she was the Savior, then that would explain why Neil couldn't stay too.

But Emma was brought here by the curse, so undoing the curse would reverse that.  But Neil on the other hand was not, he was already here before the curse.  He got here by magic bean (before his side trip to neverland).

And Hook arrived after the curse, by ship.  Although thinking about it, you could say he would not have done so if the curse had never happened.  So did they change the whole timeline of events after the curse?  (I don't think I can even try figure that one out. :p )

Or, I might be over thinking this.  I do that ya know... :p

You're not the only one.  ;) :lol:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 16 December 2013 - 03:50 PM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#16 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

^^Okay I didn't catch that!

Yes, something was said by Regina about Emma having been the Savior and she'd done enough as such.  But I'd think Regina would want Henry to have both his parents...

or maybe it was easier to give only Henry and Emma happy new memories and making Neal fit into those memories would not be possible?  But then she gave new memories to all the Enchanted Forest folk....maybe it was the time factor as the new Curse was overtaking them?

Cait said--Or, I might be over thinking this.  I do that ya know... :p

You're not the only one.

I need to stop thinking about the logistics of giving folks new memories because it's giving me a headache LOL

BTW Hook trying true love's kiss on Emma did not work evidently

and did anyone else notice the traffic on the street behind our group in town....a black SUV...?  I wasn't sure if that meant something to the story (what I don't know) or that the director etc decided to just keep that shot instead of ordering another take

#17 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

Regina's counter-curse had only two definite characteristics: 1) It erased Storybrooke from existence. That is, it never existed at all, so no one was ever brought there by her curse, which also has now been wiped out. 2) Every person on earth except for Emma the Savior who was born in Fairy Tale Land will be whooshed back there. It doesn't seem to matter whether they were brought to our world because of the first curse. It's apparently retroactively impossible for anyone from FTL to travel to our land without magic. (Fans have pointed out that Cinderella's baby is probably going to be left in the middle of vanished Storybrooke, since she was born here, but the writers seem to have forgotten about that.)

It's not certain at all that those who return to the Enchanted Forest are going to forget everything that happened to them during the past 30 years. Emma was only going to forget what happened in Storybrooke but Regina gave her happy memories of having raised Henry from birth. Otherwise she'd just be sort of puzzled why they were together standing in the middle of rural Maine.

Nothing succeeds like excess.

#18 innocentone

innocentone

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:27 AM

I can not wait for it to come back, wicked witch of the East/West whatever.  But darn March why so long?   :shrug:

Edited by innocentone, 17 December 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#19 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hey, my guess was pretty close.  :lol:  Well, kinda close. Okay, maybe not close, but the word "Oz" is involved.

That was quite an ending, and set up for a new story.  I can't really think of it as a cliffhanger.  More like setting up a sequel.  I can't believe that Rumpy is gone for good.  He's too groovy to lose.  And I hope Storybrooke isn't gone for good. I consider it an integral part of the concept.

Judging from the previews, the Enchanted Forest Folk have not forgotten anything.  They seem to be standing around discussing their situation.

I wonder what the new dynamic will be like with both Regina and Rumpy pretty well redeemed.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#20 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

wow, what a difference- I like robbie kay as the evil villain much better; conquer, pillage, dash those dreams, crush to dust!

but seriously nothing is sacred on this show, especially in this season; they'll grab oh just any myth story and bend it, Medusa? but not just her, her home temple spot, but not off in Greece oh no just close by these storybrook people can just go there and do the mirror trick thing, for, what, for what? really?

and the black ferrie wand, with a Blu and a Green? Tink mixed up with some black ferrie?

and that body snatch switch stuff, I just cannot grip this stuff, too outlandish for my sense or mind; plus the whole thing with three generations close in age, what? the whole Emma and Snow stuff, and who is whose son or daughter or mum or papa? maybe Hook is the main one I can grip, but now he's off in forgotten land trying to get some magic? or am I just confused on that? hell even a straight line arc guy like him is confusing in this mess of connections and borrowing, this show should be called the Borrowers. who even knows what the whole Baelfire thing is anymore?

so i'll root for Emma and Regina, oh and prince charming.And Henry.(still think Hook and Emma should ship)
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0, Neverland

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users