Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: Going Home

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0 Neverland

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

View PostCardie, on 16 December 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Regina's counter-curse had only two definite characteristics: 1) It erased Storybrooke from existence. That is, it never existed at all, so no one was ever brought there by her curse, which also has now been wiped out. 2) Every person on earth except for Emma the Savior who was born in Fairy Tale Land will be whooshed back there. It doesn't seem to matter whether they were brought to our world because of the first curse. It's apparently retroactively impossible for anyone from FTL to travel to our land without magic. (Fans have pointed out that Cinderella's baby is probably going to be left in the middle of vanished Storybrooke, since she was born here, but the writers seem to have forgotten about that.)

Well there are two possibilities here that might explain the discrepancy.

Possibility number one, that since outsiders weren't able to easily enter Storybrooke it might be considered an extension (of sorts) of FTL, or something, that would allow a special exemption for Cinderella's baby.

And/or Possibility number two, that Storybrooke is a little bubble universe that possibly only left the FTL natives with memories.... Erasing Storybrooke from existence has undone things to the FTL natives, so Cinderella is now again 9 months pregnant about to give birth. That possibility also leaves the chance that some dead characters are alive again in FTL, with memories of Storybrooke up until their death. From the Sheriff to Gold. Though Pinocchio would likely 'remain' a kid (while he wasn't afflicted with the curse the first time around, apparently Pan, Neil, and probably Ariel and the Lost Boys, are affected. In this scenario does that mean Pinocchio will regain lost adult memories??? At least I assumed they were lost based on the atmosphere of that scene when he went back to being a boy...).

Hopefully for Cinderella's sake they aren't both true and she doesn't end up with the strangest origin story for identical twins ever ;) (there could be an argument for both being true being more inclusive... It has been a while since the curse was broken and time started again, we don't know everyone in town and someone could have conceived, and possibly even given birth, to a child since then. If things are 'completely undone' then Cinderella is still pregnant and any child conceive after time started again is lost to the ether.)

I also don't know what affect cancelling the curse would have on the non-FTL normal folk that have come into contact with Storybrooke. The kid and his father camping when Storybrook came into being (did they ever definitately show what happened to the Dad?). Neil's dead girlfriend. The Darlings.

ETA: Speaking of the Darlings... Where the heck do the Lost Boys "belong". FTL folk may 'belong' in FTL, but those lost boys come from all over. Even if we say all other 'universes'/'lands' besides Earth are FTL the shadow was taking kids from Earth too.... Unless the when Neil first met the Darlings wasn't on Earth, it just looked like it, but I am pretty sure the episode did specify England. So is the promise of giving the Lost Boys a home going to be broken, albeit unintentionally? Do they all go back to Neverland alone (or worse, with a revived Pan if Storybrooke events are undone). If the earthling Lost Boys do go back to where they belong *originally* is that not just in "space" but "time" as well? Some of them weren't 'stolen' from good homes like the Darlings one would presume and may prefer to stay with the Storybrooke folk. I doubt we'll have follow-up, but I could almost foresee a former Lost Boy wanting revenge for them cancelling the curse!

Edited by sierraleone, 18 December 2013 - 10:59 PM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#22 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

Apparently the writers think life begins with conception. They said on Twitter that Cinderella's baby will go back to FTL with her parents because she was conceived there.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#23 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

Well, when the Curse was created the first time, Cinderella was more than just a little bit pregnant....good grief I hurt just thinking about being stuck in the pregnant state she was for 28 years!

I had kind of assumed the baby would be brought back to FTL because Cinderella was so pregnant when they were transported to Storybrooke

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#24 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

I hate resets.
Posted Image

#25 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostBad Wolf, on 20 December 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

I hate resets.

I usually do to, but it felt like they made it mean something this time - if that make sense. I am sure I'll get a bit frustrated at a bit of ignorant Emma again in the Spring ;) But they didn't make me inwardly groan as soon as the reset happened, which is not easy ;)

- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#26 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

View Postsierraleone, on 20 December 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

View PostBad Wolf, on 20 December 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

I hate resets.

I usually do to, but it felt like they made it mean something this time - if that make sense. I am sure I'll get a bit frustrated at a bit of ignorant Emma again in the Spring ;) But they didn't make me inwardly groan as soon as the reset happened, which is not easy ;)

I agree.  This one just felt different.  I hope what follows doesn't disappoint that feeling.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#27 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

I don't tink it is a reset, the residents of Storybrooke have just returned to FTL with their memories intact and it appears as though they have a new common enemy.

Edited by DWF, 22 December 2013 - 07:59 AM.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#28 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

I am so glad that we are done with Pan and Neverland, hopefully forever. In theory an eleven episode arc of all the main characters on a quest to save Henry from Pan sounded fun, but it turned out to be tedious and soul-sucking. They kept mentioning how big of a threat Pan was, but we were never shown why. He didn't seem more magical than Rumple or Regina. So I'm glad he's dead and he better stay that way.

The rest of the episode was good. Some real tear-jerker moments in here. Rumple and Regina went a long ways to redeeming themselves. It was sad to see Storybrooke fade away. I really hope the town comes back in some shape. Same with Rumple.

Fingers crossed that Emma and Henry get their memories back in the first episode back, second at the latest. I don't want an eleven episode arc with their memories gone.

I'm hoping that the second half of the season is better than the first. From the preview it looks like it could be.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#29 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

I was about to scream when Pan finally shuffled off his not-so-mortal coil. I felt like although there was some real creativity in setting up the stories (Hook good, Pan bad, for instance - nothing like flipping the original story on its head), but the storyline was drawn out too long, IMO.

The end of the episode seems to suggest there'll be some action in the first episode of next season. Poor Hook. :p

Edited by Rhea, 21 December 2013 - 03:01 AM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#30 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:24 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 16 December 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

OK, enough teasing!  :p

Here are some pics of the very last scene.  Right after Emma knees Hook, as he falls backwards, the camera does a long shot.  Take a look at Hook's hands.  Yes, I said HANDS, as in two!  :eek:  (click for bigger)

You can clearly see stiff, gloved fingers where his hook used to be! It looks like Hook has finally gotten a prosthetic hand!  :clap:  (I wonder if Geppetto made him a wooden one? :think: )

SFG  :lol:
I guess the prosthetic hand is meant to show that Hook's quest for vengeance is now over. IIRC, after he lost his hand to Rumple, he put the hook on the stump and vowed vengeance. Plus the hook is what he used to stab Rumple with when he tried to kill him. So it appears that for Hook, the hook is linked to his quest for vengeance on Rumple, and now that that quest is over (because he's now allied with Rumple/Rumple appears to be dead), there's no reason for him to have the hook anymore. Other than stabbing Rumple with it, does anyone remember if the hook was ever really his primary weapon? Or did he tend to grab a sword or something more traditional with his remaining hand.

Or maybe he just figured that approaching a memory-wiped Emma with a giant hook on his hand would freak her out even more than the pirate attire, kiss, etc. :lol:

View PostCardie, on 16 December 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Regina's counter-curse had only two definite characteristics: 1) It erased Storybrooke from existence. That is, it never existed at all, so no one was ever brought there by her curse, which also has now been wiped out. 2) Every person on earth except for Emma the Savior who was born in Fairy Tale Land will be whooshed back there. It doesn't seem to matter whether they were brought to our world because of the first curse. It's apparently retroactively impossible for anyone from FTL to travel to our land without magic. (Fans have pointed out that Cinderella's baby is probably going to be left in the middle of vanished Storybrooke, since she was born here, but the writers seem to have forgotten about that.)
Yeah that was my interpretation of what happened. Absolutely everyone born (or conceived) in FTL is now back there, except for Emma the savior.

Though I'm also wondering: what was the geographical reach of the curse? Did it affect our entire world? Did other FTL denizens that weren't in Storybrooke at the time of the re-curse just suddenly get whooshed back to FTL as well? As we've seen with Hook and Neal, there are other ways that other random FTL denizens that we have not met on the show could have come to our world from FTL. Though since no one suggested that Hook and Neal cross the town line to avoid the curse, I guess it implies that it had a global effect; though it is possible that it just had a large enough (i.e. North America-wide) geographical effect that there just wasn't time for Hook and Neal to get far enough away. It's just kinda mind boggling to me that the curse (and the evil mist that goes with it) is powerful enough to circulate through the entire world and not just Storybrooke and the surrounding areas.

Edited by Raina, 22 December 2013 - 04:29 AM.

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#31 Raina

Raina

Cpt. Raina 'Starlee'

• Validation Team
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:26 AM

Whoops double post.

Edited by Raina, 26 December 2013 - 03:48 AM.

"First thing they tell you is to assume you're already dead... dead men don't get scared or freeze up under fire. Me, I'm just worried that hell's gonna be a lonely place. And I'm gonna fill it up with every toaster son of a bitch I find." -Racetrack

"I believe what goes around comes around and if I am the instrument of 'coming round' then I'll do it happily. " -Shal

Viper Squadron CAG
Roman Warrior
Browncoat

#32 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,951 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

Maybe Hook just found out that walking around in this world with a hook for a hand gets unwanted attention from the authorities.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#33 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

I thought it made him look sort of sexy :blush:

#34 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,951 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Apparently everything makes him look sexy.  My 72-year-old mother, 42-year-old sister, and 14-year-old niece are all obsessed with him.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.0, Neverland

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users