#1 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

Enjoy!  [more at the link..]

http://jdgroover.wor...awards-are-out/

Here Is The Glorious Winner:
1. When his .38 caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#2 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

Here Is The Glorious Winner:
1. When his .38 caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.

No wonder this guy had to rob others for a living, he was too stupid to hold a job.  Poetic justice?

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

I just read the rest of the list, and number 8 is the funniest!  :rolleyes:

8. As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, the police apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car and drove back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied, “Yes, officer, that’s her. That’s the lady I stole the purse from.”

SFG  :rolleyes:

edit to add quote

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 22 December 2013 - 10:25 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Elara

Elara

Feel the silence of the moonlight.

• Watchdog
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

Some of those are hilarious, :lol:  but they aren't all true Darwin Awards. Most could be listed as honorable mentions because the people lived, and the one where the guy killed the woman would not be accepted. The Darwin Awards is about natural selection, in some way being removed from the gene pool.

The Darwin Awards rules: http://www.darwinawards.com/rules/
The Darwin Awards site: http://www.darwinawards.com/
El
~ blue crystal glows, the dark side unseen, sparkles in scant light, from sun to planet, to me in between ~

I want a job in HRC's "shadow" cabinet. Good pay, really easy hours, lots of time off. Can't go wrong.

"You have a fair and valid point here. I've pointed out, numerous times, that the Left's or Democrats always cry "Racist" whenever someone disagrees with them. I failed to realize that the Right or Republicans do the same thing with "Liberal"." ~ LotS

#5 Rhys

Rhys

... a learning experience.

• Islander
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostElara, on 22 December 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

Some of those are hilarious, :lol:  but they aren't all true Darwin Awards. Most could be listed as honorable mentions because the people lived, and the one where the guy killed the woman would not be accepted. The Darwin Awards is about natural selection, in some way being removed from the gene pool.

They don't have to die, though - just remove themselves from the gene pool.
"It's easy to bond over hating something together - The Internet is total proof of that." Cyd/Codex, The Guild

Change the world!  No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humor, Darwin Awards, 2013

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users