#1 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

wow a post holiday return to typing in the ole OT,

December news from Asia affects USA,

Prime minister Abe visits the Yasukuni shrine: now on the one hand, just to me personally, what Japanese do for themselves in their own country is their thing and who am I or any Chinese to get upset? do they not visit their shrines to past family and friends, and service dead, gave lives for their country?

do not the UK, and French, and Americans, Canadians, Australians do that too? go to the cenotaph or the Unknown thing in the capitals and beaches and patriotic towns wherever those things are, and
have photos when they go?

I certainly know even if some others may not realize that the shrine does not just only contain
remembrance of war criminal guys, a couple score? but rather includes over two millions
of war dead, those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country no matter which politician was
deciding things at the time in rotation?
or maybe they realize but they just want to put their own agendas First?

ah so that's what it's all about
http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-25518137
:o
However, this BBC shows that there may be schema to the madness eh? goad the Chinese into new
postures to make excuse to go more right wing, to get rid of that peace constitution MacArthur put
on them and make something new and Japanese and for the new century of Japan?

that leads me to this piece, the helicopter destroyers and the moves toward a carrier that can handle VSTOL and STOL air power; F35 anyone?
as part of the new Japan defense spending:

http://www.fool.com/...-making-ch.aspx

Totally LUV the photos in this piece, but also, ' Small, right? But with each new iteration, Japan's helicopter destroyers are getting bigger. In August, Japan floated the new JS Izumo, the first of a planned two-ship production run that will add significant punching power to the Japanese fleet. Thirty-four percent larger than Hyuga, the Izumo and her sister ship (as yet unnamed) are due to be commissioned in March 2015 and March 2017, respectively. When they sail, they'll probably be carrying as many as 14 of United Technology's Sikorsky Seahawk helicopters on board.

What has China worried, though, is their potential to carry Boeing  Textron  V-22 Osprey tiltrotor aircraft. That would transform the vessels into aircraft carriers by definition. Were Japan to modify the vessels -- for example, by adding additional heat-shielding to their flight decks -- the Izumos could conceivably be outfitted to launch and land Lockheed Martin's  short-take-off/vertical-landing version of the F-35 stealth fighter jet, the F-35B.

Seeing the future- Whether this is actually Japan's plan for the Izumo-class ships remains unknown. But there does appear to be a trend toward the country increasing the size of its "helicopter destroyers" with each successive generation it builds. This suggests that even if Izumo isn't ultimately outfitted with F-35s, the next carrier Japan builds could be so big, that it only makes sense to put fighter jets on board.
'
;)

and let's get in the new china rising,yahoo, president Xi and new times,
http://news.yahoo.co...-140835862.html

'military' , and 'prince-ling' , son of a communist revolution commander,
his whole life 'in' with the military, now head of the military council and president,

Xi seems a nice man but he could pose a big problem for Japan and other people? he seems on
the PRC side of this whole capitalist/PRC new China.

this piece gives a ton of info and facets Every American should, dare I say Must, Read?
' Xi is keeping his generals close. The military's top two commanders are almost always photographed at his elbow on his frequent visits to exercises, frontline units and military schools: army General Fan Changlong and air force General Xu Qiliang.
He has also been quick to begin putting his own men at the top of the PLA hierarchy. Within days of taking over from Hu Jintao as head of the Central Military Commission in November last year, Xi promoted Wei Fenghe, commander of the Second Artillery Corps and member of the CMC, to full general. In late July and early August, he promoted six officers to the rank of four-star general, and 18 to lieutenant-general.

Eleven of those 24 officers are political generals, said Bijoy Das, a Chinese expert at India's Institute of Defence Analysis. "In essence it indicates that the Party is co-opting a section of the PLA echelon to ensure that the 'Party holds the gun,'" he said.
Xi is shown mixing with the lower ranks, too. Dressed in plain military-style khaki slacks and shirt, the solidly built 60-year-old stands in mess lines, selects a plate and chopsticks from a stack and is filmed eating and chatting with soldiers and sailors.

MILITARY PRINCELING- Xi, like all of China's Communist leaders, insists the PLA is bound with the party's fortunes. The army delivered political power with its civil war victory in 1949 over the Nationalists. It fought the U.S. to a prestige-enhancing stalemate in Korea. It buffered tumult at home in the early decades of the People's Republic and ended the 1989 Tiananmen protests in a bloody crackdown.

In his task of cementing ties with the generals, Xi had a head start.
His father, Xi Zhongxun, was a Communist guerrilla fighter who became a senior political leader and an architect of the market reforms that ignited China's economic boom. That makes Xi a "princeling" of the leadership, and he rubbed shoulders with other offspring of Communist China's founding elite.

Throughout his career, Xi has appeared to march in step with the PLA. In his first job after graduating from Tsinghua University, he was a key aide in the general office of the Central Military Commission, the top military council he now runs. Xi was secretary to Geng Biao, a defense minister and former military subordinate of Xi's father.

He held no rank, but his duties were considered military service. "The military sees Xi as one of their own," says a person with ties to the leadership.
As he climbed the rungs of China's provincial bureaucracy, Xi had a parallel career as a political commissar in local army headquarters, units of the PLA and the People's Armed Police, the party's paramilitary internal security force.
'
why is this important for _USA_?
not only, owned infrastructure, trade, plants, retail, but also and let's not forget, US has a mutual defense treaty alliance with japan, anyone attacks japan, japan does not stand alone, has been since 1946, and when the occupation ended in 1955 the alliance has been in full force. japan never stands alone.

we have complicated relations with Japan and with China, now we have a right wing nationalistic
president Xi, and a right wing nationalistic prime minister Abe, my oh my what will we do?

:harper:
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rising china, japan, defense, US effect, 2013

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users