ACA Obamacare 2013

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

WaPo front page article which presents more personal stories of people who are grateful to have health insurance finally:

http://www.washingto...16a3_story.html

And the damned federal website seems to be working much better. Over 1 million have enrolled through it by now:
http://www.huffingto..._n_4514882.html

More glitches are anticipated. All is not humming along perfectly. But it looks like a million or so Americans thus far have been so desperate for insurance that they persisted through two months of website hell and dire warnings from the right wing about all manner of catastrophes if they attempted to sign up.

I hope all goes well for them and the site/process continues to improve.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#2 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

I hope all goes well for them and the site/process continues to improve.

I feel pretty confident that things will continue to improve because there are people who have been waiting and hoping and the ones that I know personally can't wait for their first doctor visit.  I'm so glad for them.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ACA, Obamacare, 2013

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users