• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,822 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

New thread! Don't want ExIsle to look dated!

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

I guess my thread doesn't count?  Oh well.  :shrug:

Winter Weather 2013/14 - stay warm and safe everyone!

In the middle of a massive storm right now.  Snowed all night last night, snowing all day today, and all night tonight.  Heading outside now to clear the driveway halfway through the storm, because there will be enough snow that it will be hard to clear it all at once.  We'll probably get more than a foot total.

Then, after the snow stops tomorrow morning, it will be bitterly cold.  It's only 8 ºF right now, but tomorrow it will only be 2 ºF at the warmest!  It will then go down to -10 ºF, or maybe -15 ºF at night!  :eek:

I'll report back with how much snow is on the ground so far!  :)  Wish me luck!

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 02 January 2014 - 01:40 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

hearing bout this huge ole man WINter come down by East shore, bbrrrr , http://www.ajc.com/a...heast-us/ncZqL/ , you guys all in one piece?
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#4 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

It started snowing here last night and it's still snowing. :ranting:
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

#5 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

I measured 6.5 inches at 2 pm.  It's still snowing steadily.

Had a little trouble with the snow-blower, but managed to get it working.  I normally bundle up so much, that if it's above 25ºF I can actually overheat while I'm running the heavy machine.  This time, it was so cold out (including the windchill) that I had to come inside twice to warm up!  :o

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,330 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

Our blizzard started overnight and is in full swing, with another 24 hours to go.  The good news is that, unlike SFG, we'll get some warmth and sunshine on Saturday.  It's about 15 degrees out there now, but not bad inside despite the high winds.  I think the snow is actually insulating the house.  As long as the power doesn't go out again, I'm fine.  I hope everybody else is.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

more storms here, flooding all around me, as yet, we are dry....but the storm is set to continue through the weekend and we have high tides this weekend !! the sea at lunchtime today....

1479124_10152094001627417_684487687_n.jpg

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#8 offworlder

offworlder

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

i wasnt gonna post but, 'he made me do it',
jus 'could not resist'
:o

Snowy Owl - like in Harry Potter, Hedwig?
.. in .. northeast Florida?
Bird spotters come from all over counties to see once-in-lifetime,

http://www.news4jax....jz/-/index.html

and,
ps,
if you wonder where the hell is this frigid stuff coming from, this guy explains a lot,
http://www.climatece...e-to-ohio-16906
and,
Sask. reports, like from Globalnews ca, show where it's coming from, the frigid and the
wind chill in Sask. and Manitoba sheesh :o
http://globalnews.ca...amsack-regions/
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#9 offworlder

offworlder

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

you see those movie trailers from the forties? SEE this n that n the other, SEE the towering adventure, See the apocalyptic dangers! ........................ well, See this frozen waters in the Niagara falls ;) http://news.yahoo.co...-142401177.html .

#10 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:59 AM

Big storm in the northeast yesterday, and a probable tornado!  :eek:  Details here.

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#11 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:51 AM

Well we got a huge rain storm the started last night and eased into this morning, can you say flood city.  this straight from NJ.  I do hope can get out today some times I do have a lot to do today

#12 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:44 PM

And it begins ... way too early!  :eek:

Lake-effect snow pummels New York State, closes Thruway

Buffalo and western NY are being hit with mega sized lake effect snow, 4-5 feet of it!  There's waist deep snow, highways closed, and people trapped in their cars on the road.

Huge stretches of the thruway are closed in western NY, and there are no trains running in the west half of the state. The National Guard are on their way to help out, as are crews from firehouses all over the state. They simply can't keep up with clearing the roads, and there are people who have been trapped in their cars for nearly a day. Hopefully with more crews, they can dig some of them out.

Gaahh!

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#13 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:49 PM

Also, this:

Baby, It's Cold Outside: All 50 States Hit 32 Degrees

According to the National Weather Service and meteorologist Eric Holthaus, all 50 states hit 32 degrees or lower on Tuesday.

Yep. Even Hawaii, where Mauna Kea, a dormant volcano reaching 13,800 feet above sea level, was below freezing.

It's only mid-November!  Right now it is 20ºF where I am, with lots of wind.  So with wind chill it is 3ºF!!!!  :eek2: :eek3:

SFG  :eek:  :eek4:

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#14 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:13 AM

wow, winter sure came early!

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#15 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 18 November 2014 - 11:49 PM, said:

It's only mid-November!  Right now it is 20ºF where I am, with lots of wind.  So with wind chill it is 3ºF!!!!  :eek2: :eek3:

SFG  :eek:  :eek4:

That was midnight.  Now, at 9 am, it is 17ºF with a wind chill of 2ºF.  And I have to go out soon.  Maybe it will be warmer in an hour!  :o

SFG  Posted Image

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 19 November 2014 - 08:53 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#16 AaronRic

AaronRic
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:39 AM

After hearing about the devastation of the tornado that hit Oklahoma this week I think its time for a sound off.

This thread is for all of us who live in areas that are hit by severe weather of any sort.

Sound off, let us know that you and your loved ones are ok. Share your stories

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weather

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users