Harper's Dream

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,307 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

Just a short and how I explained away all of the bad makes no sense to me ever Andromeda.  This works for me and is my canon so it makes me happy.  Wether it weill any others is not certain.  But just in case I post it here.

“Harper, Harper, can you hear me?”

“Huh.  What?”  His eyes fluttered open and to find Trance bending over him.  A purple Trance, not a gold one.  “Trance, you’re still purple.”

She frowned.  “What are you talking about?  Of course, I’ve always been purple.  Harper, you’ve been sick with a bad fever for a few months.  We didn’t know if you’d make it but I think you will now.”

Just then the rest of the crew walked in.  There was Dylan in his High Guard uniform, Beka, Rommie, Tyr with bone blades and dreds and Rev. Harper suddenly felt renewed.  He jumped off the bed and ran to hug Rev.  “Rev!  You didn’t leave.”

The Magog was puzzled.  “Leave?  Now where would I go?  I promised you that I would help you find a way to remove the eggs.  I have to be here for that.”

The eggs.  “I still have them?”

“Boy, what do you mean, still?  You’ve had them ever since the World Ship.”

“Way to go, Tyr.  You’re as sensitive as always.  Can’t you see he’s still out of it from the fever?  Lay back down, Shorty.”

Harper still looked confused.  “I don’t get it.”

“We think your illness was the result of complications from the Magog infestation.”  Trance told him.

“But we have a lead on where we might possibly find a treatment.  We’re on our way there now.”  Dylan explained.

Harper was shaking his head.  “But I thought….”

“What did you think, Harper?”  Rommie asked.

“I thought I was cured.  I guess it was all a dream.”

“Tell us about it,” Trance asked with a swish of her tail.

“Your tail.  Did it really get shot off or was that just a part of my dream too?”

Trance frowned.  “No, that happened.  But you’ve been sick for awhile and while you were my tail grew back.”

“O.K.  That actually made sense.  If Trance could come back from the dead than of course her tail could grow back.

“Tell us about your dream”, she said again.

“O.K.  Well Rev left and Trance traded places with an older, gold version of herself who said she was from a bad future and came back in time to change it.  Can you tell me if you can really change colors?”

Trance frowned yet again.  “No, I can’t.  And even if I could, I’d never change to gold.  It’s not a very pretty color.  Not like purple, now there’s a pretty color.  If I could change, I’d maybe change to pink.  Now there’s a pretty color.”

Harper nodded. Purple pixie, pink pixie, they kind of went together.  He went on.  “Anyway, things were never really good after that.  Tyr, you lost your bone blades and betrayed us.  Dylan, you shed your High Guard uniform and essentially gave up on the Commonwealth.”

Dylan burst out laughing.  “Well there’s your proof that it was all a dream right there.  I’d never give up on the Commonwealth.  As for the uniform, there may be no more High Guard but I still am High Guard.  I always will be.  Besides, there will be another High Guard someday.  I’m not giving up on it.  It will happen.  Everything we want will.  We will cure you and defeat the World Ship.  As a matter of fact, three more worlds joined while you were sick.  So we are making progress.”

“It is not in my best interests to betray you at this time,” Tyr stated matter of factly.  

Harper nodded again.  “That’s good to hear.  I think.”  He turned to Dylan.  “I was kind of jealous of you.  You were always bedding some bimbo practically every week.”

Dylan laughed out loud at that and took Beka’s hand.  “That’s your department, Mr. Harper.  I’m a one woman man and that woman is Beka.”

Harper nearly keeled over again from the shock.  “Are you serious?”

Dylan nodded.  “We kind of bonded in that way over shared worry for you.  So we’re taking it slow and seeing what develops.”

Harper sighed.  Nothing had been real.  It was all a dream.  He was still infected.  But they were working on it and he suddenly felt they’d succeed.  He knew he liked things better the way they were right now.

“We should all leave and let you get your rest,” Rommie said.

“Aw!  Can’t I leave too?”

“Maybe tomorrow. You’ve been sick and you don’t want a relapse.  Rommie was firm.  So they all left.

Harper lay back down and sighed.  He had deliberately not mentioned one thing.  That was the fact that in his dream he’d called Beka easy.  Why had he done that?  He’d never do that.  It wasn’t true.  Beka wasn’t easy.  She didn’t make the best choices in men but that didn’t make her easy.  Having bad judgment in men and being easy were two different things.  Besides, now that she’d picked Dylan it looked like she’d finally bet on the right horse.

The End.
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

#2 Duke Jr

Duke Jr
  • Islander
  • 7,020 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

:smile2: I like this. I love it.

It explains away and fixes so many things.

“It is not in my best interests to betray you at this time,” Tyr stated matter of factly.
:clap: Great line for Tyr!

Thank you for bringing back Purple with a tail.
Posted Image Come see the   Beka Writer's Community .  Readers and Writers welcome!!!  Posted Image

#3 Ascendant Angel

Ascendant Angel

Taking back control

• Islander
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:30 AM

So everything bad that ever happened was all in Harpers head? Somehow I find that kind of fitting, I mean it would be Harper wouldn't it? Harper/ trouble the two just go hand in hand don't they? :D
AKA Rommie's Voice
Come Tweet with me! AscendantAngel you know you want to.

#4 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

I liked this a lot. I could hear the actors in my head speaking these lines. It also brought back memories, because I had completely forgotten that Harper had eggs in him for part of season 2.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#5 DaveW

DaveW
  • Islander
  • 896 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:58 AM

So when does Harper start telling them about Telemachus?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users