4 replies to this topic

#1 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2...ey-senate-race/

Dick Cheney's fire breathing daughter Liz has abandoned her Tea Party backed effort to primary Wyoming republican Senator Mike Enzee.  The effort had drawn wide-spread criticism over Cheney's lack of deep roots in the state and her willingness to throw her gay sister and sister in law under the bus to get the nomination.  She was running far behind Enzee in the polls.

I hope the Cheney clan recognizes what this means - their brand is toxic EVEN IN ONE OF THE MOST CONSERVATIVE STATES IN THE UNION.  They need to just go away forever.  They've done enough.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#2 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Scott: I hope the Cheney clan recognizes what this means - their brand is toxic EVEN IN ONE OF THE MOST CONSERVATIVE STATES IN THE UNION.

I hope. But I doubt they'll ever go away. Liz will continue to be a Fox News commentator, author of right-wing books and so on. She'll follow Sarah Palin's footsteps out of politics and into something more lucrative: duping people into voting for right wingers.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#3 Kota

Kota
  • Islander
  • 417 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Sending prayers to Liz's family, hoping the health issues clear up with her kid/s quickly without recourse.

#4 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostSpectacles, on 06 January 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

I hope. But I doubt they'll ever go away. Liz will continue to be a Fox News commentator, author of right-wing books and so on. She'll follow Sarah Palin's footsteps out of politics and into something more lucrative: duping people into voting for right wingers.

I'm not a big fan of the Cheney's, but I am hoping for a huge GOP sweep of the senate in 2014. Hopefully the GOP not only takes control of the senate, but they do so in a way that will allow them to over ride any Presidental veto. Obama has done more then enough damage, IMO. And I would really love seeing him as a lame duck President for the rest of his term. Not to mention, would absolutely LOVE seeing the faces of the Democrats who pushed through the Nuclear option in the senate, when they realize that they now no longer can filibuster.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#5 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

U can still filibuster.  U just have to ACTUALLY filibuster.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wyoming, Liz Cheney, Senate run, Politics, 2014

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users