• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#141 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostNonny, on 01 February 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Prove it.  Prove that it was fraud.  Fraud, not anything else but fraud.

Have you not seen the same video clips of him saying those lies of keeping your doctor and plan?

http://www.huffingto..._n_4175715.html

There was actually a big fight about this back in September 2010. At that time, the Department of Health and Human Services was pretty forthright about what was likely to happen. As Julian Pecquet of The Hill reported back in 2010:

The Department of Health and Human Services released preliminary regulations in June. They state that plans would lose their grandfathered status if coinsurance and copayments increase more than a specified amount, for example.
According to HHS estimates:
--40 percent to 67 percent of individual policies will lose grandfathered status by 2011;
--34 percent to 64 percent of large employer group plans (100 or more employees) will lose their grandfathered status by 2013: and
--49 percent to 80 percent of small employer group plans (three to 99 employees) will lose their grandfathered status by 2013.

There's the proof.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#142 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 02 February 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

View PostNonny, on 01 February 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Prove it.  Prove that it was fraud.  Fraud, not anything else but fraud.

Have you not seen the same video clips of him saying those lies of keeping your doctor and plan?

http://www.huffingto..._n_4175715.html

There was actually a big fight about this back in September 2010. At that time, the Department of Health and Human Services was pretty forthright about what was likely to happen. As Julian Pecquet of The Hill reported back in 2010:

The Department of Health and Human Services released preliminary regulations in June. They state that plans would lose their grandfathered status if coinsurance and copayments increase more than a specified amount, for example.
According to HHS estimates:
--40 percent to 67 percent of individual policies will lose grandfathered status by 2011;
--34 percent to 64 percent of large employer group plans (100 or more employees) will lose their grandfathered status by 2013: and
--49 percent to 80 percent of small employer group plans (three to 99 employees) will lose their grandfathered status by 2013.

There's the proof.
If you believe he was complicit with Big Insurance's plan to scuttle the ACA by raising rates and copayments to avoid grandfathering, prove it.

Then prove fraud.  If fraud is not proven, I will assume that the accusations are the lies.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#143 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

even when shown the proof....OMG! It's like talking to a brick wall. Obama could literally walk up to someone you were talking to, pull out a gun, kill that person, and you'd still say: "Prove he killed someone."

I'm done talking to brick walls.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#144 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 02 February 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

even when shown the proof....OMG! It's like talking to a brick wall. Obama could literally walk up to someone you were talking to, pull out a gun, kill that person, and you'd still say: "Prove he killed someone."

Since you offered me nothing even approaching proof of fraud, then went on to some wild flight of fancy about the man you cannot prove committed fraud, since he didn't, killing somebody, which he didn't, in front of my eyes, which were not there, I'm saying the so-called "brick wall" here is in what I'd call an "I'm rubber, you're glue" situation.

I'm done because I already knew that there would be no proof of fraud provided, since no fraud was committed.
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#145 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

OMG!!!  If only you could see what you are doing.  You have such a hate on for the President that you can't see a thing not one thing that other people say to you.  Brick wall, meet brick wall.  Un-freaking-believable.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#146 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,032 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

LotS, you are not part of the reality-based community. When presented with evidence, you ignore it. When asked for evidence, you make up false reasons to not give it.

Wish you were here.

Edited by Omega, 02 February 2014 - 03:03 PM.

#147 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

http://talkingpoints...calated-quickly

It is hard for me to believe that the governor of an American state could author such a piece of risible juvenilia, except it is even harder for me to believe a paid communications professional could have been behind this. The “argument” Christie (or possibly one very very close longtime advisor) is making here is that David Wildstein is a bad guy.

Why?

Because as a “a 16-year-old kid” he filed a lawsuit over a school board election and was “publicly accused by his high school social studies teacher of deceptive behavior.” Because he was, according to Christie, a “tumultuous” person (not the correct usage of that word, Governor, but whatever). Because he was “a political animal” who had “a controversial tenure” as the mayor of Livingston. Because he “made moves that were not productive.”

In some ways, I like David Wildstein more after reading some of this. I wish I’d thought of suing over a school board election when I was 16. I’m sure I engaged in deceptive behavior in high school. And earlier this week I, too, “made moves that were not productive.” Moreover, I will make more unproductive moves next week and I might even be making an unproductive move at this very moment.

Obviously it is hard for me to take some of these criticisms seriously. They are so flailing and weak that I can’t believe a journalist could claim Christie is “mount[ing] an aggressive defense.”

(Fox News used that spin - "Christie mounts aggressive defense" - in the bit reporting the story on its website, which was hidden at the bottom right hand side of the page.  Again: top news everywhere else.)

Edited by BklnScott, 02 February 2014 - 03:37 PM.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#148 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

Obama Talks Health Care In Bill O'Reilly Interview

http://www.huffingto..._n_4702111.html

The Fox News host then asked whether repeatedly telling Americans that, if they liked their health care plan, they could keep it under the new health care law, was "the biggest mistake of his presidency."
"This is one I regret and I've said I regretted," said Obama.
Even O'Reilly recognizes that it was a mistake and not a lie.
Posted Image

#149 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

Republicans Accuse Obama of Using Position as President to Lead Country

http://www.newyorker...ad-country.html

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Responding to reports that President Obama is considering signing as many as nineteen executive orders on gun control, Republicans in Congress unleashed a blistering attack on him today, accusing Mr. Obama of “cynically and systematically using his position as President to lead the country.”
Spearheading the offensive was Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas), who charged the President with the “wanton exploitation of powers that are legally granted to him under the U.S. Constitution.”
Calling him the “Law Professor-in-Chief,” Rep. Stockman accused Mr. Obama of “manipulating a little-known section of the Constitution,” Article II, which outlines the power of the President....

Posted Image

#150 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:40 AM

Okay guys, speaking as a Mod, let's tone it down in here a little bit, shall we?
Rejected and gone.

#151 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Well, if this is true, it's do-not-pass-go time for Chris Christie.  

The state legislative committee investigating the George Washington Bridge scandal is looking into whether Gov. Chris Christie flew in a State Police helicopter over Fort Lee at the time of last year's controversial lane closures, according to a source with knowledge of the probe.

http://www.nj.com/po...ein_report.html

Lawmakers also want to know if the New Jersey governor took a ride with then-Port Authority exec David Wildstein, who allegedly orchestrated the lane closures on the order of a Christie aide.

http://nypost.com/20...licopter-rides/

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New Jersey, Gov. Chris Christie, 2014, Bridgegate

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users