Sickness

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,305 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

Yeah, I know.  The title ain't great but whatever.  I'm still posting it because I still love Andromeda fic and especially Beka/Dylan ifc.  So, here it is and if anyone still reads this besides my husband I hope you enjoy it.  If you don't, well, I enjoyed writing it anyway.

Dylan plucked the thermometer from Beka’s mouth.  “102.” he announced cheerfully.  “You’ve got a fever.  You’re sick.”

Beka groaned and then pressed her face into the pillow her head was on, while grabbing for another one and pressing that one on top of her head.  “I know that, Dylan.  I can tell, since I feel like sh*t and have for some time now.  Oh, sh*t!”

She hurriedly sat up and just barely made it to the basin.  But she did and promptly vomited up everything she had ever eaten in her life.  Or so it seemed like to her.  Although this wasn’t the first time she had thrown up.  She had been sick for awhile.

“It’s just the flu, Beka.  I know you feel horrible right now and I’m sorry but you will get better.”  He didn’t sound sorry; he sounded amused.  “Anyway, I’m going to go clean this up.  Be right back.”

“I’ll be here.”  She lay back down.  It wasn’t just the nausea and vomiting, although that wasn’t fun.  It was the pain.  Her head hurt so bad it was like it would explode.  “And if it would that would be great because I wouldn’t hurt anymore.”  She also went from feeling so cold to so hot and back again.  It was hell.

Dylan was back with a glass of ginger ale and the basin, which he placed back in its place by her bed.  He placed the ginger ale by her night stand.  “Come on, love. Drink this.  It’ll help.”

“No, it won’t.  I can’t keep anything down.  Do you not get that?”

“You should be able to keep this down.  We have to keep you hydrated.  It’s important, according to Trance.”

“And she would know, right.”

He grinned.  “She is our Chief Medical Officer, so, yes.  I trust her judgment and I’m going to follow her treatment plan.  Let me help you.”

He sat down on her bed and gently helped her sit up.  She leaned against him since she was too weak to sit up on her own for any length of time. He grabbed the glass and held it to her lips.  “Just sip it slowly, all right.  I’ve got you.  I’m here and I’ll take care of you.  You will get better, Beka, I promise.”

She finished sipping and he put the glass down and helped her lay down again.  “I know but this sucks.  I don’t get sick.  I’m not used to it.”

“I know but it happens.  So, you need care right now and I’m doing it.  It will be all right.  I’m here for as long as you need me.”

“I know.  That means so much to me.  I love you, Dylan.”

“I love you too, Beka.”

The End.
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

#2 Duke Jr

Duke Jr
  • Islander
  • 7,019 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

Awwwww! Shipper moment!

Short but very well written.
Posted Image Come see the   Beka Writer's Community .  Readers and Writers welcome!!!  Posted Image

#3 kcsue

kcsue

Chocolate Fiend

• Islander
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:04 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
As long as I have Coffee and Chocolate, the world is safe!

Tyr: Don't forget to hee-haw

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users