Dragon Age: Origins Playthrough

Dragon Age

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,731 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

As for Cammen, I've always been able to talk them into getting together.

There was an option where I told him I could bring him back a pelt, and he sad no, and then I had a choice to try and convince him but I picked something else to say first, and then the conversation ended and I could never talk to him again. I might go back to the Dalish camp and see if I can talk to him again.

So I took some days of from playing games because I was RPG'd out after playing Dragon Age and Reckoning at the same time. I've played a little more DA but not a lot. I'm now with the dwarves. I haven't gotten very far at all. Though their situation, that there is no king and the different clans might come to blows, reminds me of the third book in the Eragon series. There the dwarves also had to elect a new king, and it almost led to civil war as well.

Alistair....yes, he'll have to be at Adore before you can convince him into your tent, or get him to Love and go to camp and he'll invite you to his tent in a most adorable manner. Keep at him.

I am. Gave him a gift today. Actually gave gifts to everyone since they've been piling up. It's just hard sometimes to know who will appreciate what unless they make specific mention of it in conversation.

Taeon is in camp right now after defeating the Desire Demon. So his power matched his boldness ;) He has some conversations with Wynne and the others to catch up to, then we're going after the urn. Then he has to decide if he wants to go for the Dwarves or the Dalish. Probably Dalish first, the Deep Roads, when you finally get to it, is a long trek.

Pretty cool. Good to know about the Deep Roads, because one of the quests I received was to go to the Deep Raods so I'll make sure I'm stocked up and ready before I leave.

So, where did you end up going?
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#22 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

I've taken a few days off since he's gotten the urn, but I'll return to him tomorrow and let him tell me.

A word about getting Cammen together with his love. Don't talk about the pelt, take the option to go talk to her, then convince her to accept him.

As for the Deep Roads, if you haven't been sent to break up Jarvia's gang, that trip into the Deep Roads is a short one. You're just saving someone from a bunch of Deep Stalkers.

#23 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

I always do the Circle first, then Redcliff, then the Urn, then Orzammar and finally the Dalish. In Orzammar I sided with Bhelen. I've never done Harrowmont so I don't know about his quests. But with Bhelen you're asked to change some votes and one of the family heads you have to persuade is off in the Deep Roads. That's a short trip and easily done. All other quests requesting you to go into the Deep Roads should be left until Bhelen/Harrowmont tell you to go and look for Branka. That is one loooooooonnnngggggg journey. Having done it several times and memorized the route, I timed how long it took to complete the section done as quickly as possible and only sticking to the correct path without exploring. It took well over an hour and a half. A first-timer or someone who wants to explore, I could see spending 4-6 hours down there.
Rejected and gone.

#24 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

*Raises her hand* Explorer here ;)

#25 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Anyway, Taeon has taken the ashes back to Redcliffe, purchased the Diligence boots from Owen and is working on freeing Shale. Had to turn it off when I was trying to launch a chat since my computer wouldn't launch it until I did so.

I'll finish Honnleath later, when chat is finished.

#26 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,731 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:47 PM

I sided with Bhelen cause why not? Now though I'm regretting it since he seems like a nasty piece of work. During the conversation I could asky him about the rumors that he killed his brother, and all I could think  is, "When did I find out about this?" I could not remember a single character saying that to me at all. Oh well.

I went to the Deep Roads to find the dwarf and show him how Harrowmount had tricked him but have yet to go looking for Branka. I knew it would be a long journey and  want to take my time with it. I'm going to wait until my day off to play it so I can explore some more.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#27 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:35 AM

You'll be asked to clear out Jarvia's gang before you're asked to find Branka. That'll be in Dust town and is also a fairly difficult fight, both to get to her and when you find her.

Then the trek to go get Branka and find the anvil.

And, as nasty as Bhelen sounds, he's the best choice for king. Trust me. As good as Harrowmont sounds, he's just not good for king.

If you ever do the Dwarf Noble origin you'll find out the truth about what happened to Trian.

#28 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

Agree with Chatty. You may not know or realise it right now, but he is best for Orzammar in the long run.
Rejected and gone.

#29 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,731 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:54 PM

So I was going to play for only an hour or two today but ended up playing for like four or five hours. I just couldn't stop. I completed the Deep Roads, destroyed the Anvil, killed Branca, made Bhelen king, then went off to Denerim and did some quests there.

The Deep Roads was a great section, but they just did not end. Every time I thought I was at the end there was another section to go through. By the time it was done I was out of injury kits and almost out of health packs. When I first went into the Deep Roads I took Alistair, Leliana, and Morrigan. I died quite a few times. So I switched my team up and used Wynne, Zevran, and Oghren. That team did pretty well for me and it was intersting to travel with different characters since I pretty almost always use Alistair, Morrigan, and Leilana.

I felt bad for Ruck. I was just going to leave him alone, but during conversation Oghren and Zevran said it would be best to kill him and I had no other option but to agree. Pretty sad. I told his mom that he died a hero. Felt like the best thing to do.

Branka went off the deep end, didn't she? Her quest for the Anvil turned into a very bad obsession. I was tempted to keep the Anvil because an army of golems would be a big help, but couldn't justify it. Zevran wanted me to, but I basically told him I'd make him a golem and he shut up.

I made Bhelen king. Did not see him executing Harrowmont. I tried to talk him out of it, but no go.

I helped the dwarf go to the Tower and train with the mages. Sure it means she becomes casteless but she knew that and really wanted to go.

In Denerim I helped Alistair reconnect with his sister and that didn't go well. Money grabbing jerk. I comforted Alistair and got a kiss out of it at camp later on.

Leilana talked to the women was was after her. I conviced the woman to leave, but she promised to be back. Maybe I should have just killed her.

I did several sidequests in Denerim and am probably going to go on the Urn quest next. That might have to wait a few days because I really did spend too much time playing the game today at the expense of some homework.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

#30 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,731 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

I've done quite a bit since I last posted. I did the Urn quest and used them to save Arl Eamon. He was most appreciative and called a Landsmeet.

I used Sten on a few missions because I was getting nothing out of him at camp. He confessed why he murdered that family. He lost his sword, which to a qunari is like losing his soul. I helped him get it back and won his respect. He apologized for believing that I wasn't a real warrior since I was a woman. Yet he did say that his people would eventually invade one day so it was good news/bad news on that one.

Wynne told me about her apprentice that she was much too harsh on. I tracked him down and reunited them. I was happy that he was still alive and that Wynne was able to make amends.

I visited the alienage and discovered that Loghain was selling the elves into slavery. I put an end to that real quick. Poor elves. They got dealt a crappy hand in this universe.

I was very happy when I got to storm Howe's estate. It was a hard battle, but finally killing the man that murdered my family was well worth it. I freed the Queen, as well as the son of a noble that had been captured and tortured.

After getting enough evidence I confrotned Loghain at the Landsmeet. It went rather well. I had most of the nobles on my side. It came down to a fight between me and Loghain. I won, and decided to spare him. Boy did that not go over well with Alistair. Riordan suggested making Loghain a Grey Warden, which really pissed Alistair off. I decided to kill Loghain, yet let Alistair do the deed. Then I picked Alistair as king instead of Anora. I almost wished I had picked Anora since Alistair promptly broke up with me.

So a Grey Warden has to die to defeat an archdemon. Yay. Morrigan came to me with her plan to have a baby with Alistair and have the demon's essence go to the baby. I tried to convince Alistair but he wasn't buying it. Morrigan left in disgust.

The final battle got underway, and it is brutal. I'm at Fort Drakon right now but got slaughtered. The darkspawn are just overwhelming. I've used the majority of my health potions all ready as well, and I had a huge stockpile of them. I'll probably wait a day or two before trying again. I can't even begin to imagine how I'm going to defeat the archdemon. Yikes.
--Jor-El

-- Harry S. Truman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dragon Age

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users