#1 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

Huckabee vs. Huckabee

http://www.msnbc.com...bee-vs-huckabee

...Huckabee’s argument was an extended rant against contraception access through the Affordable Care Act. The Arkansan believes Democrats are “insulting” women by making birth control and other preventive health care services accessible without a co-pay. Democrats, Huckabee insisted, want women to believe “they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control, because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government.”

On a substantive level, this is obviously quite silly. But Bill Scher took this one step further: if Democrats are insulting women by expanding access to contraception, then Mike Huckabee is guilty of the same offense.

Funny story: in 2005, Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee signed a law mandating Arkansas insurance plans provide contraception coverage, including church-affiliated organizations such as hospitals and universities.
Nine years ago, Huckabee thought that the government should ensure that everyone had access to contraception. In fact, as the Los Angeles Times detailed in 2012, all sorts of Republicans were happily embracing contraception coverage mandates in the days of Bush and Clinton.

Quite right. And then President Obama was inaugurated, at which point Republicans began opposing the same policies they endorsed, pretending routine matters scandalous, and hoping the public and the media won’t know the difference....
I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.   :sarcasm:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#2 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

Fascinating....and another example of how political partisanship makes actual policies and principles secondary to just hatin' on the other side.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#3 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

He's so good at appearing genuine that I almost always assume that he is - until something from the record reveals that he's just politickin'.  Which is pretty scary, actually.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#4 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,028 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Many women can't control their reproductive system...

#5 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

No.  He does not in any way, shape, or form have a point.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hypocrisy, birth control, Obamacare, ACA

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users