3 replies to this topic

#1 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

this might seem not one question, but it's parts all in one question,
the theme is, apps or add-in progs for Google chrome.

you know how everyone is on app devs now, android or such? and everyone says,
'there is an app for that' ?
but ,
what if you are not on devices? you are ancient, (over 36 1/2),
;) - and poor so not money buying cool gear- and as such you are in the ole world,
but you got used to anti-advert add-ins on Fox!
:o

so, here I am on Chrome on PC, and I miss my anti-adverts add-ins; cant use the new Fox on
me ole OS (XP w/sp3) , cant update, cant new laptop or iTablet... so:

are there apps for Chrome on XP, not on android?

are there add-ins and such dev community for Chrome as with Fox??

can I get add-ins for Chrome for anti-adverts, like the ones so easy to get, just go in your Fox and
hit add-in manager and get list and, and, away you go, so easy; ad blocker stuff, and new vers,
and products, and choices, just hit the click and get.

ps,
of course Google is an advert co unlike Fox, so they will not make this stuff easy yeah?
:harper:
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#2 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

There's an Apps link under the navigation buttons (back, forward, reload/stop, home) by default in Chrome. Once there, click on the Store app. Alternatively, you can directly visit the Chrome Web Store:

https://chrome.googl...chrome-ntp-icon

For ad blocking, search for Adblock Plus. Once you have that installed, go to chrome://extensions/ in the navigation bar, click on Options under Adblock Plus, and then click Add Filter Subscription. Choose EasyList (English) and click Add. You can add additional lists using this same method if you want non-English lists.
"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

#3 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

oh wait, i wanted to thank you, there i am thinkin up all my exciting cool stuff wanted to post in the folders and forgot this one ;) this was nice N easy, jus didnt know they had this like Fox, just as easy; now, i do not for whatever reason(not checking out the simplest menus/choices? ;) of my chrome yet, just use use, use ;) , but do not have anything under the arrow and reload buttons, like more levels of menus, just the one, maybe minimized something and dont see how to right click N bring it back, but, but so what, remembered that progs often have extra stuff on the About product page in the menu button, so hit About Chrome and on the left there is an Extensions button, and hit that, resulting menu showed Get More Extensions, though it didnt say store, Get usually means store, so hit Get More and hey, got more, Google store came up and found the plus product way down the popular page, it installed and then said You are enabled; and i was like hey What? i thought you said i had to go in and set the Easy list, so went in settings and saw Easy list is already enabled so they think of doing that for you heehee :o so yeah it was nice.. N .. Easy. :harper:
"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#4 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:26 AM

Oh, EasyList is enabled by default now? Whenever I've installed Adblock Plus in the past I always had to manually add a filter list. It's good that's automatically enabled now. The extension is pretty much useless without it.

Glad you got it working! :D
"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users