our butts, or erm, heads; but it didnt freeze, it melted off and now we
have winds and rains and drizzles and yuck

but,

over there in UK- read this,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk/

the one on river Thames floods, evacuations; and the Somerset floods, and
storms of Cornwall,
then,
catch that feature vid there, Along the flooding Thames (with that flooded house pic)

"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#2 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

Yeah, we've had the odd spot of rain in the last few weeks

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#3 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:19 AM

watch out East,

looks like your 'England' time is beginning,

historic storm, snow, mess, yuck, and maybe for unusual length,
all over East, up from Alabama and GA,

http://www.cbsnews.c...historic-storm/

batten down the hatches ;) , not just England with messy roads eh

"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#4 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,499 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

Good luck U.K.ers!  200year floods and 100mph winds is insane.  Hope everyone fairs is ok.

Same to you folks in the Eastern U.S.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#5 offworlder

offworlder

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

storm arrived, GA,
http://www.foxnews.c...c-winter-storm/

looking for the perfect, show the east forcast just right, but til then here,

> “Everything is just on pause,” he said, gazing at vacant streets.

Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal, sounding a far more upbeat tone than two weeks ago, warned people not to become complacent as the storm came in waves.

“Thanks to the people of Georgia. You have shown your character,” he said. During the last storm, Deal was widely criticized for being unprepared and the state became the butt of late-night jokes.
In an early Wednesday warning, the National Weather Service called the storm “catastrophic ... crippling ... paralyzing ... choose your adjective.”

The forecast drew comparisons to an ice storm in the Atlanta area in 2000 that left more than 500,000 homes and businesses without power and an epic storm in 1973 that caused an estimated 200,000 outages for several days. In 2000, damage estimates topped $35 million.
Eli Jacks, a meteorologist with National Weather Service, said forecasters use words such as “catastrophic” sparingly.
“Sometimes we want to tell them, ‘Hey, listen, this warning is different. This is really extremely dangerous, and it doesn’t happen very often,’” Jacks said.

He noted that three-quarters of an inch of ice would be catastrophic anywhere. But the Atlanta area and other parts of the South are particularly vulnerable: Many trees and limbs hang over power lines.
<
http://www.washingto...4962_story.html

maybe you can check DC tv ;) (or charlotte), as it moves up and along,

#6 offworlder

offworlder

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

water water everywhere and what to drink?

catch this cbs report vid,

http://tv.yahoo.com/...344677-cbs.html

all over Thames valley i guess it is,

#7 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

Meanwhile in California, we're desperate for rain and snow.   :(
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UK

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users