#81 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostOmega, on 06 March 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

Can we deport Justin Bieber to Russia?

ROTFLMAO!!!!
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#82 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

I'd settle for just sending him home to Canada.

Edited by BklnScott, 21 March 2014 - 12:42 PM.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#83 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

now here is a on topic in the OT, a tiny genre tie in? an anime tie in?
;)
and oh so typically Japanese....

http://www.bbc.com/n...ewhere-26663168

now to me she seems a little young for this, she got some quick jump, in the groove right out of the gate, networking?, maybe patronism?, who knows, but senior attorney and now top prosecutor of Crimea, attorney general - but looks like an artist's dream for a happening with-it hero teen girl in the books! :o and they are flipping over her!
In the midst of all the trouble, I am so laughing.

"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

#84 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostOmega, on 06 March 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

Can we deport Justin Bieber to Russia?

View PostRhea, on 21 March 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

ROTFLMAO!!!!

View PostBklnScott, on 21 March 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

I'd settle for just sending him home to Canada.

Dang ... *sigh* ... Well I guess he is ours, eh? As much as us Canadians may want to forget it ;)
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#85 offworlder

offworlder

pls don't kick offworlders, we can find a place too

• Islander
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:13 AM

>
' "Welcome to Cold War Two," Russian analyst Dmitri Trenin of the Carnegie Foundation for International Peace declared in an article for Foreign Policy magazine.

"The recent developments have effectively put an end to the interregnum of partnership and cooperation between the West and Russia that generally prevailed in the quarter-century after the Cold War," he said.

Trenin is not alone in seeing the struggle for Ukraine as the biggest game-changer in European security since the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991.

While no one imagines the superpowers returning to a hair-trigger nuclear confrontation or a bloc-against-bloc military buildup - for starters, Russia no longer has a bloc - the knock-on implications for other security problems, and for the world economy, are significant.

Frozen conflicts in Moldova, Georgia and Azerbaijan, all "near abroad" post-Soviet states, could be reactivated.

In Berlin, policymakers worry that Russia could raise the stakes by stopping cooperation with the West over Iran's nuclear program, the civil war in Syria, security in Afghanistan and managing North Korea's unpredictable leader.
'
http://news.yahoo.co...79--sector.html

ps,
as a child of the cold war, I grew up with the headlines of Brezhie-baby and all those rot, the Ford, Reagan and Haig and keeping up with Joneses and rivalries and one-ups and, et al

one of my fave classes in high school, the teacher had an extra credit part- he set out a bunch of books on his desk up front, some paper and some hard, his own property not school district books, one each title, and said, borrow this like library, but return to me because they'r mine, ha ha, and do a report on't, and get the extra credit- I chose his book on Beria and learned so freakin much about Stalin times during and just after that big war, and Beria activities and state security, and all what happened when Stalin was at his end round 53, much stuff that today's working twentysomethings know nothing about, they only read up on digital stuff, 'my digital life' and all that eh? ;) [yeah i know some are different and more than that, but I mean a bunch, a majority]
who today even knows about the cold war and all that Soviet stuff yeah?

"(Do you read what they say online?) I check out all these scandalous rumours about me and Elijah Wood having beautiful sex with each other ... (are they true?) About Elijah and me being boyfriend and boyfriend? Absolutely true. We've been together for about nine years. I wooed him. No I just like a lot of stuff - I like that someone says one thing and it becomes fact. It's kind of fun." --Dominic Monaghan in a phone interview with Newsweek while buying DVDs at the store. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ukraine, Russia, Aggression in Crimea, 2014, Europe

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users