Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: New York Serenade

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.5 The Wicked Witch

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

Spoilers

Emma's fairy tale family is in danger and Hook needs to restore hee memory so she can help them.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

I was afraid that they would draw out Emma with no memories in New York for a few episodes so I felt relief when she had her memories back early on and actually ended up in Storybrooke by the end of the episode. After the long and mostly boring Neverland arc this half of the season is off to a good start.

Did anyone not see that Walsh was going to be a bad guy the minute he appeared? I wonder if we will see him again. I've always liked Christopher Gorham.

So the Wicked Witch has taken over the palace and has collected some of Regina's blood. Wonder what Regina did to her. Why did she leave Oz?

Sad that Regina almost went the way of her mother and took her heart out so she didn't have to feel the pain of Henry's loss. I was glad that Snow talked her into putting her heart back in. I really hope this is a path of redemption for Regina. She has started to turn over a new leaf several times but never really has committed to it. Though Regina has a lot to atone for.

Aside from Walsh being an evil flying monkey, life seemed good for Henry and Emma. It is sad that they have to give it up.

So none of the Enchanted Forest denizens remember what they've done for a year, huh? But Snow is pregnant. I'm glad. Hopefully she will get to see this kid grow up.

Did the Wicked Witch cast the spell or someone else? Sure she's the new big bad but that doesn't mean she did cast the spell.

All in all, a good first episode back. Hopefully they can continue the momentum and hopefully the Wicked Witch will be a good villain unlike Pan.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:51 AM

Sooo ... Regina is Goldilocks, and Emma almost married a flying monkey.  :crazy: :crazy:   Okaaaayyy.

SFG  :lol:
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:22 AM

I was also glad to see Regina and Snow saved from the flying monkey by Robin

Knowing that he was Regina's True Love that Tink found for her and then those little looks Regina kept throwing him....was sweet and I hope that Regina gets a little happiness.  Though it seems that The Wicked Witch has it in for Regina so afraid to hope for that, afraid that  happiness will be snatched from Regina and she'll go darkside again.

(not sure and will have to rewatch it  but did she see the lion tattoo on Robin?)

Waiting to find out more....like who was sent back to Storybrooke and who wasn't.  I've got a suspicion that I know at least one who was left behind

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#5 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

View PostTricia, on 10 March 2014 - 07:22 AM, said:

Waiting to find out more....like who was sent back to Storybrooke and who wasn't.  I've got a suspicion that I know at least one who was left behind

Yes, I am wondering too. If Regina is in Storybrooke I wonder what she is forgetting from the year in FTL. If she isn't in Storybrooke I am wondering she is dealing with at the moment... Also there was an allusion to getting Gold back by Belle and Neal, did they succeed in their year there? Is one or both of those two still in FTL? I wonder if any that were in FTL the last 28 years are all still in FTL or whether some/all are in Storybrooke? (Phillips, Aurora, Mulan, Robin & his band). I imagine at least, unless they had a change of heart and fought on the Storybrooke side later, that at least Phillips and Aurora are still in FTL.
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#6 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,528 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

Okay, eight months of hot flying monkey sex.  And on a family show!  :lol:

Well, I'm glad Storybrooke is back.  I would have been sad if it had been gone forever.  I think it's an important part of the show-- part of the problem with the Pan storyline was that there was so little Storybrooke.

It looks like they're going for a role reversal with Emma and Henry-- now Emma will have to convince Henry that fairy tales are real.  :lol:

I like the Wicked Witch.  Hopefully we'll get to go to Oz.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#7 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Sooo ... Regina is Goldilocks, and Emma almost married a flying monkey.  :crazy: :crazy:   Okaaaayyy.
   That's what I said Sci-Fi Gil Lol!!!

By the way with the triangle with Bane/Emma/Hook  I am rooting for the hook.  I see chemistry there big time.

#8 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

Well I knew Emma was back when she put on her red leather jacket. :D And I liked how they fit Gennifer Goodwin's real life pregnancy into the storyline. But I'm still waiting for the moment from the promo.

Spoiler

:howling: :howling: :howling:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#9 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 10 March 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

Okay, eight months of hot flying monkey sex.  And on a family show!  :lol:

I was trying not to think about that!!

I guess the change to the prosthetic hand for Hook was only to not attract attention in NYC because he switched out to the hook once in Storybrooke.  

I admit that I missed Storybrooke earlier this season too.  There's just something about those smaller towns, the way they are laid out etc that makes it almost a character in itself. (having just spent part of the day in the older part of a larger town today reminded me of how much I love small town's older sections)

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#10 Alica

Alica

Seek serenity, and if you can't find it, seek cupcakes

• 1,633 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Solid episode I thought. Glad there was no messing around, boom! memories back, back to Storybrooke, new villain introduced....I approve.

Also I love Hook, so any episode with lots of Hook is a winner in my book. Tricia, I love how the hook was the only concession he made in NYC :lol: still walking around in full FTL gear, cause damn it's NY, you can totally get away with it!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.
Posted Image

#11 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

Hook is really hot. I like his character, I think he and Emma would make a great couple, but I think Henry's Dad may have some other thing in mind.  I hope they find a way fast to bring back Gold, I miss him

#12 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,528 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

^^  Yeah, my Mother and Sister and Niece will be talking non-stop about Hook this weekend, I'm sure. :D

View PostTricia, on 11 March 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

I was trying not to think about that!!  
Sorry.  :blush:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.5, The Wicked Witch

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users