#41 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

View PostNeuralClone, on 13 March 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

View PostRJDiogenes, on 13 March 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

What do you mean purpose? It's an enjoyable adventure show.  What purpose did Star Trek serve?  Or Wild Wild West?  Or Mission: Impossible?
This is an enjoyable adventure show? I might buy that if the characters were fun or if there was actually some adventure. Firefly was an enjoyable adventure show. So was Farscape. And so was Star Trek. Those shows all have two very important things in common: smart dialogue and interesting characters with unique and often conflicting personalities. The characters drive the stories.

This show has forced dialogue and characters that are about as exciting and animated as bricks. If they could fix that major problem, the show would improve dramatically. But someone thought that the bland, somewhat amusing background character of Coulson would be perfect to lead a series, and the rest fell into place around that terrible idea. So I highly doubt they even see this as a problem.

Or for a too long/didn't read summary, this show has a cool premise filled with boring stories that are populated with cliched, boring characters. For something based on a fun comic book movie/universe, this show is severely lacking in fun.  
I can only conclude that, due to quantum fluctuations of unknown etiology in the interwebs, that you and I are communicating from alternate dimensions and watching completely different shows.  :lol:  Because I have the exact opposite view.  The characters are indeed fun, and their interactions are the main appeal of the show for me, there is an entertaining adventure (almost) every week, and the dialogue and scripts are sharp. As for Coulson, he is one of the two things I really liked about the Avengers movie and the reason I checked out the show to begin with.

I have no objection to them evolving the show as it goes along, but I hope they don't lose what they have in the process.  This show is a breath of fresh air.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Agents Of SHIELD, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users