Godzilla

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,571 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

http://www.godzilla-...s.com/news/1484

One of these companies is Kraken Releasing, a video distribution company focused on Sci-Fi, Horror and Fantasy entertainment. They recently secured a license from TOHO to re-release three classic Godzilla movies in the US on Blu-ray! Offering both English and Japanese versions, Kraken will be releasing Godzilla vs. Hedorah, Ebriah, Horror of the Deep and Godzilla vs. Gigan on Blu-ray and DvD this summer!

http://www.joblo.com...oy-all-monsters

I can't seem to paste the news from this site but it says that Destroy All Monsters and Godzilla Vs. Megalon are being released.

http://www.scified.c...oming-in-april-

Mill Creek Entertainment has announced today that the hit animated show Godzilla: The Series is coming to DVD as a complete set on April 29th.

This has me pretty excited. The movies should be fun. What I really like is that it seems all of them will have the option for the original Japanese audio with subtitles.

Edited by Virgil Vox, 13 March 2014 - 10:25 PM.

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#2 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,136 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

Unfortunately, none of those really interest me except Destroy All Monsters. I would've liked to see a US DVD release for the 1984 Godzilla, ideally with its US version Godzilla 1985 (with added Raymond Burr footage) in the same release. That's the only Heisei-series film I haven't seen, indeed the only post-'70s Godzilla film I haven't seen. (At least since the '80s. I may have seen it on TV ages ago.) I also would've liked a release of the Japanese version of King Kong vs. Godzilla, in the original language and without the horrid, tedious newscaster scenes used to frame the American version.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#3 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,571 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

I'm interested in Godzilla Vs. Hedorah just because it's such a weird monster design. Destroy All Monsters looks great. I'm just glad to see more movies getting released. It's still possible that the others, like Godzilla 1894, could be released.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#4 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

These releases weren't too surprising, it would be nice if the Japanese version of King Kong VS Godzilla could come out as well to end the rumor abouthte ending of the movie. But it would be even better if the Heisei movies could be rereleased, one of the Encore channels have been showing them complete with full credits for the most part.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#5 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

I'd love to see that :)

#6 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,728 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

Actually Hedorah (aka the Smog Monster) is something of a personal favorite of mine.  Nevermind the whole trippy aspect, and its environmental message which resonates because that was a matter of concern that was stressed when I was in elementary school, the monster itself was one of the few mystery monsters out there that couldn't be beaten through the application of more force.

The people needed to solve Hedorah, before anything could be done to beat Hedorah.

Then also, with the emphasis on the kid and his dreams ... this one was closest in tone to the old Gamera movies.  All in all, an interesting picture that, when I'm in the mood, is still very watchable with the only misstep being Godzilla flying.  My sole regret is that we're missing the English translation of the title song :(

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#7 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,136 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

I haven't seen Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster in decades, but I still remember that song. "There's one solution, stamp out pollution / Save the Earth..."
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Godzilla

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users