Afternoon Delight

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,317 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

So, continuing on with my love of Beka/Dylan I now offer this humble songfic.  As the title suggests, the song is the cheesy 70's ode to having sex.  But I think it's quite fun.  Maybe others will agree with me.  Here it is.

Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight
Gonna grab some afternoon delight
My motto's always been; when it's right, it's right
Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night
When everything's a little clearer in the light of day
And we know the night is always gonna be there any way

“That was amazing.”

Beka laughed.  “You’re not so bad yourself there, big boy.”  She had her head on Dylan’s chest with one arm there as well and the other one snaked around him.

Dylan had both arms linked around Beka’s body.  They had just finished love making and so they were both naked underneath the covers.

“It’s not very often we get a chance for a little afternoon delight.”

Beka groaned.  Where in the universe had Dylan ever heard that song?  It wasn’t part of her CD collection that she’d gotten back from Rafe.

As if reading her mind, he spoke.  “Harper has his own collection that he acquired, you know.’

No, she hadn’t known.  Sappy love songs with bad euphemisms for having sex would hardly have been to Harper’s taste.  Well, Beka had thought that.  Apparently she was wrong.

Dylan chuckled.  “It’s not a bad song, Beka.  Have you ever even heard the whole thing?”

“No and I don’t need to.  Nor do I have the desire to.  Shut up about it, Dylan.  You’re spoiling the afterglow here.”

Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite
Looking forward to a little afternoon delight
Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite
and the thought of rubbin' you is getting so exciting

He chuckled.  “Oh, come on, Beka.  It’s not so bad.  You know you want me whenever and wherever.”

She slapped him.  “Now you’re taking on the persona of one of those oversexed ‘70s Earth men.  Kind of like Harper.  I know the sexual revolution technically started in the ‘60s but it sure did continue on into that decade.  Come to think of it, I now see why Harper would like this song.”

He rubbed his cheek.  “Ow!  That hurt.”

“And that’s what you get for your crudeness.  I may love you but that doesn’t mean I have to take any sh*t from you.”

“I’m sorry, Beka.  I didn’t mean it like that.  I was just teasing you because of the song.”

Sky rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight

She sighed.  “I know, Dylan.  I overreacted.  I’m sorry too.”

“I do love you.  I’d love even if you never wanted to have sex with me ever again.”

She laughed.  “Well, there’s no need to go quite that far.  I never said I didn’t like sex.  I do.  I just didn’t like the implication that I’m a slut.  I’m not.”

“I know you’re not.  I’ve never thought of you that way.  I’m still glad you still want to have sex with me, though.  I like having sex with you and I’d miss it a lot.”

“I would too.  So, it’s good that we’ll still have it.”

Started out this morning feeling so polite
I always thought a fish could not be caught who wouldn't bite
But you've got some bait a waitin' and I think
I might like having a little afternoon delight

He settled back down in the bed.  She joined him.  “You know I didn’t plan this little rendezvous.  The opportunity just sort of presented itself and I took it.  It’s so hard to find time for just us.  It seems like there’s always something.”

She sighed.  “I know.  I thought once we achieved your dream that things would be different.  But it doesn’t seem like they are.”

“Yes, they are.  I’ve got you.  That’s different.  With your past I didn’t think I’d have a chance.  You know, because you’ve had your heart broken so many times, I figured you were out of the game.”

“If that was the case, why did you even try?”

He shrugged.  “I don’t know.  I took a chance.  I thought you were worth it.  I still do and it worked out well.  We have a great life, if a bit busy at times.”

Beka laughed.  “It’s more than a bit busy at times.  But you’re right.  It is a great life.”

“I’m glad you feel that way.  He leaned over and kissed her.

Sky rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight

She kissed him back. Then she laid back and sighed.

”What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong.”

“Come on, Beka.  I know you better than that.  Please just talk to me.”

“All right.  It’s great being with you like this.  That’s not the problem.”

“What is, then?”

“Will it last?  I know you’re a decent guy and you love me and all that but…”

“Your past still haunts you.”

”Yeah.”  She turned away in shame.

”I can understand that.”

“You can?”  She turned back with such a shocked look on her face that Dylan almost laughed.  He didn’t because he sensed it would not be taken well and the last thing he wanted was to get slapped again.  Beka had a mean right hook.

“Well, you have really never had any good relationships with anyone who you’ve had a romantic relationship with.  I dare say I’m the first good one you’ve had so it’s only natural to be scared.”

“But that implies that I think you’re like them and I don’t think that.”

“No, it doesn’t imply that.  It implies that you’re human.  It’s not personal towards me, Beka.  I know that.  It’s just your natural fears.  Nothing wrong with that.  Well, except you should have never had to develop those fears in the first place because of jerks who were never worthy of you and didn’t deserve you in the first place.”

Please' be waiting for me baby when I come around
We could make a lot of lovin' 'for the sun goes down

She sighed but didn’t cry.  Beka didn’t cry much.  “It’s just so hard for me to believe sometimes.  Things worked out the way you wanted to and that’s great.  You were used to that in your universe.  But for me, in mine, no.  Nothing ever seemed to ever work out the way I wanted it to.”

He hugged her close and she clung to him for dear life.  Finally they broke the embrace.  I’m so very sorry you had the life you did.  You so deserved better.  But you have it now and so the past no longer matters.”

She had to laugh.  “I wouldn’t go that far.  We had a long, hard road to get here and I’m including my Flash relapses.”

He shrugged.  “It wasn’t that long a road, even though it was hard.  And you slipped and had a relapse.  So, what?  It happens.  From what I learned about addiction in Andromeda’s files, it happens quite a lot.  So, what?  The important thing is you didn’t die.  You could have, you know.  And that would have made this universe that much a poorer place.”

She just stared at him.  “Y-you really mean that?”

“Yeah, I do.  Why are you so surprised?  I made that poor a showing of how much I love you?”

She shook her head.  “No, it’s not that.  It isn’t you, it’s me.  I just can hardly believe someone as wonderful and awesome as you loves someone like me.”

“Well, you’d better get used to it because it’s true.”

Thinkin' of you's workin' up an appetite
Looking forward to a little afternoon delight
Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite
And the thought of rubbin' you is getting so exciting

She sighed again.  “O.K.  I will.”

“Just like that?”

“Yeah.  Well, no.  I can’t promise I won’t still get insecure at times.  My past and all, as you’ve said.  But it won’t be you and I won’t give into it.”

“I know you won’t because of who you are.  You’re a strong woman, Beka Valentine.”

She snorted.  “If I was I wouldn’t have relapsed.”

“That’s not your fault.  Addiction is a disease, just like Triglum Measles.  It’s not your fault you have it; it’s Sid’s.”

She shook her head.  “Then I took it later of my own free will.”

He shrugged.  “Yeah, that was bad.  But it still doesn’t change the facts that you were started on it against your will.”

“I suppose.”

“Stop arguing with me, Beka.  You know I’m right.”

“Oh, I do, do I?”

“Yes.”

“Fine.  I give”   She gave him a kiss which he returned and they resumed snuggling.

Sky rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight

“I suppose we’d better get back.”  Beka sighed.

“Do we have to?”

“I don’t know.  You’re the captain of this ship.  Do we?”

Dylan laughed.  “Point taken.  I think not.  Things are pretty peaceful now.”

“Surprisingly.”

“Yes, but they are.”

“So.”

“So, I think we can continue with our day off.  I’m hungry.”

“O.K.  We can get some food.”

“I’m not hungry for that.”  He leered at her.

She laughed.  “You’re bad.  But we really should eat.  We can come back to this later.”  She moved suggestively.

“All right.  Let’s get to it then.”

The End.
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

#2 DaveW

DaveW
  • Islander
  • 896 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

Nice!

Which version of the song did Harper have - Starland Vocal Band's pop chart version or the  Country charts one by Johnny Carver?

#3 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,317 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

The first one.  I didn't even know there was a country version.  Wow!  Thanks for telling me.
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

#4 DaveW

DaveW
  • Islander
  • 896 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

Your'e welcome.  I was listening to country at that time so that was the version that comes to my mind first.

#5 Duke Jr

Duke Jr
  • Islander
  • 7,020 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:37 PM

Sweet! And also well written.
Posted Image Come see the   Beka Writer's Community .  Readers and Writers welcome!!!  Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users