Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: Witch Hunt

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.5 The Wicked Witch

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

Spoilers
5963_624076390981192_1925381032_n.jpg

Emma and Regina team up to find out who's responsible for the new curse.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

Too many moments in this one!

Well we know some of who was returned to Storybrooke and the one I was sure wasn't returned was Regina.  I thought Zelena would have chosen to leave Regina behind, to send back all who care about her and she cares about to make her suffer but I was wrong.

Instead I'm worried about Zelena's  interest in Snow's baby :unsure:  Wondering about Aurora's baby as well for some reason.

Regina and Zelena are sisters??!!  

Zelena was Rumple's student before Regina?

The Wicked Witch is turning townsfolk into flying monkey?

Loved the line about the difference between the Wicked Witches of the East and West....but don't think Zelena will be that easy to deal with.

And I admit that I squealed when I saw who Zelena has  captive! Wondering how she accomplished that and more than a bit worried about how she brought him back and if she's treating him as her own pet monkey/ Dark One

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#3 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostTricia, on 17 March 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

And I admit that I squealed when I saw who Zelena has  captive! Wondering how she accomplished that and more than a bit worried about how she brought him back and if she's treating him as her own pet monkey/ Dark One

So did I.  I am so happy Rumple is back, and that his return doesn't stretch the storytelling to the point of breaking.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#4 Alica

Alica

Seek serenity, and if you can't find it, seek cupcakes

• 1,633 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

eee! Realistically I knew Rumple would be back (they wouldn't kill him permanently he's too awesome) but I'm so happy that they didn't drag it out and he's back already! Loved his little mad turn, Robert Carlyle is a fantastic actor.

Another solid ep. Surely the key to curing Regina is going to be convincing Henry, not some memory potion. And I totally called Little John turning into a monkey from the second Hook said he hadn't seen a bite like that before. I should have figured out the sister thing sooner, but hey at least I wasn't as dense as Regina about it :) I love how they're constantly turning fairy tales on their head. And I love how Oz is a fairytale in The Enchanted Forest too!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.
Posted Image

#5 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

• Nice to see Red again for a couple scenes :) Lot of old faces popped up actually, nice to see the town people again in general :)

Edited by sierraleone, 17 March 2014 - 05:11 PM.

- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#6 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

^^^^ I know that I really liked seeing those faces. :)

Was wondering about Mulan especially with seeing so much of Robin Hood and his band but the actress has been busy with Believe

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#7 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,521 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

It was nice to see Ruby again, as well as Doctor Whale and some others.  I wasn't surprised to see Rumpy return, but I didn't expect him to be resurrected by the Wicked Witch.  Nor did I expect the Wicked Witch to be Regina's sister.

I like how this half-season is structured.  The flashbacks will slowly catch up to the main story and explain the mystery of why the Wicked Witch recreated the curse, why she is hiding among the townspeople, and what her interest is in Snow's baby.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#8 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

I wonder if Baelfire is in Storybrooke .... as a flying monkey ;)

I assume Rumple spent some time in Oz looking for ways to find Baelfire.

I wonder if Zelena's interest in Snow's baby is similar to Rumple's in Emma. Rumple used Emma, the first 'product' of true love to bring an end to the curse.

The thing is is that Zelena was jealous of Regina. Regina was raised by both of her parents, both who loved her (even if her mother was twisted, she still loved her daughter). On top of that Regina was raised in privilege. She had an education in magic from two experts. She ended up marrying into royalty. Even if Zelena is not seeing that Regina didn't want all that, or what it cost Regina, Zelena is only seeing what she herself did not have. And then this girl, Regina, who already seemingly had everything, got to set a curse to dictate the universe she lived in to be completely as desired. I can see why Zelena thinks Regina spoiled ;)

Zelena has Gold... did she get him to create a new curse and/or the old curse? If so, how does the town forgetting the last year play into her plans for getting what she wants?

ETA - while Zelena has Gold at the moment, we don't actually know she brought him back to life.... Maybe Regina was loosing and she or Bael did something to bring back Gold to try to win against Zelena and she ended up capturing him. Who knows.

Zelena said to Regina that she hadn't taken everything away from Regina... Don't know why that is her goal other than sibling rivalry ;) I'd would have guessed that she would have went for Henry... How the heck does going after Snow's baby help her unless it is an intermediate step? I can't imagine that what Zelena truly wanted was to have the town forget everything... unless she just wants to be integrated into the town's people like one big happy family :D Maybe that is what she realized Regina had and decided she wanted it ;) Though I have trouble believing she is that into midwifery ;)

Edited by sierraleone, 17 March 2014 - 08:13 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#9 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

Well I too was surprised that Zelena is Regina's sister and that Rumple is back, but it was great seeing Emma and Regina working together. Most of the dialogue felt alittle stilted to me, I can't quite place why.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,521 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

View Postsierraleone, on 17 March 2014 - 07:54 PM, said:

Though I have trouble believing she is that into midwifery ;)  
Maybe she wants to be mayor.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#11 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 18 March 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

View Postsierraleone, on 17 March 2014 - 07:54 PM, said:

Though I have trouble believing she is that into midwifery ;)  
Maybe she wants to be mayor.  :lol:

Unless she is currently vying for Snow's vote, I have trouble seeing that being her ultimate goal :D Honestly, what has being Mayor done for Regina for quite a long while anyways :) Never seen her use her mayoral powers for anything significant, and even if she did she would now have to depend on non-cursed towns people to support her in administering those mayoral decrees, assuming she was doing it legally with administrative power/authority/bureaucracy instead of with magic ;) What, did Regina have fun not giving people approval for their forms, for what? Zoning, building permits, liquor licences, what? :D And no one seem overly concerned about it yet either, so the impact of Regina being mayor must not mean much... makes sense, her magic being a bigger concern if used against them ;)

- Masha Gessen

#12 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,521 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

She sees it as a stepping stone to the White House.  :cool:  :D

#13 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

^ :D President Zelena ?

Wonder how Regina/Snow/Charming (and other assorted royalty, whether by birth-right or other reasons) would feel about an actual election :D I wonder who else make a good leader and who the town's people would actually look to for leadership besides the royals anyways, if such a thing were to happen? Besides Emma of course ;)

Edited by sierraleone, 19 March 2014 - 07:19 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#14 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,521 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

That could make a pretty good story arc.  The characters learn about democracy and want to have elections.  :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.5, The Wicked Witch

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users