Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: The Tower

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.5 The Wicked Witch

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

Spoilers

1977367_623794391009392_242079464_n.jpg

While Emma, Regina, David and Hook continue their search for the WW, Zelenda plans a nasty surprise for David.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

An excellent ep. I really iked the idea of David and Rapunzel fighting their own fears. And no that Zelenda has a symbol of courage, I guess that means that she'll be going after intelligence, heart and home as well.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#3 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

I wonder where the tower and food and supplies came from.  Perhaps we're looking at a guest appearance by the Dharma Initiative.

I liked Rapunzel, but the story felt anticlimactic.  I wonder if she will be an ongoing character in the "lost year."
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#4 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

I'm just not sure what Zelena is doing, why she cursed the Enchanted Forests folks back to Storybrooke.

Why she gave Charming the root to make him confront his fear... unless she wanted him to fail?

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

I think it was to get his courage into the sword so that she could steal it.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 Alica

Alica

Seek serenity, and if you can't find it, seek cupcakes

• 1,633 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

I'm not sure where I stand on this episode. Yes, it was a good episode...but after the last two where lots happened, it felt like a bit of a filler. Yes, we had two important points (Wicked Witch stealing Charming's courage, and the gang discovering the WW has Rumplestiltskin) - but it felt like a lot of work to get there. I know they like shrouding things in mystery, but I want them to start explaining what the WW is actually after, rather than her cosying up to Snow and slipping stuff into tea. (btw...is that how you make tea in America? Pour the water in first then add the teabag??) Maybe it's cause so far the WW is pretty bland.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't feel it was a bad ep per se....more of a frustrating one.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.
Posted Image

#7 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

^^Maybe that's where I'm having a problem too.

Not being sure exactly what the WW is all about...besides being abandoned by Cora as an infant or child and having what sounds like a constantly drunk and possibly abusive father.  Not sure what exactly her motives are for cosying up to Snow.  

I guess we can't get something heavy-handed or obvious but I'm afraid I'm reading something ominous into the Snow sitatuation or maybe not reading it right at all.

This episode did feel like filler mostly..good but still filler.  Maybe a rest before what comes next from the previews.

But the scene with Zelena shaving Rumple and talking about her father (and cutting Rumple then using his blood to open the safe) was illuminating

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostTricia, on 25 March 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

But the scene with Zelena shaving Rumple and talking about her father (and cutting Rumple then using his blood to open the safe) was illuminating

Does anyone remember what happened when the first flying monkey attacked Regina in the Enchanted Forest?  It clawed her arm, then went back to Zelena, who put the blood from it's claw into a vial!  Then Regina is shocked that Zelena could open her crypt, because: "No one can get past blood magic!".  Well, maybe they can if they have a sample of your blood.

And the blood magic is the only reason that Regina believes the whole sister thing!  (Although she does know an awful lot about the family.)  But, seriously, what if none of it is true about them being sisters?  :eek:  Because why would she have needed that drop of Regina's blood if it was true?

I've been meaning to say all this since last week, because no-one else seems to be questioning Zelena's story.  But the thing with Rumple's blood and the safe kind of clinches it, don't you think?  :oh:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Well, I would think that whether they are truly sisters or not,  they are not the same person, not the same DNA , so Zelena's blood would not have unlocked Regina's vault when it was sealed by blood magic with Regina's blood.

But Zelena sure has learned how to get around the blood magic 'lock', hasn't she?  

I might have to rewatch last week's episode because I'm trying to think what Zelena said to convince Regina that they are sisters beyond her story.  I mean, Cora was a real piece of work as a mother but what exactly convinced Regina beyond Zelena's story?  Or did Regina really believe the story at all?

#10 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

That would be kind of funny if Regina weren't really her sister.  "Oh, wait, you're Regina?  I thought you were Rhianna.  My bad. Sorry.  See you later."  :D

View PostAlica, on 25 March 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

(btw...is that how you make tea in America? Pour the water in first then add the teabag??)
I don't know about anyone else, but I put the teabag in first.

#11 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

View PostTricia, on 25 March 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Well, I would think that whether they are truly sisters or not,  they are not the same person, not the same DNA , so Zelena's blood would not have unlocked Regina's vault when it was sealed by blood magic with Regina's blood.

But Zelena sure has learned how to get around the blood magic 'lock', hasn't she?  

I might have to rewatch last week's episode because I'm trying to think what Zelena said to convince Regina that they are sisters beyond her story.  I mean, Cora was a real piece of work as a mother but what exactly convinced Regina beyond Zelena's story?  Or did Regina really believe the story at all?

And that really makes me think - if she used the blood the monkey collected to undo Regina's blood lock - why does Zelena want to take everything away from Regina, if Regina is not the sister that got everything Zelena wanted? Is that to mislead Regina as to her true intentions (in the missing year anyways, everyone is ignorant of the WW now)? If they are sisters, than Cora must have been trying to really make up for abandoning Zelena - not saying she was a good mother ;) but she did everything she could to get Regina ahead, regardless of how little Regina wanted it.... So one could say it would be uncharacteristic of Cora to abandon her child. (Unless, like I said, she was making up for it with Regina, which I could easily see - in certain cultures hard to get yourself and your child ahead if the child was a bastard and/or the other parent was not in an able/willing position to assist.)

I liked the exploration of David's feelings about missing Emma growing up and such, it isn't explored as much as Snow's is.

I also enjoyed Regina's time with Henry. I wonder if Henry will stumble across a part of Storybrooke's mystery without someone intentionally revealing it. I figure most likely, when Zelena is cornered at some point, she'll use his ignorance against him... typically plot point in such situations ;)

I wonder what Gold's plans are now that he is out. And what the gang plan on doing with this information - are they going to tell Belle? Gold pretty much completely redeemed himself, but some are bound to be suspicious anyways. Even if he was held captive they don't know how he was brought back, what is state of mind is, and if it is even slightly not good, he can do a lot of damage. And did I catch a glimpses of a small upturn to one corner of Regina's lips in that scene?
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#12 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

If Zelena isn't Regina's sister, I'm sure she's related to someone on the show. The main plot movement on OUAT has always been to get more and more people attached to Henry's family tree. Better hope he never gets assigned that project in school!

I'm not a tea drinker but my mom always put the bag in first and then poured the water; I've seen others dip in the bag after the water is in the cup.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.5, The Wicked Witch

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users