KHC Gay Post Block on GMD

Gay Sex Free Speech

8 replies to this topic

#1 Psykopsyke

Psykopsyke
  • Islander
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

I posted about KHC being gay. I knew when I post it, it would make people uncomfortable, because talking about sex makes american uncomfortable. BUT instead of folks being allowed to talk about my post, the Moderator in his infinite wisdom and self-righteousness decided to locked it.

Whats the matter MOD can't handle sex?  So much for free speech.  You know what MOD that KHC talk could have went anywhere.  KHC is not old news to me.

Being a victim of %$#@$ happened to me and others years ago, and we still talk about *&^%$$ on Facebook now.

How dare you MOD!

This is my last post.  I'm done with Exisle.

Gonna miss reading, Entranced.

THE END!!!

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

Where are you getting your information?  Because as far as I know (though I admit I don't know everything) he hasn't made an announcement one way or the other.

The 'is he gay / is he not gay' debate has plagued Kieth's fandom for as long as I can remember.  And IMO it's a really stupid thing to argue about.  If he were to announce, one way or the other, it would be fine.  And not saying at all, is also fine.  But if he hasn't said one way or the other, then any conversation on the subject is nothing more than rumors.  And I don't presume to speak for everyone here, but personally I don't believe rumors (of this sort) belong on this site.

If you want to discuss something that has been officially announced somewhere, it would go over much better if you provide a link to where you read the information.  It is how we usually do things here anyway, so a post without a link is far more likely to be questioned as rumors or gossip.  So I am genuinely curious:  if you read this somewhere, I'd like to read it for myself (partly to judge the trustworthiness of the source myself).  :)

Another reason why the mod may have locked the thread, is because we try to avoid discussing the private lives of public figures.  That's not about being a prude, it's basic courtesy.

SFG  :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

Well and the other thing is "free speech" isn't always free.  Too many people assume that free speech means that you can say stuff and be consequence free, you are NEVER consequence free, say whatever you want but others may not like what you say and they can have their free speech.  Plus this is a private message board and you don't get free speech on private message boards.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#4 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

I'm not sure but this belong in Island Central (FKA AQG) , not OT, as well, it's not really an OT topic

and since you are not happy about the mod's decision ....

Edited by Tricia, 28 March 2014 - 05:56 PM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#5 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

moving to Island Central..... swoosh

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#6 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

That racist, sexist slur against KHC's fans might have had something to do with it.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#7 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:28 AM

Thanks Cait :)

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#8 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,617 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostNonny, on 28 March 2014 - 08:57 PM, said:

That racist, sexist slur against KHC's fans might have had something to do with it.

At the least, the comment seemed to beg for an enflamed response.  That is why I locked the thread.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#9 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostG-man, on 31 March 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

View PostNonny, on 28 March 2014 - 08:57 PM, said:

At the least, the comment seemed to beg for an enflamed response.  That is why I locked the thread.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Thank you.   :welldone:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gay, Sex, Free Speech

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users