Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: It's Not Easy Being Green

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.5 The Wicked Witch

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Spoilers

Zelena challenges Regina to a fight to the death.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

I'm glad teh Wizard of Oz didn't turn out to be James Franco. ;) And I'm glad that for once the slippers were silver instead of ruby red. I kind of thought that Regina would've put up more of a fight though and we learned who Zelenda wanted to get a heart from all she needs now ia brain.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:37 PM

O.M.G.!!!  Walsh!  Emma didn't just almost marry a flying monkey, she almost married The Wizard of Oz!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:  ROTFL!!

I loved the scenes between Hook and Henry, those were really touching. :humble:

So, apparently Zelena really is Regina's sister. I know I'm going to have more to say about that. :) Also, we don't know who her father is. :think:

And, Regina and Robin Hood really are meant for each other, aren't they?  :) I'm gonna have more to say about that too.

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 06 April 2014 - 11:41 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

Yep...wondering who Zelena's father was as the one she described was only her adoptive father.  

So Zelena literally turned green with jealousy/envy?  

Really loved Hook's scenes with Henry as he told him about Neal/Bae....was kind of funny when you think about the time/age thing as Neal and Hook look to be about the same age but Henry doesn't know they aren't

Melted when Regina asked Robin to keep her heart safe.  :love:

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#5 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,863 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

View PostDWF, on 06 April 2014 - 08:13 PM, said:

I'm glad teh Wizard of Oz didn't turn out to be James Franco. ;) And I'm glad that for once the slippers were silver instead of ruby red. I kind of thought that Regina would've put up more of a fight though and we learned who Zelenda wanted to get a heart from all she needs now ia brain.  
She's got Rumpy's brain.  ;)

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 06 April 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

O.M.G.!!!  Walsh!  Emma didn't just almost marry a flying monkey, she almost married The Wizard of Oz!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:  ROTFL!!  
I've been wondering if we'd see the Wizard and Dorothy, and now we've seen one of them-- can the other be far behind?  :unsure:

View PostTricia, on 07 April 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

So Zelena literally turned green with jealousy/envy?

I loved both of those things.  The writers must have been feeling especially corny this week.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#6 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

^^I was kind of thinking that Zelena with her optimism and wide eyed look going to see the Wizard might have been intended as Dorothy in this telling.

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#7 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

Really loved Hook's scenes with Henry as he told him about Neal/Bae....was kind of funny when you think about the time/age thing as Neal and Hook look to be about the same age but Henry doesn't know they aren't

Honestly, what is some 30 year age difference when they are both are a couple hundred years old? ;)
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#8 Alica

Alica

Seek serenity, and if you can't find it, seek cupcakes

• 1,633 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

So the Wicked Witch wants to rewrite the past. Well, you've got to give her points for ambition! She is a singularly unlikeable character though. Okay, so her adoptive father was a git to her, but rather than embracing her found family she went a bit "me me me!!!". Literally green with jealousy. Very corny but works in this situation. Also ironically that this time (as far as we've seen anyway), Regina didn't actually do anything wrong!

Also loving the Hook/Henry moments this week. Though shouldn't Henry have been a bit more curious about the women in the witch costume challenging someone to a duel in the diner?? Can't wait for Emma to tell Henry. And I mean tell him. I am praying that we don't get the "he finds out half the truth by himself and runs off putting himself in danger" storyline. If that happens I will be very irritated.

And Regina/Robin!! :love:
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.
Posted Image

#9 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

^ I'm pretty sure Henry left with Hook right before Zelena barged in. He must have, because that would have been impossible to explain.

She wasn't just a crazy lady with a dagger, she said some very revealing things.  Like telling Emma "listen to your mother", while pointing to Snow.

If Henry had been there, he would have learned way too much to ignore.  So he must have already left with Hook.

SFG. :)
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#10 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

I'd have to rewatch it but I'm pretty sure Henry and Hook had already headed for the boat

I really loved the Robin and Regina scenes!

#11 Alica

Alica

Seek serenity, and if you can't find it, seek cupcakes

• 1,633 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

^Thanks. I just rewatched it and you're right. Some people were sat in the booth on the right hand side and I just assumed it was Hook & Henry, but no it was some random people. Darn assumptions!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.
Posted Image

#12 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,863 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostTricia, on 07 April 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

^^I was kind of thinking that Zelena with her optimism and wide eyed look going to see the Wizard might have been intended as Dorothy in this telling.  
Hmm.  Dorothy and the Wicked Witch as the same person?  Well, it wouldn't be the first time they combined characters.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#13 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:36 PM

View PostAlica, on 08 April 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

And Regina/Robin!! :love:

Can't be said enough, they're too adorable!  :love:

The thief can't steal what she's already given him.  Daaawwwwwwww!

And she seemed to care about him just as much after she removed her heart.  Maybe because it was still in her hand, and then she gave it to him.  But more likely because their bond is that deep.  :)

The scene with the letter was amazing too.  Normally it is not in her nature to let her guard down, to allow herself to be vulnerable, or to share her feelings.  But that moment came so easily to her.  He treats her with the just the right mixture of respect and kindness, to instantly put her at ease.  Normally she would fight kicking and screaming before sharing something that personal, but she was so comfortable in this scene, she already trusts him completely.  :happy:

Again, the best possible sappy awwwww!  :love:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#14 Raijin

Raijin
  • Islander
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

So is this going to be another villain eventually redeemed?

#15 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Some other random  thoughts:

1) There is something Robin Hood said that seems isolated enough, but given the timing, still makes me go "hmm".  He said "I'm a pickpocket by trade, I spent many years learning how to rob from magicians".  As a stand-alone comment, it makes total sense: magicians and pickpockets use the exact same tricks of misdirection and sleight of hand.  But a line like that in the same episode that introduced the Wizard of Oz, who is not a wizard but instead a magician who is pretending, still makes me go "hmm".  I have no idea what it could mean, it's just something I noticed.

2) And here is an unconnected thought about Walsh, the Wizard.  He had the slippers before he gave them to Zelena, could he use them himself?  If he could, he may have already traveled to other lands, including the Enchanted Forest.  This would imply that he chose to stay in OZ, and that he had no wish to return home.

Although it is also possible that he could not use the slippers himself, maybe because the user needs to have some magical ability in the first place.  If that is the case, then any Dorothy in this version must have some potential for magic, which certainly seems possible given the rest of the universe.

Of course it could be much simpler than that: maybe only women can use them? They are women's shoes after all.  ;)

Also, where are the slippers now?

3)  Rumple decided in the past that Zelena couldn't cast the curse, because he couldn't have her sacrificing what she loved most (ie: Rumple).  Which begs the question: how did Zelena enact the curse they are stuck in now, what did she sacrifice to do it?  Or did she make someone else enact the curse?  :think:

Food for thought!  :D

SFG  :harper:

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 10 April 2014 - 11:37 AM.

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#16 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,863 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostRaijin, on 10 April 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

So is this going to be another villain eventually redeemed?  
Sure looks that way.  At least it's better than having a good guy go bad.

View PostSci-Fi Girl, on 10 April 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

1) There is something Robin Hood said that seems isolated enough, but given the timing, still makes me go "hmm".  He said "I'm a pickpocket by trade, I spent many years learning how to rob from magicians".  As a stand-alone comment, it makes total sense: magicians and pickpockets use the exact same tricks of misdirection and sleight of hand.  But a line like that in the same episode that introduced the Wizard of Oz, who is not a wizard but instead a magician who is pretending, still makes me go "hmm".  I have no idea what it could mean, it's just something I noticed.
Good catch.  Given how interconnected all the characters are, you're probably right.

Of course it could be much simpler than that: maybe only women can use them? They are women's shoes after all.  ;)  
Sexist magic!  :mad:

3)  Rumple decided in the past that Zelena couldn't cast the curse, because he couldn't have her sacrificing what she loved most (ie: Rumple).  Which begs the question: how did Zelena enact the curse they are stuck in now, what did she sacrifice to do it?  Or did she make someone else enact the curse?  :think:  
Good question.  Maybe she did the same thing Regina did.

#17 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

Some other random  thoughts:
2) And here is an unconnected thought about Walsh, the Wizard.  He had the slippers before he gave them to Zelena, could he use them himself?  If he could, he may have already traveled to other lands, including the Enchanted Forest.  This would imply that he chose to stay in OZ, and that he had no wish to return home.

Although it is also possible that he could not use the slippers himself, maybe because the user needs to have some magical ability in the first place.  If that is the case, then any Dorothy in this version must have some potential for magic, which certainly seems possible given the rest of the universe.

Maybe Oz was the safest place for a faux-wizard, as far as he knew at the time. Considering he was collecting magical objects perhaps he used the slippers to help collect the magical objects. And before the wizard or magic-object-holder could curse/knife him dead he clicked his heels for Oz ;)

Also, where are the slippers now?

Maybe :D Though men/women fashion is arbitrary ;) I can imagine that if he did go on quests that his shoe attire would have been very memorable.... Maybe he gave the shoes to Zelena hoping she wouldn't come back, considering she easily bested him. Perhaps magical ability is few and far between in Oz. She did fall out of the sky :)

As Gold says, there is always a price. But it isn't necessarily the same price, especially since we can't be completely sure it was the exact same curse. Memory loss and moving realms, but they didn't get new identities. Though the parameters of Storeybrook was basically whatever Regina wanted, so perhaps this is what Zelena wanted, to buy some time to get the ingredients for her curse to time travel/change history.

Edited by sierraleone, 10 April 2014 - 07:17 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#18 sierraleone

sierraleone

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 10 April 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

Good question.  Maybe she did the same thing Regina did.

Do you mean/are you suggesting Zelena killed her father? I assume you don't mean adopted father, however that would require finding her biological father and actual coming to love him. Doing that while planning to kill him seems a little cold, not to mention hard to do ;) Though I am sure there is more backstory for us to learn about Zelena. I wonder how long since Gold cancelled her studies? Between that and Regina enacting the curse at least. Then add, what, 31ish years?

Edited by sierraleone, 10 April 2014 - 07:21 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#19 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:52 AM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 10 April 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

Sexist magic!  :mad:

You did see the wink smiley, right? :)  I was (mostly) joking!  :hehe:

View Postsierraleone, on 10 April 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

Maybe :D Though men/women fashion is arbitrary ;) I can imagine that if he did go on quests that his shoe attire would have been very memorable....

LOL!  Now there's an image!  :lol:

View Postsierraleone, on 10 April 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

As Gold says, there is always a price. But it isn't necessarily the same price, especially since we can't be completely sure it was the exact same curse. Memory loss and moving realms, but they didn't get new identities. Though the parameters of Storeybrook was basically whatever Regina wanted, so perhaps this is what Zelena wanted, to buy some time to get the ingredients for her curse to time travel/change history.

It seems like the same curse, but I suppose it could be a slightly different one.  Though when Pan cast his version of the same curse he had to do the same thing, sacrifice the heart of the one he loved most.  He just got away with sacrificing his loyal servant.  Which seemed like a cop-out to me, that kid was nothing more than a pawn to him, just like everyone else.  :shrug:

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#20 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

It's almost more like you sacrifice the thing that loves you the most (Felix, Regina's dad Henry), although if that were really the case, Rumple wouldn't have been wary of Zelena's obsessive crush on him.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.5, The Wicked Witch

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users