Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: The Jolly Roger

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.5 The Wicked Witch

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

Spoilers

Ariel returns to Storybrookr to ask Hook's help in finding Prince Eric.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

Except that it was Zelena in disguise  in order to fool Killian into stealing Emma's magic with a kiss

Of course she made other threats to Emma's family

Makes me wonder how strong Emma's magic is that Zelena is worried about her.

Otherwise, I loved seeing Hook take on Blackbeard and win, of course.  He can't hide how he feels about Emma and everyone knows it.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#3 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,603 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

So ... is it me, or is Captain Hook(?) played by the guy who played Bat Manuel on The Tick?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#4 Alica

Alica

Seek serenity, and if you can't find it, seek cupcakes

• 1,633 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

^I have no idea what that is, so no. IMDB?

So. Zelena is seriously annoying me now. Yeah you can be all evil and sh!t, but you start messing with my OTP's and I get irritated ;) seriously though, why do people on tv NEVER TELL PEOPLE ANYTHING? Look, Zelena is scared of Emma Swan. Hook pointed it out and Zelana pretty much admitted it. So if he thinks Emma (or Emma + Regina) can't do anything about that curse, he's dumb. Dumb dumb dumb.

Loved the episode before that though. Of course I am pretty much in love with Colin O'Donoghue and lots of Hook screentime is a winner in my eyes, but I loved the story from the year out. Hook trying to return to his bad ass self, and realising he's changed. And also clearly substituting his ship for Emma. It was clear the Jolly Roger would be the key to defeating Blackbeard. I hope we get more of Ariel though. I'd love to see Hook admit that he's sorry for real. But at least she did find Prince Eric :)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.
Posted Image

#5 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

Joanna Garcia Swisher who plays Ariel is in The Astronauts Wives Club but it is on ABC so should not be that difficult to get her for more OUAT guest shots.

I was happy that they gave her a happily ever after with Eric

I really like Regina's teaching methods ;)

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#6 Avalon

Avalon
  • Islander
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostG-man, on 14 April 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

So ... is it me, or is Captain Hook(?) played by the guy who played Bat Manuel on The Tick?

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Nope. Nestor Carbonell played Batmanuel (and then played the mayor in THE DARK KNIGHT and THE DARK KNIGHT RISES).

Colin O'Donoghue plays Hook.

#7 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostAlica, on 14 April 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

Of course I am pretty much in love with Colin O'Donoghue and lots of Hook screentime is a winner in my eyes,

Agreed!  :D :love:   I won't get a chance to see this ep for another couple days, but here's a sweet picture I posted a few months ago.  Colin O’Donoghue on set with a fan.  Awww!  :love:

Colin O’Donoghue with a fan on the sets of Once Upon a Time - tumblr_mvim7zJI1C1qdkyqio1_500.png

Isn't that adorable?  :love: :love:  :love:

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#8 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

View PostAvalon, on 14 April 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

Nope. Nestor Carbonell played Batmanuel (and then played the mayor in THE DARK KNIGHT and THE DARK KNIGHT RISES).

Can't mix up the guy-liner dudes!  LOL!  :lol:  ;)

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 14 April 2014 - 05:34 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#9 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,784 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

Aw, poor Hook.  The love of his life is finally starting to warm up to him and now he's got a cursed kiss.  This will undoubtedly raise his stock as a tragic Romantic hero.  :lol:  He sure did go hardcore for a while back in the Enchanted Forest, though.

And Emma-- the Force is strong in this one.  I wonder if this is why Zelena wants Snow's baby.  Maybe she figures that baby will have the power, too.  I've wondered in the past if Emma is still the Saviour-- since this is a new curse, maybe the new baby is the new Saviour.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#10 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

Forgot to say that I loved the 'putting together the crib' scene at the beginning.

I remember those days and me crying from sheer frustration. :D (I can laugh now but back then....no)

Not sure why Charming thought it would be a great idea and make him cool to let Henry drive his truck on Main Street  It turned out too be fun...for them....but I cringed and don't remember Emma's reaction to that news but Regina was properly shocked but covered it nicely but I was sure she was freaking out. No one hurt but the mailbox and  a few years off that other driver's life but so not cool...to me anyway

(I've got beginning drivers here trying to learn and would NEVER try to give a lesson down Main Street.  It's bad enough on my nerves to teach them to drive down very very quiet country roads)

#11 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

Forgot to say that I loved the 'putting together the crib' scene at the beginning.

I kept thinking, "Emma, now is the time to find your magic and put that thing together without wrenches or directions."

Nothing succeeds like excess.

#12 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,603 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostTricia, on 15 April 2014 - 06:07 AM, said:

I remember those days and me crying from sheer frustration. :D (I can laugh now but back then....no)

Not sure why Charming thought it would be a great idea and make him cool to let Henry drive his truck on Main Street  It turned out too be fun...for them....but I cringed and don't remember Emma's reaction to that news but Regina was properly shocked but covered it nicely but I was sure she was freaking out. No one hurt but the mailbox and  a few years off that other driver's life but so not cool...to me anyway

(I've got beginning drivers here trying to learn and would NEVER try to give a lesson down Main Street.  It's bad enough on my nerves to teach them to drive down very very quiet country roads)

Parking lots are another good area to get some practice for new drivers.  They can learn the basics, and how to be aware of pedestrians and surprises ... and generally everything is moving slow enough that nothing catastrophic ought to occur ;)

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#13 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,603 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

View PostAvalon, on 14 April 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself

They look, and sound, so much alike ... must be the beard :angelnot:

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
-- Doc Savage

#14 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,784 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

View PostG-man, on 15 April 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

Parking lots are another good area to get some practice for new drivers.  They can learn the basics, and how to be aware of pedestrians and surprises ... and generally everything is moving slow enough that nothing catastrophic ought to occur ;)
I learned in a parking lot on a Sunday-- there were no other cars there.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#15 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

I rather liked Regina's mock anger at Henry's driving and I loved her "Un-charmings" line. But I have to wonder why Zelenda would be afraid of Emma's magic and not Ragina's.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.5, The Wicked Witch

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users