Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: Bleeding Through

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.5 The Wicked Witch

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

Spoilers

Regina casts a spell to contact Cora and find out why she abandoned Zelena.

Edited by DWF, 21 April 2014 - 06:30 PM.

The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:09 AM

Well sierraleone, it looks like one of the scenarios you imagined is what almost happened (the cuckold scenario).  Good call!  :cool:  I wouldn't have considered Leopold though, but I guess I probably should have.  :think:

So baby Zelena conjured that world-jumping cyclone all by herself?  :oh:  Yikes!  :eek:

And clearly Rumple is not the father!  :lol:  Otherwise that would have been a very ... unfortunate scene near the end!  :fear:  :o

Emma is having way too much fun with her magic!  Stealing Hook's hook!  :howling: :howling: :howling:

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 21 April 2014 - 01:10 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#3 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:34 AM

And I forgot to say:  Regina has really come far, hasn't she?  :)

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 21 April 2014 - 01:48 AM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#4 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:55 AM

I have to say that I was so proud of Regina....she really has come a long way. And that kiss she laid on Robin.... :love:

I don't like that Cora and thus Zelena lay the blame on Eva.  Yes, Eva told Leopold what she overheard but the choice to give up Zelena was still Cora's because she had to abandon her child to give Cora her own best chance....not Zelena's best chance but Cora's.

I'm having a lot of trouble with that issue because she abandoned her baby for her own social climbing/quest to become royal, not to get the better life for Zelena.  (and Regina can tell her that Cora as a mom wasn't such a great thing) But it's always someone else's fault when Cora and her daughters dug their own hole.

Besides....unless Zelena planned to kill her bio dad, the truth likely would have come out about who really was the dad.  He was blackmailing her and that would not have stopped.  He would have continued to make more and more demands and threats until the truth came out and that pain would have been worse if she had gotten used to being Leopold's child only to have it snatched away someday.

Loved Rumple trying to retrieve the dagger even if he failed.  

I think Emma is trying to use her magic to cheer Hook up because she's bound to have  noticed he's not acting quite like his normal self around her

ETA---Eva may have been a bit of a brat but haven't really seen her as ever having been truly malicious yet.

Edited by Tricia, 21 April 2014 - 09:58 AM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#5 Alica

Alica

Seek serenity, and if you can't find it, seek cupcakes

• 1,633 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

Yes, Eva probably shouldn't have snitched, but Cora had the chance to tell the truth to Leopold. She might still have lost him, but she would have had the chance to tell her side. As things stood, she just made it far too easy for Eva to drive a wedge between them. And I agree with Tricia; even if Eva hadn't overheard I don't think the secret would have stayed hidden forever.

So the OUAT family tree links gets ever more complicated....Leapold dated Cora and Regina. Now that's just creepy...especially as Cora set up Regina with Leopold. Ewwwwwwww!!

Regina and Robin at the end :love: so happy about that pairing!

Loved that Emma totally knows there's something up with Hook, now he's not being all flirty anymore. I reiterate: just. tell. him!

Also loved Rumple trying to get the dagger. He knows that going back in time is not going to work out....
ETA: Also loved that he respects Bae's sacrifice. Bae believed he could defeat Zelena, so that is Rumple's goal. It's nice to see that Rumple hasn't regressed back to only caring about himself.

Also, just thinking. If Zelena needs Snow's child to go back in time to kill Eva....isn't that a total paradox? Or is that *why* the baby is needed...to be the centre of the paradox?

Second ETA: where the heck was Henry this episode??

Edited by Alica, 21 April 2014 - 11:08 AM.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.
Posted Image

#6 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostAlica, on 21 April 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Loved that Emma totally knows there's something up with Hook, now he's not being all flirty anymore. I reiterate: just. tell. him!

I agree!  Tell her...might make him even more interesting to her because a kiss would be so dangerous....and tempting...when it would carry those consequences!

Also loved Rumple trying to get the dagger. He knows that going back in time is not going to work out....
ETA: Also loved that he respects Bae's sacrifice. Bae believed he could defeat Zelena, so that is Rumple's goal. It's nice to see that Rumple hasn't regressed back to only caring about himself.

I think we all know that going back to change time is not going to turn out well for anyone....most of all Zelena if she truly thinks that it will make it all turn out better.  (or maybe I've read enough time travel novels of all sorts to realize that fact??)

Also, just thinking. If Zelena needs Snow's child to go back in time to kill Eva....isn't that a total paradox? Or is that *why* the baby is needed...to be the centre of the paradox?

Second ETA: where the heck was Henry this episode??

I don't think we even had a throw-away line telling us...before he was having a tour of the town and then Hook took him out on the boat to keep him occupied but no mention of him and the 'keep Henry busy' stuff. Maybe Granny was teaching him to cook or the dwarves were taking him on a tour of the mines? ;)  At least Zelena has not made him one of her flying monkeys

BTW I could see how much Rumple hated  threatening Robin's son. If I already didn't dislike Zelena, I would for making Rumple her unwilling puppet.

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#7 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

This was a nice ep. Ireally liked Snow and Regina bonded and finally seem to have buried their hactchet. Hook does seem to be lost and without Neal it's odd that he's not making a move on Emma. And Rose MacGowan made a beautiful young Cora.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,799 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Well, it looks like both Regina and Rumpy are thoroughly rehabilitated at this point-- it's like having Londo Mollari and Spike both on the same show.  :lol:  I wonder if it will just be forgotten that they are both mass murderers, or if the show will ever deal with it at some point.

And poor mopy Hook-- from pirate to bad boy to tragic romantic figure.  He can do no wrong with the ladies.  :D
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#9 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Well, he's not making a move on Emma simply because Zelena cursed him so that if he kisses her, he'll wipe out her her magic.  Even made some threats to keep him from telling her if I remember right but then threatened that if he does not that she will hurt her family.

Definitely between a rock and a hard place and no way to win until someone figures out how break this particular curse

But Emma's got to be wondering what's going on that Hook's not flirting with her

#10 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

View PostTricia, on 21 April 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

Well, he's not making a move on Emma simply because Zelena cursed him so that if he kisses her, he'll wipe out her her magic.  Even made some threats to keep him from telling her if I remember right but then threatened that if he does not that she will hurt her family.

Definitely between a rock and a hard place and no way to win until someone figures out how break this particular curse

But Emma's got to be wondering what's going on that Hook's not flirting with her

Neal's been gone for several weeks now and the curse is recent. But then for that matter he should be honsest with her about the curse as well.

#11 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:40 AM

That's what I thought...and so did Alica.

Tell her!  How hard can that talk be?  "Zelena cursed my kiss so it will steal your magic and though I really really want to kiss you....I can't"  (okay it sounds like some kind of line) :rolleyes:

#12 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

View PostDWF, on 21 April 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

Hook does seem to be lost and without Neal it's odd that he's not making a move on Emma.

View PostDWF, on 21 April 2014 - 06:57 PM, said:

Neal's been gone for several weeks now and the curse is recent.

It would be pretty tacky to ask her out mere days after her ex's funeral.  Give her a little time to grieve!  And don't forget, he's grieving as well.

Besides, up until the cursed kiss, he's been flirting pretty shamelessly.  It's not like she doesn't know he's interested!  ;)

SFG

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#13 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,604 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

Of course, she just might think he's no longer interested since he stopped flirting :eek:

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#14 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

Emma didn't seem to even notice that Hook had been eyeing her, she needed Regina to tall her. Still he should tell her about the curse, it's always hard to believe in a person's love for somebody else if they can't be honest with them. Somehow I can see Emma kissing him by accident, that might even the cliffhanger.

#15 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

If Zelena herself goes back in time to kill Eva before her birth, she wouldn't have any reason to go back in time if she succeeds. I guess they'll invoke the branching timeline theory but these potential paradoxes still make my head hurt.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#16 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,799 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

^^  Well, in this show time travel would be accomplished by magic, so they can just say that the spell takes care of any paradoxes.

View PostTricia, on 21 April 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

Well, he's not making a move on Emma simply because Zelena cursed him so that if he kisses her, he'll wipe out her her magic.  
I know, but it still makes him a tragic romantic figure. Denied the one he loves.  Especially since she now seems to be warming up to him.
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#17 Tricia

Tricia

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

^^^Hook and Emma currently remind me of that situation where one half of the couple suddenly stops pursuing or flirting with the other and it makes them suddenly more attractive.  Emma doesn't know what is up with him and now she gets playful with her magic.

Yep  he should just tell her before she plants a big ol kiss on him.

But then again maybe if it's true love's kiss, Zelena's curse can be overcome still

Tragic hero...Okay I'm a Killian Jones fan bigtime.  Between him and Robin Hood this season ...constant swoon

(and why do I have that old song The Shoop Shoop Song aka It's in His Kiss stuck in my head) :rolleyes:

Edited by Tricia, 22 April 2014 - 08:07 PM.

#18 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

I enjoyed the episode.  But now we are going to get Glenda the good witch of the north, why she said she can't do anything,  Is she going to turn out to be related to Regina and Zelenna also Okay where's Oz he is probably the only one to help them or the tin man, lion I bet we see Dorothy soon Lol!!!

#19 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 22,634 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

Okay where's Oz

We already met him in Zelena's flashback. She turned him into the flying monkey who reassumed his human form to romance Emma in NYC as Walsh.
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#20 innocentone

innocentone

Here to the next generation

• Forever Missed
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

You know you are right Cardie,  I remember that Lol!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.5, The Wicked Witch

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users