• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:06 AM

Now that's just completely stupid. Why would gun enthusiasts not want a gun that children can't fire and accidentally kill themselves or someone else? Why would they not want guns that burglars can't use against them?

These gun nutjobs enthusiasts are just as bad as the world ender nutjobs Doomsdayers.

Though sometimes I think they're one and the same.

#22 FarscapeOne

FarscapeOne
  • Islander
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

I think the main problem is that radio signals and electronics can be blocked by other devices.  Personally, I wouldn't want my weapon disabled by some gadget.  Plus, criminals will not use these safety guns, they'll use whatever ones don't have this feature from the black market, if all guns from now on are made this way.

That being said, it IS a good idea in terms of less accidental discharges by kids and so forth.

Plus, the whole threatening issue is not right at all.  Can't they be prosecuted if they sent these people emails and voicemails?  That's proof, right?

Edited by FarscapeOne, 05 May 2014 - 08:42 AM.

#23 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

^^I would think so as far as proof because even if they didn't use their real names, there is the ISP issue.  

Not that people seem to care that there are consequences to their words even when they use their real names as I've noticed when reading comments on news sites etc.  I'm not sure if they just don't care or if they think that what happens on the internet happens in a void.  (those folks who post videos of their own criminal acts for example)

Some people won't care until the police actually show up at their door and cuff'em

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#24 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:42 AM

That's an incredibly good idea. It would keep children from accidentally killing themselves by picking up Daddy's gun. If parents were bound and determined to have a gun in the house they could each have their own. If they kill each other, that's their problem. I don't talk much about how I feel about gun control because when I was in first grade a friend's mother went into the bathroom and blew her brains out while we were playing in the yard. Thank goodness a neighbor got there at light speed so we didn't see the end result. It's very unusual for women to kill themselves with guns, but in the 50's pills weren't so easy to get. A toxic alcohol level takes a lot of determination.

Edited by Rhea, 10 May 2014 - 02:46 AM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NRA

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users