Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Once Upon A Time: Snow Drifts/There's No Place Like Home

Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time: Season 3 Once Upon a Time: Season 3.5 The Wicked Witch Frozen

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

Okay, I am now up to date and will be reviewing seasons 2 and 3 shortly, and then will be joining in the discussions from here on in.

That having been said, I want to post my 'Elsa for season 4' theory here, because I genuinely would like to see it happen, and I want an 'I knew it' moment if I'm right,

I think Elsa is going to be very close to the Elsa from the end of Frozen. A morally conflicted and misunderstood hero, not a villain. Why? Because Rumple at the height of his powers and at the height of his corruption as the Dark One told Emma and Hook that it was a vault for the darkest of magics. What would a Dark One fear more  than anything else? A 'good' Elsa at the hight of her power, who has essentially weaponised love in ice form.

What else would the Dark One fear most?

Anyway, loved the finale. More soon.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#22 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostRJDiogenes, on 18 May 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

I'll see Frozen before the season premiere.  :D

If you get it from the library RJ, you might have to go incognito.  ;)  I ordered it from the library a couple months ago (after this conversation), and it just came in.  The guy at the library who always chats while he is checking out my items, paused in the middle of scanning, held up Frozen and said "Wait a minute.  Really?!?"  :lol:  

The only thing I could say was "Sometimes, you just have to see what everybody's talking about!"  :lol:  LOL!

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#23 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,709 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

Wow.  Highly inappropriate.  :lol:

I'll be watching it on On Demand, so hopefully I won't get any equivalent feedback from Comcast.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#24 Virgil Vox

Virgil Vox
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

Surprised that the guy said that to you. Plenty of adults love Disney movies, and it was one of the most watched and most talked about animated movies of the year (or years). I'm going to enjoy seeing Elsa turn up in Storybrooke and see where things go.
"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
--Jor-El

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

#25 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,709 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:50 PM

Looks like it's on Stars, which I have, so I'll be able to watch it for free.  :thumbs-up:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#26 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:41 PM

View PostVirgil Vox, on 23 July 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

Surprised that the guy said that to you. Plenty of adults love Disney movies, and it was one of the most watched and most talked about animated movies of the year (or years). I'm going to enjoy seeing Elsa turn up in Storybrooke and see where things go.

Yeah, he also said "Well, it is a DVD after all, you can always just ... turn it off!" :rolleyes: Which I have done on occasion, but not this time!  :D :cool:

I plan to give him some feedback next time I go in.  I'll say something like this:  "It takes many of the Disney cliches, and twists them around, changing them into something far more meaningful."  :cool:

Of course, I could say (and probably have said) the same thing about Once Upon a Time.  :D

View PostRJDiogenes, on 24 July 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

Looks like it's on Stars, which I have, so I'll be able to watch it for free.  :thumbs-up:

Frozen is really good RJ, you won't be disappointed.  :)  You know the things that we all love about Once Upon a Time, the things that make up the core and the heart of the show?  Frozen has them in spades.  :nod:

I have lots more comments, but I'll put those in the review thread.  :D

SFG

Edited by Sci-Fi Girl, 24 July 2014 - 11:44 PM.

"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#27 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,709 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:39 PM

^^  I'm going to try to watch it on Sunday.  :nod:

#28 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

• Islander
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:32 PM

RJ, did you ever get to see Frozen?  What did you think?

I just posted some fantastic videos in the review thread, here.  :cool:

SFG  Posted Image

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#29 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,709 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:57 PM

Actually, I did see it and I liked it a lot.  It really defied a lot of the conventions of Disney movies, so it had a few surprises.  :nod:

I'll check out those videos.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Once Upon a Time, Once Upon a Time: Season 3, Once Upon a Time: Season 3.5, The Wicked Witch, Frozen

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users