• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#101 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

No, he was booted from the other one for his remarks that Staff should be replaced, along with the other remarks in said post.

#102 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

As I understand it LotS,

He attacked staff in both threads, hence why I said "posts", not "post."
Rejected and gone.

#103 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostMikoto, on 13 June 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

As I understand it LotS,

He attacked staff in both threads, hence why I said "posts", not "post."

Not true at all. He didn't attack in both threads. IMO, he didn't attack at all. But I can understand, somewhat, why staff felt he did so in this thread. In the other thread all he did was criticize the staff. And for the attack staff claim he made in this one thread, you booted him from 2 threads. The staff did a 2 for 1 sale on him, and it's not right at all.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#104 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

:wallbash:

:wallbash:

OK now I'm extra sorry for slipping in here to respond to Chatty, after LoP said the conversation was over and very nicely did not lock the thread.  I'd feel bad about this post too but the thread definitely got revived :wallbash:

#105 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

:hugs: Anakam. If you want to, my PM box is open.

#106 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

:hugs:  Thanks, Chatty, it's okay, it's just that I only posted in the thread again because I really appreciated your reply shortly before LoP's post and didn't want to not respond, you had met my gripe more than halfway.  If LoP had locked the thread I would have replied in PM, but I felt it was better to reply in public if at all possible for at least a couple of reasons.

I was mostly wallbashing because now it seems like doing that left the thread more open for additional posts after LoP said the discussion was over. :(

Edited by Anakam, 13 June 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#107 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

Normally we don't lock threads without good reasons, and since he didn't lock it, posting in it again won't get you into trouble. Things are sort of simmering down now (I hope) and hopefully we'll all get along again. :)

#108 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

Wow...it's like I never left. I can only say if the purpose of a boot in a thread is to calm down a thread that's getting out of hand by removing the person stirring the pot...with all due respect, 5 to 7 days for action renders it a moot point. If the situation has been self moderated by members, coming in 5 to 7 days later makes no sense and leads to...well to this. I understand the bite you in the ass factor for NOT responding to it but there is also the bite you in the ass for doing what feels pointless that long after the offense. IMO all boils down to time, booting in a timely fashion or not at all. Moderation is supposed to keep the peace and if the peace has been restored, why play the CYA card for some other future situation and turn the place into this by doing so? Just a thought
Posted Image
Posted Image

#109 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

I was letting this one drop, as it was doing, but since it's been bumped I'm locking it. The issue has been settled.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: June 2014 Board Blowup, The Argument

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users