My "Boy" comment

June 2014 Board Blowup The Argument

42 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:31 AM

Alright, let me put this to bed right here and now.

Yes, I was aware of the history of that term. No that is not how I use it. When I use it, more often then not I'm usually referring to GOD himself. or if a family member is busting my chops, I might say something like: "Boy, don't make me hurt you."

I have never, ever, used it in a racial way. Never have and never will. It was the first thing that popped into my mind when I was discussing Obama...probably because Obama seems to think he IS God. It wasn't used in a racial way.

Never the less, that hasn't stopped the Politically Correct from trying to label me as a racist. Those of you who know me, know I don't do Politically Correct. If my comments offend, then so be it. You're free to argue with me, debate the issue...Hell, on rare occasions I have even changed my position on a issue due to a debate I've had.

I am not a racists, but of course anyone who hates Obama nowadays is automatically named one. I am not a racist, but I do hate Obama. Never the less, if my "boy" comment offending others here, I do apologize. It wasn't my intention.

Edited by Lord of the Sword, 13 June 2014 - 10:33 AM.

"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#2 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,326 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

POPULAR

Thanks for the apology, equivocal as it is.  I accept it, whether anyone else does.

But as a point of education - please allow me to put this in terms I think you might relate to.

If a black man, exercising his second amendment rights to carry a gun and possessing a trigger-happy temper like yours heard you refer to him as "boy" he might not wait to find out that you personally don't mean it that way.  He might shoot you, dead, and be considered a hero in jail to many of the black men unjustly (or even justly) confined therein.  And you would have to explain your case to God as to why you didn't deserve to be shot, living all your life in America, at that in the south, where the term is WELL-KNOWN.

God might hear your case, knowing your heart, but He might then again toss the case out, on grounds of stupidity.  He might say "boy, you shoulda known better."

QT

Edited by QueenTiye, 13 June 2014 - 10:51 AM.

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#3 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:06 AM

View PostQueenTiye, on 13 June 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Thanks for the apology, equivocal as it is.  I accept it, whether anyone else does.

But as a point of education - please allow me to put this in terms I think you might relate to.

If a black man, exercising his second amendment rights to carry a gun and possessing a trigger-happy temper like yours heard you refer to him as "boy" he might not wait to find out that you personally don't mean it that way.  He might shoot you, dead, and be considered a hero in jail to many of the black men unjustly (or even justly) confined therein.  And you would have to explain your case to God as to why you didn't deserve to be shot, living all your life in America, at that in the south, where the term is WELL-KNOWN.

God might hear your case, knowing your heart, but He might then again toss the case out, on grounds of stupidity.  He might say "boy, you shoulda known better."

QT

Good on ya, I don't understand but whatever,  I don't except because of the equivocations, to me they just make it worse.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#4 Sci-Fi Girl

Sci-Fi Girl

Help me save Dark Matter!

• Islander
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 13 June 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

Yes, I was aware of the history of that term. No that is not how I use it. When I use it, more often then not I'm usually referring to GOD himself. or if a family member is busting my chops, I might say something like: "Boy, don't make me hurt you."

I have never, ever, used it in a racial way. Never have and never will. It was the first thing that popped into my mind when I was discussing Obama...probably because Obama seems to think he IS God. It wasn't used in a racial way.

Never the less, that hasn't stopped the Politically Correct from trying to label me as a racist. Those of you who know me, know I don't do Politically Correct. If my comments offend, then so be it. You're free to argue with me, debate the issue...Hell, on rare occasions I have even changed my position on a issue due to a debate I've had.

I am not a racists, but of course anyone who hates Obama nowadays is automatically named one. I am not a racist, but I do hate Obama. Never the less, if my "boy" comment offending others here, I do apologize. It wasn't my intention.

The problem is, while you can personally use a word to mean something different than everyone else uses it to mean, you can't really expect other people to know that.  Humans are not mind readers, when we hear a word, we usually make the reasonable assumption that it means what it is generally accepted to mean.  That is the nature of language.

The fact that it means one thing when you say it, and a different thing when everyone else says it, is not something that you can assume anyone else to understand.

SFG
"A song is like a picture of a bird in flight; the bird was moving before the picture was taken, and no doubt continued after."   - Pete Seeger

Pete Seeger's life was a picture of an idea in flight, and the idea will continue long after.  As long as there are people with goodness and courage in their hearts, the idea will continue forever.

Posted Image   Posted Image

Check out my music threads:

Beautiful Music: Folk, Acoustic, Traditional, and World

A Celebration of Song Lyrics, New and Old: Just the poetry  (to include those with different musical tastes than me)

When Sci Fi Actors Sing

#5 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

I've only been living down south for about 15 years. Yes, they do use that term in a racial way, but I tend not to hang around those types. Good point with your example above. As for well known terms in the South...they have a number of them. I'm still trying to figure out where the hell "Yonder" is.

QT

On meeting God...if such a meeting ever did take place, my first comments would probably be: "Boy, I've got several bones to pick with you. Come here." At which point I would expect God would kick me out of Heaven.

Still, while I do not do political correctness. It is a tad bit unreasonable for me to expect others to conform to my use of terms. So, since that word "boy" bothers members here I will not again use it when referring to a black person. I WILL still use it when referring to GOD though, even if it does offend some here. Because IMO God has a lot to answer for.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#6 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

I accepted your explanation that you use that word all the time, LotS

But you did not do yourself any favors when you went on a  bender using the word all over the place, granted not in the same way or in reference to Obama (the way that got everyone angry)  The sudden usage got everyones attention and not for the better.

Contrary to your saying you use it all the time, you had not been using it all the time in your posts.

Just be aware of how most of us  perceive that word used in context with an African American man.

edit--oops!  cross posted with LotS

Thank you for acknowledging the problematic nature of that word :)

Edited by Tricia, 13 June 2014 - 11:39 AM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#7 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 8,664 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostLord of the Sword, on 13 June 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

I've only been living down south for about 15 years. Yes, they do use that term in a racial way, but I tend not to hang around those types. Good point with your example above. As for well known terms in the South...they have a number of them. I'm still trying to figure out where the hell "Yonder" is.

Doncha know?

You just go down the road a fair piece, past hither, past thither, and when you get to further you continue on.  That's when you've gone yonder.  It's always just beyond the horizon, just out of reach.

Alternatively, it also means "there" as opposed to "here", as in "That farm yonder."  ;)

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#8 Tricia

Tricia

To err on the side of kindness is seldom an error.

• Islander
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

Nevermind

Edited by Tricia, 13 June 2014 - 04:58 PM.

In true dialogue, both sides are willing to change. --Thich Nhat Hanh

You don't need to attend every argument you are invited to

Do not ask that your kids live up to your expectations.  Let your kids be who they are, and your expectations will be in breathless pursuit.

#9 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

People who know me know that I have always referred to people who try to game, troll, and bait others as "mean-spirited, ignorant, m*f*ing peckerwood redneck idiots". It's just kind of a tradition I have, been sayin' it bout certain folks since I was knee high to a klansman. I only bring it up since it's evidently the fashion here now to list our favorite pet sayings and labels. Of course I would never use it to describe anyone on a message board. That certainly wouldn't be polite, and Lord knows how the world is chock full of those closed minded wannabe PC police, right LoTS?

Anyhow, I think it was real white of you to provide such an elegant and sincere apology here for this whole "racist" brouhaha. And by that I mean "white" in the purest spirit of innocence of the white light pouring down from the heavens. Others might have stubbed their toe and come off as mealy-mouthed trying to address such an unintended gaffe to a hostile group of PC'ers, but not you LoTS. You did it up in fine tradition.

One little thing I'm curious about, just a little thing, but after the whole Obama/the boy fiasco went down and all the PC'ers came out of the woodwork and all that nasty controversy rared up, you put up a thread just 4 days ago titled 'Obama moving to Asheville, NC after second term?????' In post # 2 of your thread Spectacles quotes you as saying...

"Being that close to the b....(Since people find "Boy" upsetting)...Being that close to the b*tch! isn't a good idea."

Then here in this splendid explanation thread you say..."Yes, I was aware of the history of that term"

So my only one niggling little concern in light of this is what was your intent in inserting the word "Boy" in that quote, which you deleted 3 hours later while qualifying its offensive nature as harsh? If you were aware of the history and pejorative connotation of "Boy" in a racial context, why would you AGAIN repeat the same term in an even more disparaging reference to a black president of the USA? I can't imagine you would deliberately utilize the term, albeit even in such a clever and rhetorically sleight-of-hand manner, to inflame the already heightened sensibilities of the PC crowd already seething from the first instance. Antagonizing or baiting to troll such folks is so far and away opposite from your sterling history of conduct on the board it seems verily incomprehensible that that could have been your motive there. So just curious, was it your attempt to supply a candidate for "Word of the Day"? As in "Boy"---LoTS' synonym for GOD? Or with Obama planning to be your close neighbor you were just busting his chops, like you would your family members? Just wondering....

Edited by yadda yadda, 13 June 2014 - 05:03 PM.

#10 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

Since you dragged me down with you, apology not accepted.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#11 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 13 June 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

People who know me know that I have always referred to people who try to game, troll, and bait others as "mean-spirited, ignorant, m*f*ing peckerwood redneck idiots". It's just kind of a tradition I have, been sayin' it bout certain folks since I was knee high to a klansman. I only bring it up since it's evidently the fashion here now to list our favorite pet sayings and labels. Of course I would never use it to describe anyone on a message board. That certainly wouldn't be polite, and Lord knows how the world is chock full of those closed minded wannabe PC police, right LoTS?

Anyhow, I think it was real white of you to provide such an elegant and sincere apology here for this whole "racist" brouhaha. And by that I mean "white" in the purest spirit of innocence of the white light pouring down from the heavens. Others might have stubbed their toe and come off as mealy-mouthed trying to address such an unintended gaffe to a hostile group of PC'ers, but not you LoTS. You did it up in fine tradition.

One little thing I'm curious about, just a little thing, but after the whole Obama/the boy fiasco went down and all the PC'ers came out of the woodwork and all that nasty controversy rared up, you put up a thread just 4 days ago titled 'Obama moving to Asheville, NC after second term?????' In post # 2 of your thread Spectacles quotes you as saying...

"Being that close to the b....(Since people find "Boy" upsetting)...Being that close to the b*tch! isn't a good idea."

Then here in this splendid explanation thread you say..."Yes, I was aware of the history of that term"

So my only one niggling little concern in light of this is what was your intent in inserting the word "Boy" in that quote, which you deleted 3 hours later while qualifying its offensive nature as harsh? If you were aware of the history and pejorative connotation of "Boy" in a racial context, why would you AGAIN repeat the same term in an even more disparaging reference to a black president of the USA? I can't imagine you would deliberately utilize the term, albeit even in such a clever and rhetorically sleight-of-hand manner, to inflame the already heightened sensibilities of the PC crowd already seething from the first instance. Antagonizing or baiting to troll such folks is so far and away opposite from your sterling history of conduct on the board it seems verily incomprehensible that that could have been your motive there. So just curious, was it your attempt to supply a candidate for "Word of the Day"? As in "Boy"---LoTS' synonym for GOD? Or with Obama planning to be your close neighbor you were just busting his chops, like you would your family members? Just wondering....

LOL I was wondering how adding that sexist dimension made it better.   :rolleyes:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#12 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

People who know me know that I have always referred to people who try to game, troll, and bait others as "mean-spirited, ignorant, m*f*ing peckerwood redneck idiots".

People who know me know that I've taken to calling quite a lot of society narcissistic and sociopathic -- though I had studied psychology intensively back in my college days (but gave up because I was dismayed by it all), it took me years to realize something about my family life. My supremely weird mother turned out to have sociopathy (specifically narcissistic personality disorder) underlying her recent dementia, which has explained a lot about my sister's and my lives. Now I see narcissism and sociopathy and psychopathy everywhere... but when you work retail, it really is everywhere, including in management.

So, y'know, it's just become a tradition of mine to use those terms. Not that I'm using them to specifically refer to anyone here. That would be wrong.

Edited by Norville, 13 June 2014 - 09:14 PM.

"The dew has fallen with a particularly sickening thud this morning."
- Marvin the Paranoid Android, "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Rules for Surviving an Autocracy
Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
http://www.nybooks.c...s-for-survival/

#13 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

View PostNorville, on 13 June 2014 - 09:13 PM, said:

People who know me know that I have always referred to people who try to game, troll, and bait others as "mean-spirited, ignorant, m*f*ing peckerwood redneck idiots".

People who know me know that I've taken to calling quite a lot of society narcissistic and sociopathic -- though I had studied psychology intensively back in my college days (but gave up because I was dismayed by it all), it took me years to realize something about my family life. My supremely weird mother turned out to have sociopathy (specifically narcissistic personality disorder) underlying her recent dementia, which has explained a lot about my sister's and my lives. Now I see narcissism and sociopathy and psychopathy everywhere... but when you work retail, it really is everywhere, including in management.

So, y'know, it's just become a tradition of mine to use those terms. Not that I'm using them to specifically refer to anyone here. That would be wrong.

Hey Norville, I spent my whole working life in retail after majoring in business and philosophy in college, and like you I saw the same thing everywhere, especially in management. You didn't work for Safeway too by any chance, did you? :dizzy:

#14 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

You didn't work for Safeway too by any chance, did you? :dizzy:

Oops, I meant to answer this earlier. No, not Safeway, though I've frequently been a customer there...

Edited by Norville, 17 June 2014 - 07:40 PM.

- Masha Gessen

#15 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

QT

This skates a little close to calling LotS stupid. However much you might disagree with him, I know you can do better than this.
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#16 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

:deadhorse:

#17 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostRhea, on 20 June 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

QT

This skates a little close to calling LotS stupid. However much you might disagree with him, I know you can do better than this.

A week later and this is QT, a black woman that forgave LoTs in the same post that you are now spanking her for.  And she didn't disagree with him she was offended by his use of the racist term "boy" used on the black President of the United States.  I don't understand.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#18 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

OK, between this absurdity, the other in LoTS' thread about Mark, all the unnecessary insufferable nonsense this has put us all through...I give up, Rhea. The mod handling and Admin/LoP  incestuous blind faith backing of this whole ridiculous nonsensical clusterfu**k of a senario is right out of Alice in Wonderland. You mods can't utter more than two sentences without making one  egregious error or misstatement after another...Mark didn't start the thread you're crapping on as not constructive, Rhea. It was your gentlemanly paragon of "reporting" virtue, LoTS. Nonny was not a racist, Miko, even though you did misspeak that she was. Lot's didn't call EI members terrorists, Miko, even as you said he did. Even after I corrected you you continued to espouse that fiction, nor have you corrected it since. You guys aren't really moderators, you're moderrorators.

Your original shared/deferred judgement of Nonny as an accuser of LoTS as racist is in error. If you guys were Nomad in Star Trek you would have self-destructed to sterilize your litany of errors well over a week ago. I have laid out a logical argument in several threads Rhea that directly discredits your theory that "calling someone's use of a racist term  is to accuse them of racist behaviour" and by "logical extension" the term's user as racist. I have delineated in detail why your "logic" is flawed. The first time I did you blew it off, saying you were done discussing the matter. Then later I put it up again in Baldy's racism thread, granted as a rhetorical observation, but no one on staff has either had the stones or clarity to address my observation. Yet, here you are like Jim Dandy to the rescue jumping all over QT, a full WEEK after she made her comment, to what purpose? To prove your Clouseau-like prowess in pointing out someone pointing out LoTS' stupidity? Honestly Rhea, we hold these truths to be self evident. This petty myopia and attitude of condescending omniscience on part of staff has just about sunk the HMS Orbis Titanicus already. Is Cait still casting life preservers to the two intrepid souls still posting something viable over there, before it slips beneath the waves, trying to maintain the illusion that the ship is being abandoned? Maybe there's still time to do some good over there, if staff would simply realize that your inflexibility and "circle the wagons/damn the truth torpedos!" facade is indeed the iceberg here.  

Rhea, you wait a full week for the gears of EI justice to grind so exceedingly fine that you notice QT's horribly impolite transgression. Over on the Mark/booting thread you leap into the breach to chide and counsel someone who's ALREADY GONE, three days! I imagine you with an AWACS plane or drone up there in SL, out to ferret out and spot these flareups of inappropriate commentary before it's really, really too late. Where was your keen  spidey sense for impropriety when you hashed out the decision to boot Nonny for logically extending LoTS as a racist? How did it ever miss the offensive racist context of LoTS' own "boy" comment, that you've admitted (and blown LoTS' cover of confidentiality BTW) that LoTS reported to the mods on the thread that started this whole stupid unnecessary board crippling brouhaha? Did you just miss it or do you just subconciously bend over backwards to protect your gentlemanly good little "reporters" ? Don't want to lose them because then who would bang your erasers and clean the blackboard after class? In this very thread I point out that LoTS made a repeated instance of using the term "boy" over on the 'Obama moving to Asheville, NC???' thread in OT. You personally posted commentary on that thread. How did you miss the use of "boy" a second time, as eagle -eyed you have proven to be on spotting offensiveness, especially as it relates in direction to LoTS? Does LoTS have a little bat signal he sends up at first sign of his quivering lip when offended? I know, LoTS knows the rules. When somebody attacks the last remaining Republican leaning independent on the board, the reporting icon gets pressed and the "let's save LoTS' self esteem" squad leaps into the fray.

The report icon is the key. it awakens the Angels of Propriety and Booting into action. Realizing that, and this is for member edification, I pushed that report icon a few minutes before I posted above in this thread about LoTS' repeated use of the term boy. I did so because it was obvious he was going to skate on having said it and I thought that staff attention should be brought to his action. I didn't report LoTS as being a racist, just someone who had repeatedly made inappropriate racial remarks for the purpose of inciting the membership.  So I reported it as LoP had pointed out as the only legitimate option. I figured it would take the obligatory week to ten days to get a brush off and thanks for doing your duty. Then I saw in posting that evidently LoTS was being assessed for banishment which I did not feel was warranted nor did I wish it to be based upon my report. So I wrote in and withdrew my report, and was thanked for having done so to help save his skin, so to speak. Suffice to say. LotS is still part of the community. posting or not. This is what the "reporting" protocol really represents here. See something racist, you're mandated to say nothing. If you report it the way we're advised by LoP and Rhea, by being a little tattle-tale, you risk a fellow member's banishment, based upon the collective wisdom, compassion, and reasoning power of those in charge, already laid out here for your examination. Those are the Draconian options. Say nothing, or be responsible for putting someone's neck in the noose of probable banishment.

Consider these options and your pull of conscience and moral duty, both ways. I know I have and am sorry to say it presents an untenable and uncomfortable situation I can no longer abide, especially in the face of the continuing arrogance and ignorance here.  I am taking my leave for good of posting at this board. Boot me, ban me, slice me up and can me. It matters not to me. Thank you for the exchange of perspective and fellowship, my EI companions. I shall miss you. And I'd also like to extend a similar feeling on the part of Spectacles to her fellow posters and friends here. She just couldn't deal with the chaos either.

Sincerely and respectfully, yadda yadda

#19 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

I'll say the same thing to you as I did to Mark, and that I wish I could say to Specs. I'll miss you if you go, but I understand why you are going. Thing is, you can't change anything if you're not here.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#20 Norville

Norville
  • Islander
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, this is so beyond ridiculous, I can go a few more years without posting here again. I must say, this was the perfect way to make OT less of a problem child, by misrepresenting everything to the point of almost everyone concerned walking away in disgust. Well-done. *applause*

- Masha Gessen

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: June 2014 Board Blowup, The Argument

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users