42 replies to this topic

#41 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostOmega, on 21 June 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

I apologize if my phrasing wasn't the most sensitive. Frustration creeps in, as I keep warning everyone else. I should listen to my own advice. Please understand, though, respect is behind all my posts, even if it's not in front of it. I could just leave, like half a dozen others. But I respect the staff enough to believe they may still realize their errors, which is why I keep pointing them out. If not for that respect, you wouldn't see me here. :)

Let me clarify. I felt the need to point out that we actually have two problems. First, the bad calls that were made, which were complained about mightily and broadly, and which we now know are being discussed. (Great!) Second, we have the new problem that the staff isn't telling members that their concerns are being given weight and being discussed, when numerous members are leaving over that very concern. Those are both things that the staff need to address, and I hope they will.

Also, I'm not picking on you, Mikoto. Any comment I make about the behavior of the staff is directed at the entire staff, as a group. You happen to be the one posting. I'm sorry if I've made it seem either person or animus. It's absolutely not my intent.

Thanks Omega, I appreciate it. I also apologize, my patience wasn't at its best at the time. Water under the bridge then?

I had it pointed out to me that LoP has actually mentioned this many many posts ago in one of the other IC threads that we'd be working on a new set of guidelines/rules. That frees me up a bit to confirm that yes, we are working on a new set of guidelines. Obviously I can't specify what's in them-it's not my place to do so, and we're not quite finished yet. That being said, the events of the last few weeks have been taken into account. There are some compromises.

Edited by Mikoto, 21 June 2014 - 05:36 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#42 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

View PostMikoto, on 21 June 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

View PostOmega, on 21 June 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

I apologize if my phrasing wasn't the most sensitive. Frustration creeps in, as I keep warning everyone else. I should listen to my own advice. Please understand, though, respect is behind all my posts, even if it's not in front of it. I could just leave, like half a dozen others. But I respect the staff enough to believe they may still realize their errors, which is why I keep pointing them out. If not for that respect, you wouldn't see me here. :)

Let me clarify. I felt the need to point out that we actually have two problems. First, the bad calls that were made, which were complained about mightily and broadly, and which we now know are being discussed. (Great!) Second, we have the new problem that the staff isn't telling members that their concerns are being given weight and being discussed, when numerous members are leaving over that very concern. Those are both things that the staff need to address, and I hope they will.

Also, I'm not picking on you, Mikoto. Any comment I make about the behavior of the staff is directed at the entire staff, as a group. You happen to be the one posting. I'm sorry if I've made it seem either person or animus. It's absolutely not my intent.

Thanks Omega, I appreciate it. I also apologize, my patience wasn't at its best at the time. Water under the bridge then?

I had it pointed out to me that LoP has actually mentioned this many many posts ago in one of the other IC threads that we'd be working on a new set of guidelines/rules. That frees me up a bit to confirm that yes, we are working on a new set of guidelines. Obviously I can't specify what's in them-it's not my place to do so, and we're not quite finished yet. That being said, the events of the last few weeks have been taken into account. There are some compromises.

We already knew about the "new guidelines" which I could care less about.  It's Nonny's boot and the way we members are being asked to handle racist comments, still not right.  I'm sure that you guys would like me to go away  and I probably will when  get tired of banging my head against this brick wall.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#43 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

Patience Baldy, patience. :) Just wait for the new guidelines. As I said, there are compromises.
Rejected and gone.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: June 2014 Board Blowup, The Argument

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users