June 2014 Board Blowup Staff Response

13 replies to this topic

#1 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:01 AM

Nikki Peppermint is back and so is Omega. Omega will be back in OT while we sort things out.

There is a post from the Boss incoming, I know it's been said before, but there is one...I hope it will be posted in IC sometime today.

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#2 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:38 AM

Thank you Rae.  And thanks to Nikki Peppermint and Omega for covering.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#3 Cait

Cait

Democracy Dies in Darkness

• 10,810 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

OMG, I knew about Nikki [and that is fabulous of course], but Omega too!!!  OT will be only the better for his presence!!  Welcome back guys!!

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.

Source:
http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#4 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,330 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

Welcome (back), Nikki and Omega.  :waves:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#5 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

Glad to help out and thanks all :)!!!  :waves:  to RJ

#6 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,032 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

I tell you, I thought things were okay in the outright hell you call being a common member. Then I got this fancy blue bar back, and I saw all the upgrades in the staff lounge! Leather easy chairs! Cigars! Personal estheticians! The daily ayurvedic massage (with essential oils blended specifically for my dosha) has changed my life. The bartender makes a killer egg cream, too. How do you people live?

#7 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostOmega, on 26 June 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

I tell you, I thought things were okay in the outright hell you call being a common member. Then I got this fancy blue bar back, and I saw all the upgrades in the staff lounge! Leather easy chairs! Cigars! Personal estheticians! The daily ayurvedic massage (with essential oils blended specifically for my dosha) has changed my life. The bartender makes a killer egg cream, too. How do you people live?

Sparingly. Gnawing on the bitter root that is our existence.  :smirk:

#8 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 14,330 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

View PostNikki Peppermint, on 25 June 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

:waves:  to RJ  
:hugs:

Being a Watchdog was the best year of my life.  :mellow:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#9 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

Omega, I'm not real sure how Ronald Reagan's signature trickle down theory actually works in practice, but any chance you could dribble a few second hand drops of that egg cream on down for a thirsty Islander?  :drool:

#10 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

View Postyadda yadda, on 26 June 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

Sparingly. Gnawing on the bitter root that is our existence.  :smirk:

Not to laugh at the "bitter"ness of your existence, but LOL!!! That was an awesome description. :lol:

#11 yadda yadda

yadda yadda
  • Islander
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

Nice to meet you Nikki! Well, I'm philosophical about it. Some go through life galloping as the mighty stallion, mane flowing in the wind and hooves ever eager to crest the next rise. Some are plodders, like a horse broken to drawing the wagon or carriage. And other of us just get a steady diet of horseradish, raw, not prepared or creamed... :argh: And then some are lucky to be always minty fresh! :D

#12 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

Good to meet you, too, yadda :). ^^^Funny!!! But gross...raw horseradish :sick:. I'll take the minty part ;).

#13 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:28 AM

NIKKI!!!! You're back. (((( NIkki ))))

Omega, welcome back too. :)

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#14 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

Hi, Gode!! :D Yep, it seems that way...somehow life went in a circle and here I am again. I see you on Fb, but nice to see you here again, too :).

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: June 2014 Board Blowup, Staff Response

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users