World Cupsoccer European Football Messi Brazil 2014

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,506 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

I'm guessing no one else is watching any of it?

If that's true, then it's sad...cause it's been freakin' awesome! :D
:waves: :ph34r: :bigsmile:
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#2 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

I got turned off by the lead up articles about clearing the favelas, and was outraged by the way women players in Brazil are treated.  Apparently the money used to overpay one player, whose pay was increased by a factor of 10, was taken out of the budget for the women's national team, every single penny (or whatever) of that budget.  If I can find that article again, I'll be interested to see the name of that player, though I suspect I know it.  Anyway, countries that have national teams for both men and women, and support them both reasonably, at least approaching equally, are the countries that I prefer to see win big.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: World Cupsoccer, European Football, Messi, Brazil, 2014

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users